All about the Puff...Puffer bags!

Loewe Puzzle Mini in calfskin or Loulou Puffer Small in lambskin? Or the YSL Mini Lou camera bag?
I love the small puffer! It is an easy bag to wear and switch from shoulder to crossbody and fits a lot. I would try to avoid the rain though even with Carbon Pro--side note I don't like the Carbon Pro on the back leather because I felt a slight change in the feel of the bag after I did that but did not feel or see any difference when I sprayed my other puffers.

The puzzle in the mini size is pretty small and the opening is tight so I feel like it's a little fussy to use. I would recommend the small puzzle instead. I would probably try to avoid the rain with this bag too but if you did it I would probably say avoid the satin calfskin if you don't like wrinkling.

I am not a huge fan of the mini lou camera bag--too small for me and I would want a removable tassel. But, it seems like it would be more hard wearing than the other bags when it comes to rain if it was in the grained leather not the smooth leather.

I love the small puffer! It is an easy bag to wear and switch from shoulder to crossbody and fits a lot. I would try to avoid the rain though even with Carbon Pro--side note I don't like the Carbon Pro on the back leather because I felt a slight change in the feel of the bag after I did that but did not feel or see any difference when I sprayed my other puffers.

The puzzle in the mini size is pretty small and the opening is tight so I feel like it's a little fussy to use. I would recommend the small puzzle instead. I would probably try to avoid the rain with this bag too but if you did it I would probably say avoid the satin calfskin if you don't like wrinkling.

I am not a huge fan of the mini lou camera bag--too small for me and I would want a removable tassel. But, it seems like it would be more hard wearing than the other bags when it comes to rain if it was in the grained leather not the smooth leather.
I have been telling myself that I don't need another bag, but I couldn't resist lol. I eventually went for the YSL Toy Loulou with the adjustable shoulder strap and GHW. Here are the rationales:

YSL Loulou Puffer in the small size: I love the lambskin! So soft and buttery! However, after ruining the $800 YSL espadrilles in lambskin, I have to be honest with myself... I am not someone who takes very good care of my stuff. The Loulou Puffer probably looks good in the first few weeks, then it'll go downhill. Plus, we get rain here very often. Yesterday, it was pouring rain and I wore my Moncler nylon backpack. I believe things are meant to be used. I don't baby my stuff. Also, the bag may be too big on my frame. I am petite, 5 foot lol.

Loewe Puzzle in Mini: I really wanted this bag. I would have bought it if it had an adjustable shoulder strap.

YSL Mini Lou bag: I agree with you, it's too small. I thought about it and don't think it'll fit all my daily essentials.

I have been telling myself that I don't need another bag, but I couldn't resist lol. I eventually went for the YSL Toy Loulou with the adjustable shoulder strap and GHW. Here are the rationales:

YSL Loulou Puffer in the small size: I love the lambskin! So soft and buttery! However, after ruining the $800 YSL espadrilles in lambskin, I have to be honest with myself... I am not someone who takes very good care of my stuff. The Loulou Puffer probably looks good in the first few weeks, then it'll go downhill. Plus, we get rain here very often. Yesterday, it was pouring rain and I wore my Moncler nylon backpack. I believe things are meant to be used. I don't baby my stuff. Also, the bag may be too big on my frame. I am petite, 5 foot lol.

Loewe Puzzle in Mini: I really wanted this bag. I would have bought it if it had an adjustable shoulder strap.

YSL Mini Lou bag: I agree with you, it's too small. I thought about it and don't think it'll fit all my daily essentials.
I am about your height and don't think you would have an issue with the drop on either the small puffer on the mini puzzle

My puffers have stayed puffy but I don't know if they would in the rain. I really love the small puffer though and find it super useful and convenient. I recently looked at the Coach pillow madison which has a similar puffy vibe and adjustable shoulder/crossbody function but the pillow madison is too heavy and doesn't have enough space--it just reminded of what a great bag the puffer is.

Are you out in HI? I think there are some people in the YSL thread from HI and they might reply about what they think about the puffer in the rain.

I am about your height and don't think you would have an issue with the drop on either the small puffer on the mini puzzle

My puffers have stayed puffy but I don't know if they would in the rain. I really love the small puffer though and find it super useful and convenient. I recently looked at the Coach pillow madison which has a similar puffy vibe and adjustable shoulder/crossbody function but the pillow madison is too heavy and doesn't have enough space--it just reminded of what a great bag the puffer is.

Are you out in HI? I think there are some people in the YSL thread from HI and they might reply about what they think about the puffer in the rain.

I am not from the US :smile:. I have been to Hawaii, loved it! Now that you said the Loewe Puzzle Mini should work with my height I am thinking if I should go for the Loewe Puzzle Mini instead. Is the opening of the YSL Toy Loulou bigger compared to the Loewe Puzzle Mini? I still like the YSL Puffer in small. Maybe I’ll buy that later :smile:.

I am so conflicted! I love the softness of the puffer, but knowing I live in a city that rains a lot… I completely ruined my YSL lambskin espadrilles in the rain. An $800 lesson, too expensive!

Loewe Puzzle Mini in calfskin or Loulou Puffer Small in lambskin? Or the YSL Mini Lou camera bag?

