am I a terrible person???

maybe it upset you at first coz you thought you could have gotten it for more but felt justified that it didn't?

whatever the other person's intentions are for buying the bag from you, doesn't or shouldn't really matter to you... though i can understand that people do get attached with their stuff due to sentimental reasons, and may want to be able to sell it to "deserving" buyers..

whatever the case maybe... you're human with human emotions.. that's all...

WHat you feel is normal. I sold a bag on eBay an LT, made a $100 profit after all fees, the buyer sold it and made another 120.00! I was annoyed at myself for putting such a low BIN on it. I've moved on and now I know that buyer's selling and buying ids, lol!
CHeers,

Trish, you shouldn't feel bad. Serves them right! I dislike how resellers snap up all the "deals" on ebay, and jack up the prices. I mean, 1. they are taking advantage of the original sellers, who are just trying to clean their closets or use the money for something else, and 2. they jack up the price for NEW potential buyers, which in turn ends up bring a contributing factor in driving up the prices on other Chanels for sale on ebay. So it just ends up working against US -the gals who truly love Chanel. -Don't feel bad, I'd be going "muhahaha" out loud or something if that happened to me ;)

maybe it upset you at first coz you thought you could have gotten it for more but felt justified that it didn't?

whatever the other person's intentions are for buying the bag from you, doesn't or shouldn't really matter to you... though i can understand that people do get attached with their stuff due to sentimental reasons, and may want to be able to sell it to "deserving" buyers..

whatever the case maybe... you're human with human emotions.. that's all...

ok, since i am coming clean, i mean if you cannot be honest with the tpf'ers, who can you be honest with :P ? I was initially a wee bit annoyed that i didn't sell it for more, but to be honest, I thought selling it for $200 more than i pad was already being greedy and felt guilty, but it was still $500 below current retail so I knew for example, if a tpf'er bought it, it would still be a really good buy and I'd be able to sleep at night, KWIM :sweatdrop:. I am very happy with my profit but didn't feel it fair for someone else to mark it up for another buyer yet again....and like janny328 said, drive up the prices for everyone...i mean chanel already drives up prices and now ebay resellers are getting on the bandwagon....the good deals are going away!:hysteric:

Trish, you shouldn't feel bad. Serves them right! I dislike how resellers snap up all the "deals" on ebay, and jack up the prices. I mean, 1. they are taking advantage of the original sellers, who are just trying to clean their closets or use the money for something else, and 2. they jack up the price for NEW potential buyers, which in turn ends up bring a contributing factor in driving up the prices on other Chanels for sale on ebay. So it just ends up working against US -the gals who truly love Chanel. -Don't feel bad, I'd be going "muhahaha" out loud or something if that happened to me ;)

Yea, I totally agree with Janny.
I remember when I was listing my LV monogram petite noe on ebay last year (with a starting price of probably one third of the current price), there was a reseller that messaged me and asked me how much I wanted to get for a BIN of that purse. I checked the reseller's ebay listings and found out how he/she marked up the prices of those used bags and I figured out that he/she could have sold my LV bag for $ 600 + because it was in perfect condition with no stain/damages. In order to fight off that reseller, I asked for $ 550 + on my reply. Of course, he/she didn't get back to me afterwards. Anyway, I eventually sold this purse for slightly over $400+, and I was very happy with it.
Honestly, I don't think the final price of the purse is really that big deal for me. Instead, I think I am a person who simply don't want the resellers to take advantage of my honest listing on ebay and I do hope my pre-loved purses will go to a lady that really :heart: it.

Yea, I totally agree with Janny.
I remember when I was listing my LV monogram petite noe on ebay last year (with a starting price of probably one third of the current price), there was a reseller that messaged me and asked me how much I wanted to get for a BIN of that purse. I checked the reseller's ebay listings and found out how he/she marked up the prices of those used bags and I figured out that he/she could have sold my LV bag for $ 600 + because it was in perfect condition with no stain/damages. In order to fight off that reseller, I asked for $ 550 + on my reply. Of course, he/she didn't get back to me afterwards. Anyway, I eventually sold this purse for slightly over $400+, and I was very happy with it.
Honestly, I don't think the final price of the purse is really that big deal for me. Instead, I think I am a person who simply don't want the resellers to take advantage of my honest listing on ebay and I do hope my pre-loved purses will go to a lady that really :heart: it.

amen sistah! my setiments exactly!

I think since you already made a profit it shouldn't be a big deal if the new buyer tries to profit too. What irritates me is when I'm nice to a buyer and lower the price thinking she really loves and wants the bag, only to find it relisted at a higher price. Just recently I lowered the price on a wallet for a buyer who wanted it to match her vintage beige flap, only to find that she not only relisted the wallet two weeks later (using my auction description word for word), but also sold her beige flap! Luckily she lost money on the wallet.

When I sold my Luxury bowler I made it clear I was selling for profit and even included my original receipt. It sold to a buyer who owned a store, and if his intention was to turn around and try for more profit then good for him! He was a great buyer and I was grateful to do business with someone who wasn't a moron, LOL!

roey, I forgot to mention, she had asked me if would accept a lower BIN and it was like one day into the auction and i said no. so i really think she thought she could buy it to mark it up and resell it, she relisted it like two days after the auction ended too...I do have a habit of buying bags from the smaller individual sellers like myself who probably want to sell a bag so they can buy a new one. but you are right, it is her right to make a profit if she can! why not, but it doens't mean will will buy :rolleyes:

ok, so I sold my black caviar e/w on ebay, I made a couple hundred dollars on it (above what i paid) because the price went up sooooo much in the last three years and it was LIKE NEW with all the paperwork. But I still sold it for $500 less than current retail of $1795, I didn't want to be greedym KWIM? So I sold for $1295....I was so annoyed when my buyer immediately turned around and listed it on eSchmay :graucho: for $1599 - but no one even made an offer. I have been watching the listing (since it irritated me so much) and she just sold it for best offer for $1200 - HA, a month later! Good buy for someome, hopefully a tpf'er but she lost probably close to $200 after ebay fees. I think this serves her right for being so greedy. What do you think? Am I jsut being nasty and a bad person for feeling this way? I just cannot watch people resell at such a high profit....like we won't notice? I could see if you couldn't get the bag retail now like a valentine heart bag, but it is still in stores! duh!

I can understand feeling "wronged" in some way but it's not justified (it's human nature, but it's not logical). You resold a used bag at a profit and that's what your buyer tried to do so I don't see a good reason to be angry at the buyer. I'm not a psychologist by any stretch of the imagination but if I were in your shoes, I'd be angry at myself for potentially underestimating the value of my bag in the first place before attempting to sell it. If it makes you feel a little less guilty: Perhaps it's not that you think it "serves her right" to have not made an additional profit on the bag but that you're just relieved, knowing that if you had asked for much more in the first place, you might not have sold it. The other buyer's inability to make a profit off of the bag just validates the idea that you didn't rob yourself by not selling it for enough. Just a guess on my part because that's how I'd feel under the circumstances.

I just sold an LV last week and read this post last night... Today I checked the on the person that bought the LV from me... Guess what?!?!?! They are selling my bag AND making almost 130. more than I sold mine for.... I'm pissed but what can you do?!:cursing: