All Hail the HAC!!

Merry Christmas everyone! Happy to share my HAC32 with square H stamp. This size is perfect for my height of 160cm!

To all HAC owners and HAC enthusiasts, when people mistake the HAC for a Birkin, do you bother correcting them?

When I do, it seems like I feel the need to go on a lengthy history of the haut à courroies.View attachment 5917945

Lovely bag
'No' to correcting, unless it's part of a discussion where it would be appropriate to point out that it is a differently proportioned bag.

Merry Christmas everyone! Happy to share my HAC32 with square H stamp. This size is perfect for my height of 160cm!

To all HAC owners and HAC enthusiasts, when people mistake the HAC for a Birkin, do you bother correcting them?

When I do, it seems like I feel the need to go on a lengthy history of the haut à courroies.View attachment 5917945
Beautiful hac! My hac was mistaken for a birkin by my Hermes SA. I did correct her.

I don't bother to correct people, although I did correct H "spa" when they took it in my HAC32 as a Birkin 35 :smile:

Sharing my 3 hac 32. Ardennes in black and natural and chèvre ebene. I just got the natural one back from the Hermes spa.
Beautiful collection!
Lovely bag
'No' to correcting, unless it's part of a discussion where it would be appropriate to point out that it is a differently proportioned bag.

Beautiful hac! My hac was mistaken for a birkin by my Hermes SA. I did correct her.

I don't bother to correct people, although I did correct H "spa" when they took it in my HAC32 as a Birkin 35 :smile:
Thanks for your responses! I suppose there are instances where it’s proper to correct people and when it’s not worth the bother.

It is important that any item taken in for service or repair is described correctly
I agree with you. I dropped off a vintage kelly yesterday and the woman thought it was togo. I told her it is not togo and it is ardennes. She left the leather description blank and said the repair people will know and that made me nervous. I need the handle to be reinforced. The handle has softened. I dont want the leather replaced with togo which is what Ive heard that they do. Just want them to reinforce it and keep the original leather which is in perfect condition. She also had a hard time describing the parts. The turnlock was loose and she called it a "button." I asked her to please update that word with turnlock because I didnt want the repair person to be confused. She also did not seem to know how to spell basic words in english which I found so odd.

• Wow
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I agree with you. I dropped off a vintage kelly yesterday and the woman thought it was togo. I told her it is not togo and it is ardennes. She left the leather description blank and said the repair people will know and that made me nervous. I need the handle to be reinforced. The handle has softened. I dont want the leather replaced with togo which is what Ive heard that they do. Just want them to reinforce it and keep the original leather which is in perfect condition. She also had a hard time describing the parts. The turnlock was loose and she called it a "button." I asked her to please update that word with turnlock because I didnt want the repair person to be confused. She also did not seem to know how to spell basic words in english which I found so odd.
As you describe it, I would share your concerns.
You should receive an assessment and estimate for the work deemed necessary. That would be a good time to communicate directly with the artisans and allay your fears.

Reactions: cindy05
As you describe it, I would share your concerns.
You should receive an assessment and estimate for the work deemed necessary. That would be a good time to communicate directly with the artisans and allay your fears.
Thank you. I definitely plan to speak to the repair person when I receive my quote. In the past, I received an email with a link to follow the bag’s journey through the spa process. The woman who took on my bag didn’t even do that right and now I have no way to track the status of the repair. I called Hermes and they confirmed that the bag is in the system but that she prob forgot to check off a box and they cannot now send me a link.

I found this amazing HAC 32 in a box calf. I’m a petite women 5 foot tall and tiny wrists so the B35 looks bulky on me. I have a 14 in laptop I have to take to work with me. Will it fit? I know some leather works better than others😭😭😭 does anyone have any experience with this?

I found this amazing HAC 32 in a box calf. I’m a petite women 5 foot tall and tiny wrists so the B35 looks bulky on me. I have a 14 in laptop I have to take to work with me. Will it fit? I know some leather works better than others😭😭😭 does anyone have any experience with this?
I am sure it is amazing and don't be put off by any thoughts of having to be especially careful just because it is box. Just be aware of your fingernails to start with, then you can just use it and enjoy it. I have a BB SaD, so I do know.

You might find that the fit of your laptop is a bit tight, especially if you have a sleeve; the HAC will outlive your personal computer, so think to the future; consider weight - a leather HAC with its metalwear will be quite heavy before you add a laptop, then there will be other day to day essentials.

• Insightful
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I am sure it is amazing and don't be put off by any thoughts of having to be especially careful just because it is box. Just be aware of your fingernails to start with, then you can just use it and enjoy it. I have a BB SaD, so I do know.

You might find that the fit of your laptop is a bit tight, especially if you have a sleeve; the HAC will outlive your personal computer, so think to the future; consider weight - a leather HAC with its metalwear will be quite heavy before you add a laptop, then there will be other day to day essentials.
Thanks for your reply! What is a BB SaD?

How much did you guys spend in store and how long did you wait before being offered a HAC 40?

Trying to get one for medical school graduation coming up. But not sure how much longer i want to wait vs buying from secondary market.