Oh no! That sucks about the espadrilles. Yes, lesson learned.

You said it rains alot where you live so maybe a puffer isnt ideal.

Maybe go for the mini Lou camera. Or check out the regular sized camera. I thought the mini was too small. I have 2 Lou cameras and 1 in suede. Again, Im very careful when I use the suede camera even thought I sprayed it but I use the other 2 cameras when it rains and they seem to be holding up fine.

Last edited:
I am not from the US :smile:. I have been to Hawaii, loved it! Now that you said the Loewe Puzzle Mini should work with my height I am thinking if I should go for the Loewe Puzzle Mini instead. Is the opening of the YSL Toy Loulou bigger compared to the Loewe Puzzle Mini? I still like the YSL Puffer in small. Maybe I’ll buy that later :smile:.
I think a lot of people feel that the Loewe mini puzzle has too short of a strap to wear crossbody but if you are 5 ft then I think it will likely hit at a comfortable length when worn crossbody. Not sure if the mini puzzle has come in different strap lengths over the years but I am basing this off of my Howl's Moving Castle mini puzzle.

Are you asking about the toy loulou or the mini lou camera bag? I think you are asking about the toy loulou now. I don't have the mini lou camera bag so I can't comment on that bag much but the toy loulou is a flap bag that you can open to reveal all of the space inside. The mini puzzle is a little annoying that you have to kind of pry open the the Loewe mini puzzle and for bigger items you have to angle them in. That said, the mini puzzle bag fits more than the toy loulou so I think the mini puzzle is a bit more practical.

The YSL is one of my favorite bag styles. It is just so easy to use, light and fits a ton!

I think a lot of people feel that the Loewe mini puzzle has too short of a strap to wear crossbody but if you are 5 ft then I think it will likely hit at a comfortable length when worn crossbody. Not sure if the mini puzzle has come in different strap lengths over the years but I am basing this off of my Howl's Moving Castle mini puzzle.

Are you asking about the toy loulou or the mini lou camera bag? I think you are asking about the toy loulou now. I don't have the mini lou camera bag so I can't comment on that bag much but the toy loulou is a flap bag that you can open to reveal all of the space inside. The mini puzzle is a little annoying that you have to kind of pry open the the Loewe mini puzzle and for bigger items you have to angle them in. That said, the mini puzzle bag fits more than the toy loulou so I think the mini puzzle is a bit more practical.

The YSL is one of my favorite bag styles. It is just so easy to use, light and fits a ton!
Yes, I was asking about the Toy Loulou. Sorry that I wasn’t being clear lol. I didn’t expect the Loewe Puzzle mini fits more than Toy Loulou. I have already ordered the Toy Loulou, so let’s see how that goes. The Puffer bag in small is still on my mind though :biggrin:!

Oh no! That sucks about the espadrilles. Yes, lesson learned.

You said it rains alot where you live so maybe a puffer isnt ideal.

Maybe go for the mini Lou camera. Or check out the regular sized camera. I thought the mini was too small. I have 2 Lou cameras and 1 in suede. Again, Im very careful when I use the suede camera even thought I sprayed it but I use the other 2 cameras when it rains and they seem to be holding up fine.
I know the Puffer is probably not practical given the weather we have, but the Puffer’s leather is so buttery soft :heart:! I wonder if the small Puffer would look too big on me? I am 5 foot tall. The mini Lou camera bag is too mini for me. I bought the YSL Toy Loulou, waiting for it to arrive.

I know the Puffer is probably not practical given the weather we have, but the Puffer’s leather is so buttery soft :heart:! I wonder if the small Puffer would look too big on me? I am 5 foot tall. The mini Lou camera bag is too mini for me. I bought the YSL Toy Loulou, waiting for it to arrive.
I’m 5’3” and the small puffer doesn’t look big on me at all. I think the medium would, but the small is such a perfect size.

Reactions: PineappleMinnie
I don't think the small would look too big on you at all. Black is the softest. My white one is not as soft.

I agree the black puffer is so buttery soft. I also own the small white and toy puffers and they arent nearly as soft as the black. I dont think the small would look too big on you at all. But you could always go for a toy puffer if your worried. Its quite a bit smaller.

Excited for your toy loulou to arrive!

• Love
I managed to snag the medium puffer for 50% off at Neiman Marcus during their private sale a couple of weeks ago. However, when I got it delivered, it had some creases and also a lot in the inside of the bag. I realize it’s lambkin, but what do you guys think? Are these creases normal?

Attachments

• IMG_9600.jpeg
    IMG_9600.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9599.jpeg
    IMG_9599.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 35
I managed to snag the medium puffer for 50% off at Neiman Marcus during their private sale a couple of weeks ago. However, when I got it delivered, it had some creases and also a lot in the inside of the bag. I realize it’s lambkin, but what do you guys think? Are these creases normal?
I would say not normal for a new bag. It looks like it was crumpled and squished creating those creases. My 2 puffers don’t have any creases and they’re several years old. My guess is it was a display piece. Maybe see if they’ll exchange it.

I have two toy puffers and neither have creases like that. I would probably try to exchange it. Also the white lambskin is very delicate. I love mine but can't use it everyday.