All Things PEEKABOO - post pics, ask questions and chat here!

Get it. Color is different. Youneed black for more formal feel. I totally get it as I love structured smallbahs. You may not get cured of this obsession unless this baby is home. You have my blessing.

You are absolutely NOT crazy for getting both! I have the dark gray mini calfskin bag with the confetti trim and I just bought the small black essentially bag about a month ago. I LOVE this bag! You are right......it's a little larger than the mini, but smaller than the regular peekaboo. I love wearing it crossbody, shoulder and handheld. I dress it up and dress it down. You will not regret this purchase! GOOD LUCK!

I went through this same decision! Saw that the defender is now sold separately, and ordered a black mini preowned to go with it. Feeling responsible and frugal! Yay me! Whew! When DH went to the boutique to pick up the defender for me, he sent a picture of the dove selleria. I fell in love with it and ended up buying it, too! They are both lovely in different ways!

I don't think they're that similar. The Essential has very crisp, clean lines. The gold hardware is doing all the speaking on that beauty. Definitely more polished and refined.

Thanks for your input!
@Incalifornia7 I totally agree, the black is more formal. Thank you!
@Latte_Queen Congrats!! Do you find you still have occasion to use your mini anymore? I fear my mini may go unused if I get the Essentially. Love to see a pic of both!
@tarheelap I’m trying to be responsible and frugal too! But it is so hard! Congrats on your purchases!
@OneMoreDay I also totally agree, the Essentially is so sharp and polished. Thanks for confirming my thoughts - my mini can be for casual use whereas the Essentially can be used more formally.

@Addicted to bags Yours looks amazing! Do you have occasion to use your mini at all, since you have both also?

Thanks for your input!
@Latte_Queen Congrats!! Do you find you still have occasion to use your mini anymore? I fear my mini may go unused if I get the Essentially. Love to see a pic of both!
@tarheelap I’m trying to be responsible and frugal too! But it is so hard! Congrats on your purchases!
@OneMoreDay I also totally agree, the Essentially is so sharp and polished. Thanks for confirming my thoughts - my mini can be for casual use whereas the Essentially can be used more formally.

@Addicted to bags Yours looks amazing! Do you have occasion to use your mini at all, since you have both also?
I haven't used my mini lately but that's because I own too many bags, lol. I barely used the Essential (I think only that day I took the picture). But I still love my mini and it will get back in rotation. To me, the 2 bags don't look similar at all.

Reactions: Annawakes
Hi Fendi forum! I am going to purchase my first Fendi bag soon for Christmas. I have had my eye on the Peekaboo for several years now, and I know that I want black regular size with gold hardware. I mostly have been waiting because I love the Peekaboos with bag bug eyes, and I was waiting until there was one with an eye color that I liked. But, earlier this year, I decided that I was tired of waiting, and I love the bag design so much that I want to just get it, even without the eyes. So I was all set to get this one, until I saw this new release with the bag bug eyes, which I LOVE. But after going into the store to check them out, I’m no longer sure it’s worth it to spend the extra $1000 on it, as I realized that it is not necessarily practical to wear it with the front open (esp in NYC), nor am I sure it will drop enough to really show the eyes. So my questions for Peekaboo owners are: do you ever, and would you ever, wear your bag with the front unclasped? Also, does the front slouch down quite easily, or you have to wait for the leather to soften? And, in your opinion, do you think it is worth it to spend the $1000 on the bag with the eyes, which I have wanted for years, or should I get the one without the eyes, which I still adore and would wear all the time, and spend the $1000 on a different present for myself (lol)? Thank you all! :heart:8BN2903ZNF0KUR_01_xlarge.jpeg8BN290A5P9F0KUR_01_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Fendi forum! I am going to purchase my first Fendi bag soon for Christmas. I have had my eye on the Peekaboo for several years now, and I know that I want black regular size with gold hardware. I mostly have been waiting because I love the Peekaboos with bag bug eyes, and I was waiting until there was one with an eye color that I liked. But, earlier this year, I decided that I was tired of waiting, and I love the bag design so much that I want to just get it, even without the eyes. So I was all set to get this one, until I saw this new release with the bag bug eyes, which I LOVE. But after going into the store to check them out, I’m no longer sure it’s worth it to spend the extra $1000 on it, as I realized that it is not necessarily practical to wear it with the front open (esp in NYC), nor am I sure it will drop enough to really show the eyes. So my questions for Peekaboo owners are: do you ever, and would you ever, wear your bag with the front unclasped? Also, does the front slouch down quite easily, or you have to wait for the leather to soften? And, in your opinion, do you think it is worth it to spend the $1000 on the bag with the eyes, which I have wanted for years, or should I get the one without the eyes, which I still adore and would wear all the time, and spend the $1000 on a different present for myself (lol)? Thank you all! :heart:View attachment 4251541View attachment 4251543
I don’t have a regular size peekaboo, so I can’t answer your clasping/slouching questions, but if it were me, I’d get the one without eyes and use the extra $1k for a matching Strap You!!

