Am I being too fussy?

LMM, i know how you feel...
I bought a black mabel purde for 105 and it was not lightly used (the stud cannot even close properly)

I was unsure what to do and waited too long... hope you will get it sorted! I hate it when items are not as described!
Good luck and no, you are not being fussy IMO

Thanks everyone.

I just get a bit freaked out by dirty things .. (I sound mental! :nuts: ) ... so I will give her the next 24 hours to get back to me & then I will file the report. When I clicked on the reporting thingie, it gave me a number to call - which happened before & it was sorted out over the phone .. so fingers crossed!

Thanks everyone.

I just get a bit freaked out by dirty things .. (I sound mental! :nuts: ) ... so I will give her the next 24 hours to get back to me & then I will file the report. When I clicked on the reporting thingie, it gave me a number to call - which happened before & it was sorted out over the phone .. so fingers crossed!

I think you are absolutely right to complain. Ebay have started this helpline thingy now, which tries to sort things out (and if you've paid by PayPal avoids PayPal getting involved) but I am not sure how it works if you haven't paid with PayPal. Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle though.

LMM, I'm so sorry about your new purchase. The scratches on the Mulberry plaque will drive me bonkers too & it IS dirty. You're not being fussy at all IMO.
Hope you get the refund though. Good luck! :hugs:

Think Im going to stick to buying direct from Mulberry from now on .. had too many ebay nightmares - orkneydaisy saw two of them last week :rolleyes:

Still no email from her - Im sure her granny died/dog went missing/car ran away down a hill etc etc - pick the most relevant - when I apply the complaint!

Sorry LMM - late to this! You are right to be peeved about this. These are not tiny marks, especially on light coloured leather...Hope you get a positive response from the seller and if not open a dispute. Good luck!

Hi LMM, I am sorry you have have to deal with the common stress of evilbay!! I really prefer to save and buy new, I purchased two Mulberry bags secondhand I returned one and sold the other. I am very very fussy too so I know how you must feel. I hope you sort it out and are refunded all of your money.

Thanks guys.

Its funny - Ive sold all the bags I bought on evilbay - I should really see a trend there & leave it be!! :rolleyes:

If anyone sees me contemplating something other than an amazing BRAND NEW bargain on evilbay, please feel free to slap some sense into me!! :nuts:

Gosh, I am actually quite pleased to read this as I was getting a bit paranoid that I have filed two SNAD in the past month, so it obviously isn't just me that thinks people are downright lying in their descriptions. One with a cut through label that I had already asked the seller about and they had said it didn't have one, then of course, bag turns up with cut through label! You can imagine my disbelief, especially when said seller then asks for a photo of the label and tells me that is not the bag I sent them!! So, that is still with paypal pending a refund.

Then I received another bag stated as being immaculate and with a tiny mark on the lining. The bag was far from immaculate, had very dirty corners and pockets and moreso, had an 11cm x 8cm mark on the base which looked like grease. Given this is a small bag, that mark took up nearly half the base! Contacted the seller, gave them 3 days to reply, nothing, so filed a dispute on that one now. Paypal are currently reviewing it and still I have not heard anything from the seller, but they have responded to paypal, but no idea what they have said. Probably that I have dipped it in chip fat!

Gosh, I am actually quite pleased to read this as I was getting a bit paranoid that I have filed two SNAD in the past month, so it obviously isn't just me that thinks people are downright lying in their descriptions. One with a cut through label that I had already asked the seller about and they had said it didn't have one, then of course, bag turns up with cut through label! You can imagine my disbelief, especially when said seller then asks for a photo of the label and tells me that is not the bag I sent them!! So, that is still with paypal pending a refund.

Then I received another bag stated as being immaculate and with a tiny mark on the lining. The bag was far from immaculate, had very dirty corners and pockets and moreso, had an 11cm x 8cm mark on the base which looked like grease. Given this is a small bag, that mark took up nearly half the base! Contacted the seller, gave them 3 days to reply, nothing, so filed a dispute on that one now. Paypal are currently reviewing it and still I have not heard anything from the seller, but they have responded to paypal, but no idea what they have said. Probably that I have dipped it in chip fat!

:shocked:

I dont understand some people. I was starting to think maybe my idea of acceptable was quite clearly too high .. but eww other peoples' mank is just NOT good.

I hope that you get your refunds .. how frustrating.

Im going to file a SNAD today - she hasnt bothered to get back to me as yet. :rolleyes:

I know some people dont spend as much time by the PC as I do :lol: but still .. !!

Its so unfair for those of us who do list accurately. I take care of my bags and if I say they are clean then you could eat off them. However, I can understand people not believing me based on what people have experienced here. I for one will now only buy from known sellers of well known member of tPF (so I can go round and sort em out if they are telling porkies LOL)

Good luck sorting this one out LMM. Sorry am very late catching up.It's taking me ages to read through all the threads I've missed. I have only bought one pre owned bag and was very lucky to have found a lovely tpfer.