Am I being too fussy?

I wouldn't be happy either. I don't mind buying second hand as long as its in an acceptable condition to me.

If its been misrepresented I would definitely contact ebay. Has your cheque cleared already?

What a bummer. How many positive feedback does the seller have? If it was me I would want to keep all my positives and not risk a negative.

By the way, I really like how sellers can't leave negs now on ebay. It means that we can leave appropriate feedback without worrying about retaliation from the seller.

Oh, bummer, what a disappointment, LMM. And of all the possible times for your paypal account to not work!

I am happy to buy pre-loved stuff off ebay, but I wouldn't be happy to have received that. Hope the seller agrees to refund you.

Im annoyed as it looked so nice in the pics. Id rather have saved & got a new one from the outlets at some point :rolleyes:

Think this has taught me a valuable lesson anyway!

Thanks ladies :hugs:

open a dispute yes i agree 100% . and it dont matter who you psid either the item is not in the conditon she put in the auction. get ready to send pics to ebay also.

I really know what you are talking about!. I buy lots of Mulberry on ebay and recently the 'Significanctly Not As Describeds' has been getting noticeably worse. Items described as 'mint' turning up looking like they've been dug up from the garden, 'as-new' actually translating into worn and stained half-to-death. Its really shocking how some people can either be completely blind or just deviant. Its been driving me mad recently and, to be honest, making me underbid on most stuff from 'non-known' sellers as I'm just too wary of what I'm going to end up with. I spoke to ebay about it and they said it was the recession thing again...that people aren't being quite as truthful as they might, so as to get a better price. Most SNADs I've opened have been honoured without question by ebay but its costing me an arm and a leg in return postage costs. Its really bad.

Definately go for the SNAD and representative feedback, Its NOT on.

Last edited: