Alexander Wang Alexander Wang bag CARE and MAINTENANCE

^^
Usually when my black AW bags get worn the area looks a little faded. Is that what you are experiencing?

I have sent several bags to LMB for services but have never used their products...so I can't comment about the 'For Handles Only'. I have used Apple Conditioner and Blackrock Leather 'N' Rich conditioner on my black Roccos and have never had a problem. I also condition the handles. I have always felt that dry handles are more prone to absorbing sweat, lotions, etc. :shrugs:

Apple Conditioner: I normally squeeze a small amount on a clean rag and work it into the leather. It is IMPORTANT to buff the bag very well afterwards...especially pebbled leather. The product works itself into the pebbles and will turn white if too much is left behind. I lost a RM bag to this...lesson learned. Some have mentioned that this product feels greasy but I never noticed it.

Blackrock Leather 'N' Rich conditioner: I put a very small amount on my fingers and work it into the leather. Don't apply too heavy...you can always do it again if it needs it. I normally condition one side of the bag and then buff it really well with a clean rag...then repeat with the other side. This normally leaves the bag feeling a little sticky/tacky for just a bit but it will go away.

Don't be surprised if you see a little color coming off when you buff. A little bit is okay.
Make sure that you purchase conditioner and not cleaner.

I use Collonil WaterStop to prevent rain stain but don't normally treat my black bags. I would apply this after the conditioner has had a chance to dry.

I know that this sounds like a lot but it's worth it. It's really a one time expense since these conditioners and sprays go a long way.

Search the other forums and see what people recommend for lamb. I wouldn't recommend Leather Honey...but that's just my opinion.

*Don't put Fiebing's Edgekote on the handles. Edgekote is a heavy sealant. A lot of people used it to treat the older Roccos that don't have the improved piping.

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER! Thank you SO MUCH for responding and going into detail. And yes they do look a little faded. At least just on the under side of the handle.

Do you use one conditioner more than the other? Just wondering which one I should get lol. Or are they pretty much both the same? And I'll definitely do some research on the rain stain.

Again, thank you so much :heart:.

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER! Thank you SO MUCH for responding and going into detail. And yes they do look a little faded. At least just on the under side of the handle.
Do you use one conditioner more than the other? Just wondering which one I should get lol. Or are they pretty much both the same? And I'll definitely do some research on the rain stain.
Again, thank you so much :heart:.

You are not going to go wrong either way...but if you are new to conditioning then I would probably go with the BlackRock. Like I stated earlier...apply it sparingly using your fingers. You can always apply more later if needed. I rarely treat my AW bags but when I do I often just spot treat the areas that need it. I don't normally treat black bags for rain.

You are not going to go wrong either way...but if you are new to conditioning then I would probably go with the BlackRock. Like I stated earlier...apply it sparingly using your fingers. You can always apply more later if needed. I rarely treat my AW bags but when I do I often just spot treat the areas that need it. I don't normally treat black bags for rain.

I hope I'm allowed to ask, but is there a go-to place you buy BlackRock? Amazon has it being sold in a 2pack and I feel like that's kind of excessive lol and I'm weary about getting it from ebay even though I've read others get it from there.

And can I ask why you don't normally treat black bags for rain?

Hi guys,

My rocco's rose gold hardware has tarnished and it's looking really bad right now :sad: Do you have any tips on what to do to clean it up or polish it? Or is it a hopeless case?

I have noticed that this only happened to rose gold. My silver and antiqued brass still look great.

Thank you guys xx

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 525
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 522
Hi guys,

My rocco's rose gold hardware has tarnished and it's looking really bad right now :sad: Do you have any tips on what to do to clean it up or polish it? Or is it a hopeless case?

I have noticed that this only happened to rose gold. My silver and antiqued brass still look great.

Thank you guys xx

Would love to know a tip to cleaning that.....have same problem.

Reactions: pianolize
image.png image.png Hi ladies, I just purchased a preloved Rockie in suede. It looks so good! I'm just afraid because it's on the lighter side. Should I worry about color transfer? Is there something you recommend to treat the bag before use? What about water proofing the bag. Any tips are welcome. Thank you in advance!

Ladies just bought a white Alexander wang Rockies, I am noticing a little color transfer from my winter coat.. which I expected. Can you all please reply with the type of leather cleaner you use and a review on it.. looking for the best ones to try

Ladies just bought a white Alexander wang Rockies, I am noticing a little color transfer from my winter coat.. which I expected. Can you all please reply with the type of leather cleaner you use and a review on it.. looking for the best ones to try
Hello there--

I purchased a Soft Leather Rocco in PEROXIDE with Pale Gold, GORGEOUS but still on the fence on this one, not sure how I'm going to keep it clean-- how's yours holding up? Did anyone respond to your question?
i just bought the peroxide with rose gold and I'm only a month in an am noticeing color transfer from my wonder jacket and on the handles.. currently looking for the best leather cleaner to use on AW PURSES

Update! I ended up just buying a leather care set from Danier (a leather store in Canada), with cleaning wipes, leather conditioner/rejuvenator, weather/water protectant and a microfiber cloth.
I didn't really like the smell and feel of the cleaning wipes, it seemed really oily and it left white fibers all over my black pebbled Rocco. However after two coats of the conditioner the pebbled leather looked more supple and moisturized! I let my bag absorb the conditioner for about an hour, then sprayed a generous amount of the weather protectant and let my bag air out in the garage for another hour.

My rocco is now darker in colour (it seemed dehydrated and was more charcoal in colour before) and the leather is soft and buttery! Overall I am very happy with the results and will post another update when I carry my rocco on a rainy/snowy day! :biggrin:
What do you think about the cleaner?

For an update guys. I have applied Apple conditioner and then Apple garde rain & stain repellent on my Lilac rocco. It work great. here some pic after I done the job. it does not change the color nor damage the rose gold hardware at all. Very happy with the result. Thank you purse forum for good review and information.
ps. I also tried to run the tap water on my bag and the water just run off my rocco complete, no stain nothing at all. :biggrin:

Hi there,
I recently bought a mini rockie in peroxide with pale yellow gold hardware and found your post while searching for ways to protect the bag and prevent color transfer.

I was wondering after applying the Apple conditioner and garden spray did it end up protecting your bag from color transfer all these years later? I wear a lot of dark clothing so I want to make sure I do what I can to prevent color transfer.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,
I purchased a used rocco for a great orice. The actual bag is in great condition but it's missing one of the rose gold d rings that the cross body strap hooks on. Anyone know how I can go about replacing that?

It also doesn't have the original cross body strap. Do you know of any good retailers to buy a replacement bag strap? Anyone have a non original strap on their rocco?