All time favourite Longchamp bag?

Easy ... this light gray classic Longchamp bag ... Le Foulonne leather in the LePliage shape.
This bag is a beauty, and in durable Foulonne leather, a dream. I still wish more styles are being made in Foulonne leather. Foulonne looks timeless, wears super well and uniquely LC. Hope this style makes a comeback so that more can own this.

Mine is not a bag but rather an SLG that started my love for Foulonne leather. It is a key case in Vermillion. I use it as a card case and as Foulonne leather is very pliable, I was so amazed with how many cards this little case can fit. How it wore was what surprised me. I use it daily for a good number of years before I started rotating my card cases (also from LC) but despite it being in a bag with other stuff, this key case has no worn corners, color still looked vibrant (some reds can look tired over time but not this) and the best thing is; it still looks new!

Attachments

• Fou Vermillion Key Pouch.jpg
    Fou Vermillion Key Pouch.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 11
Easy ... this light gray classic Longchamp bag ... Le Foulonne leather in the LePliage shape. It hasn’t been sold in this leather/design combo in quite a few years. This bag is minimal, elegant, holds its shape and forever looks great though it’s been used a lot and has travelled afar with me. It was my initial bond with LC.

View attachment 5364487
It’s really pretty....and the color is TDF! I’m late to the LC party and would really love to own one of these.

Easy ... this light gray classic Longchamp bag ... Le Foulonne leather in the LePliage shape. It hasn’t been sold in this leather/design combo in quite a few years. This bag is minimal, elegant, holds its shape and forever looks great though it’s been used a lot and has travelled afar with me. It was my initial bond with LC.

View attachment 5364487
Wow! I’ve always wanted a leather version of the classic canvas I never near it’s come and gone!

My all time favorite is the original Le Pliage Cuir in the soft Métis (lamb) leather. Regrettably, I only own three in the size small and one in the medium size (black/noir). Here’s a photo of my beloved three. These all have the thinner shoulder strap style (not shown). I never cared for the wider strap styles which felt too bulky and would slide off of me. It’s 99% likely I will never buy the new calf version in anything larger than an XS. What I love so much about these lamb leather bags is the squish against my body.

IMG_5970.jpeg

Last edited:
My hunter green leather (nordstrom exclusive) so soft and squishy! But honestly I love so many of my nylon pliages just as much! Think this is cuir leather -not sure Does anyone know?
View attachment 5770613
Yes it is. I purchased the same exact tote in green as well during nordstroms anniversary sale a few years back and love it it’s perfect for travel and I’ve gotten a lot of compliments especially for the color.

Reactions: sittysue
My all time favorite is the original Le Pliage Cuir in the soft Métis (lamb) leather. Regrettably, I only own three in the size small and one in the medium size (black/noir). Here’s a photo of my beloved three.
Lovely collection you have there, such beautiful colours! Very true that the squish was part of the appeal, like older Bal bags ;) it's a real pity that Longchamp discontinued the Cuir line. I'd buy the new Xtra hobo immediately, sight unseen, if it were in Métis leather. What's the point of a rigid, structured hobo? :yucky:
Think this is cuir leather -not sure Does anyone know?
Yep, this is Cuir Métis leather, and AFAIK, it was a US exclusive. We never had them available here in France. They don't make this style in the new cowhide Xtra line.

Last edited:
My all time favorite is the original Le Pliage Cuir in the soft Métis (lamb) leather. Regrettably, I only own three in the size small and one in the medium size (black/noir). Here’s a photo of my beloved three. These all have the thinner shoulder strap style (not shown). I never cared for the wider strap styles which felt too bulky and would slide off of me. It’s 99% likely I will never buy the new calf version in anything larger than an XS. What I love so much about these lamb leather bags is the squish against my body.

View attachment 5770590
Beautiful bags!

Reactions: Glitter_pixie