All Hail the HAC!!

Cannot believe I missed this thread for so long :heart:

Do SAs (especially in France) know what you mean when simply saying „the HAC“ or do I need to work on my French pronunciation?
They will absolutely know what you mean if you say "Hack" or "aitch ayy see" but it's worth saying haut à courroies OR trying the French alphabet :smile: Not a huge issue either way. Good luck!
How much did you guys spend in store and how long did you wait before being offered a HAC 40?

Trying to get one for medical school graduation coming up. But not sure how much longer i want to wait vs buying from secondary market.
In my experience this depends a LOT on country. US and Europe should not be much of a wait if at all...I saw an HAC bought off the shelf in NYC just a couple weeks ago by someone who seemed a brand new client.
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation !

Does anyone know the current price of an HAC 40 in Togo leather in Europe?

I’m going to Paris in a couple of months and I wanted to know, if I don’t happen to get a leather appointment is this bag able to be purchased without a leather appointment and by trying my luck and visiting the boutique seeing as it doesn’t seem to be a “quota bag” ? I am yet to buy from any of the French stores so I’m concerned this could affect my chances.

Thank you!

Hello HACheadz 😝

I thought I’d share a snap of my trusty old Crin HAC 45’s newest friend that I made from an otherwise unused Ulysses GM.

I call it the HACpack and it has made the bag SO much more useful!

It clips on and off the bag’s closed belt loops easily, via a pair of hardware clips I salvaged from a vintage Hermes keyring I found online, that I attached to the Ulysses. So, the Ulysses is now a cross body bag in it’s own right, with a bag strap attached 🙂

But ANY pouch the width of your HAC’s belt loops with a strap loop or buckle at both ends could be used in this way.

Try it, if like me you find your standard HAC a little less useful than you’d like.

Attachments

• IMG_7363.jpeg
    IMG_7363.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7365.jpeg
    IMG_7365.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 41
Dear HAC lovers,
I stumbled upon a photo of this most amazing HAC 50 Endless Road and was wondering if anyone had ever seen this bag in real life and how little are the chances of it ever coming back? (Probably 0 but a girl can dream… )

1712258249491.png

• Love
Reactions: MacawGuy
Dear HAC lovers,
I stumbled upon a photo of this most amazing HAC 50 Endless Road and was wondering if anyone had ever seen this bag in real life and how little are the chances of it ever coming back? (Probably 0 but a girl can dream… )

View attachment 5978066
Yes! I’ve seen it IRL and I love it. Considered buying but my partner voted it as hideous and he’d be carrying it.
Endless Road was a limited edition so I doubt it will come back - but this bag can be found at resale, often at reasonable prices considering the workmanship that goes into something like this :smile:
(IIRC there was also a Constance and maybe a Bolide? A search would tell you…)

• Thanks
Reactions: Jacq1
Dear HAC lovers,

View attachment 5978066
Yes I have seen it in real life, and it is stunning. Definitely a statement/collector's piece.
At the time, it was not on my radar/wishlist, but now you've got me thinking. :giggle::panic:

Reactions: Jacq1
Dear HAC lovers,

View attachment 5978066
there's also the bum bag version if you want to try it first in a small dose:

Dear HAC lovers,

View attachment 5978066
I loved it from the start and have had the opportunity to handle it IRL in an Hermes boutique. It is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I would have liked to buy one had I been able to afford it. Disregarding the value I would want to use it all the time, but I would be fearful of damage - much more so than I am with my HAC 45 in VN.

as allanrvj wrote there are other items in the same series
they have still been on Hermes.com, but not sure just how long ago

there is a grey colourway, but I prefer this

• Insightful
Reactions: Jacq1 and MacawGuy