Hi all. I have a grey selleria mini, but am now thinking of getting a black Essentially. Earlier this year I decided against the black Essentially because of its gold hardware.....and so I went with the grey mini (plus I was looking for a nice crossbody bag at the time). Now I don’t care about the gold hardware so much....

My question is.....are these two bags too similar??? One is mini size, the other is slightly bigger. I have some pics for comparison. My reasoning is, I like to wear my mini crossbody. I would wear the Essentially on my shoulder, or handheld. I feel like the mini is kind of small to be worn on the arm. I feel like the Essentially is more polished because of the smooth calfskin. Whereas the mini is more casual because of the selleria. Am I crazy for wanting the black Essentially too? Please tell me your honest thoughts. Pics below.

Also, I want to get this strap (in the last photo) to go with it.....part of me wants to get the bag to go with the strap.....is that crazy? But also I think I have valid reasons too (see above). They didn’t have a black Essentially that time so I tried it with a regular grey selleria (which is too big for me).

Thoughts???
Thanks for your input!

Here are a few photos of my dark gray mini and my black essentially bags. I love both and use both! IMG_5394.PNG IMG_5395.PNG IMG_5398.PNG IMG_E5397.JPG

Hi Fendi forum! I am going to purchase my first Fendi bag soon for Christmas. I have had my eye on the Peekaboo for several years now, and I know that I want black regular size with gold hardware. I mostly have been waiting because I love the Peekaboos with bag bug eyes, and I was waiting until there was one with an eye color that I liked. But, earlier this year, I decided that I was tired of waiting, and I love the bag design so much that I want to just get it, even without the eyes. So I was all set to get this one, until I saw this new release with the bag bug eyes, which I LOVE. But after going into the store to check them out, I’m no longer sure it’s worth it to spend the extra $1000 on it, as I realized that it is not necessarily practical to wear it with the front open (esp in NYC), nor am I sure it will drop enough to really show the eyes. So my questions for Peekaboo owners are: do you ever, and would you ever, wear your bag with the front unclasped? Also, does the front slouch down quite easily, or you have to wait for the leather to soften? And, in your opinion, do you think it is worth it to spend the $1000 on the bag with the eyes, which I have wanted for years, or should I get the one without the eyes, which I still adore and would wear all the time, and spend the $1000 on a different present for myself (lol)? Thank you all! :heart:View attachment 4251541View attachment 4251543
I’d definitely choose the one without the “ eyes” as I think it’s more chic, Sophia and timeless. You could get a strap, wrap the handle, or wear it as is. It’s a combination that’s classy and will always be so.

Is the smooth leather different for the Essential bags versus the original Peekaboos? I'm wondering how it'll age in comparison because one of the things that's stopped me from pulling the trigger on a Peekaboo in smooth leather was how beat up and worn the bags always look after a while.

Reactions: Addicted to bags
Is the smooth leather different for the Essential bags versus the original Peekaboos? I'm wondering how it'll age in comparison because one of the things that's stopped me from pulling the trigger on a Peekaboo in smooth leather was how beat up and worn the bags always look after a while.
My Essential bag has smooth black calfskin leather, the same as the regular original Peekaboo. I find it to be very durable and have used it everyday for a little over a month. There is not a single scratch on it. In my opinion, much more durable than the lambskin version. Grant it, I don’t throw it on the floor of my car! My mini Peekaboo also has calfskin leather. Both have feet on the bottom, which is a huge bonus. Hope I have helped a little. This is exactly why I love this forum.

The Essential bag is a smooth calfskin. A lot of the peekaboos (not all) are made of nappa leather which IMO is not as good as the calfskin. When you're at the store just try to avoid the nappa leather. While it is very soft to the touch, I don't think it holds up as well.

The Essential bag is a smooth calfskin. A lot of the peekaboos (not all) are made of nappa leather which IMO is not as good as the calfskin. When you're at the store just try to avoid the nappa leather. While it is very soft to the touch, I don't think it holds up as well.
Thanks for the input! :smile: I'm looking at smaller sizes so I suppose that helps the structure a bit, although the regular Essential is quite stunning. It probably also helps that I don't tend to overfill my bags with heavy things. I'm curious how the X-Lite will fare in this regard. :amuse:

Reactions: Addicted to bags