Alexander Wang Alexander Wang bag CARE and MAINTENANCE

I'm hoping one of you will have encountered this issue before and have a solution for me!!

I just received this mini rockie in Fluoro Coral and didn't realise it would have a matte texture until it arrived. I put off wearing it at the weekend when I knew I'd be wearing denim because I wanted to treat it first but I couldn't resist today and took it to work. I'm wearing cotton and no dark colours and it was carried for a maximum of 10 minutes but I've just noticed these marks. Minimal but not when you consider the period of use.

What can I use to protect this kind of leather without ruining it?? U love the bag and don't want to send it back but it's going to get wrecked without some help.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_3841.JPG
    IMG_3841.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 296
hi AW friends! I have had my black rocco with brass hw for about two years now. I baby it and always keep it in its dustbag when not in use, but have recently noticed that the leather appears to be chipping slightly along the edge. anyone had this problem/know how to fix it? any help would be much appreciated! IMG_4893.jpg

Hi All!

I have had my beloved matte black iridescent Rocco for many years...5 or so I think. Of all the bags I’ve owned this is my favorite by far and even after all these years I still use it in the rotation quite regularly. My love for this bag is beginning to show and I’m wondering if there is anything that can be done to save it.

I’ve never had to have a bag repaired before and considering how long and regularly I use this bag I’m quite happy with how it’s held up. Look at how good the studs have worn...a few scratches but overall the color has held.

A time hole has formed and I’m wondering if that’s the kind of thing that can be patched? Anyone have any experience with this?

I just love this bag so much and I want to be able to use it for many more years. IMG_1876.jpgIMG_1877.jpg

Studs still looking sooo good!
IMG_1878.jpg

Hi guys,

My rocco's rose gold hardware has tarnished and it's looking really bad right now :sad: Do you have any tips on what to do to clean it up or polish it? Or is it a hopeless case?

I have noticed that this only happened to rose gold. My silver and antiqued brass still look great.

Thank you guys xx
I've had my RG Rocco since 2013, but it has pretty much remained unused except for a few outings. However, I will be traveling and was thinking of using my Rocco overseas so I took it out and noticed the bottom studs had scratches where the rose gold had worn off. I am unsure if AW does refurbishment (I wish they did because if I recall correctly, the studs are patented), but I belive the metal is plated with rose gold.

Like any plated jewelry, the plating will wear off with mechanical wear due to it being such a thin layer. I imagine any jeweler would be able to re-plate the hardware inexpensively, but I am unsure if it can be done without deconstructing the bag. It wouldn't hurt to ask, though!

Reactions: lilapot
It is near the piping so I would think that it could be patched to at least look a bit better. Some options:
*Send a pic to LMB to see if Gary can take a look and give you an estimate.
*Find someone in your area that repairs leather/upholstery to see what they recommend.
*Search the forums. There are so many members that restore bags. I'm sure that there are posts/threads regarding this type of repair.

The matte rubberized leather on the iridescent bags doesn't seem to wear well. It's a shame they didn't use the standard leather.

Just curious, are you able to moisturize this type of leather?

hi AW friends! I have had my black rocco with brass hw for about two years now. I baby it and always keep it in its dustbag when not in use, but have recently noticed that the leather appears to be chipping slightly along the edge. anyone had this problem/know how to fix it? any help would be much appreciated! View attachment 3941135

This is frequently seen on the Roccos and is most likely from rubbing. I would treat the area with either Fiebing's Edge Kote or Zelikovitz Top Coat. The Fiebing's is a black sealant...exactly like you see on the piping right next to the damaged area. The Zelikovitz is clear top coat. I apply it to the edges of my Balenciaga bags (new and pre-owned) and have never had an issue (it will darken the damaged area a bit...which is what you want). Either one of these should work...apply lightly to the damaged area with a small flat art/paint brush. Don't go crazy...you can always add more later.

You can search the forums for these products...there should be plenty of threads.

I always suggest keeping Roccos conditioned (black handles too) because I really believe that it helps to prevent some of the wear. I usually condition and then let it sit for a bit and then apply the Zelikovitz.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiebings-W...var=540912028696&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acrylic-Le...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Reactions: pianolize
I've had my RG Rocco since 2013, but it has pretty much remained unused except for a few outings. However, I will be traveling and was thinking of using my Rocco overseas so I took it out and noticed the bottom studs had scratches where the rose gold had worn off. I am unsure if AW does refurbishment (I wish they did because if I recall correctly, the studs are patented), but I belive the metal is plated with rose gold.

Like any plated jewelry, the plating will wear off with mechanical wear due to it being such a thin layer. I imagine any jeweler would be able to re-plate the hardware inexpensively, but I am unsure if it can be done without deconstructing the bag. It wouldn't hurt to ask, though!

Thank you xx

This is frequently seen on the Roccos and is most likely from rubbing. I would treat the area with either Fiebing's Edge Kote or Zelikovitz Top Coat. The Fiebing's is a black sealant...exactly like you see on the piping right next to the damaged area. The Zelikovitz is clear top coat. I apply it to the edges of my Balenciaga bags (new and pre-owned) and have never had an issue (it will darken the damaged area a bit...which is what you want). Either one of these should work...apply lightly to the damaged area with a small flat art/paint brush. Don't go crazy...you can always add more later.

You can search the forums for these products...there should be plenty of threads.

I always suggest keeping Roccos conditioned (black handles too) because I really believe that it helps to prevent some of the wear. I usually condition and then let it sit for a bit and then apply the Zelikovitz.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiebings-W...var=540912028696&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acrylic-Le...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Thank you so so much for the help!!

Hey, y’all! So, I just got a Rocco in the really light beige and not two days of having it I left it on a chair at a party and it had two huge water stains. I used apple care leather cleaner and it honestly made the stain darker. I’m honestly about to get it professionally cleaned, but what do you guys use for water stains on your Rocco’s or just Lambskin bags in general?

Pictures of the leather and wear would be helpful.

I’ve dyed a few bags and have used all kinds of conditioners and protectors on various leathers...what you might want to do is really dependant on the type and color of the leather. My gut instinct if it’s Wang’s classic dumbo leather is that it wouldn’t dye well but maybe some cleaning and conditioner might help.

IMG_5493.JPG
Pictures of the leather and wear would be helpful.

I’ve dyed a few bags and have used all kinds of conditioners and protectors on various leathers...what you might want to do is really dependant on the type and color of the leather. My gut instinct if it’s Wang’s classic dumbo leather is that it wouldn’t dye well but maybe some cleaning and conditioner might help.
Hi I have this problem also, got a big stained on my rockie today; don't know what to do and since im in a small town I'm afraid the repair shop will ruined it more

View attachment 4171869
Hi I have this problem also, got a big stained on my rockie today; don't know what to do and since im in a small town I'm afraid the repair shop will ruined it more
Some repair places can be shipped to. They clean and make it almost good as new. Googling will help you find some in your country. Also google ways to clean - only try the gentle methods and on the inside leather tab first, as your bag is light.

Some repair places can be shipped to. They clean and make it almost good as new. Googling will help you find some in your country. Also google ways to clean - only try the gentle methods and on the inside leather tab first, as your bag is light.

Yeah I googled, I tried but it didn't came off. As for the repair places, I wanted some reviews from you guys, I red horror story I don't want my bag to be ruined.. the compagnie i wrote charges me 200$ plus shipping back and forth, I paid the bag 500$ so I'm not sure if it's worth it.. I'll try to see my local repair shop if they can do something. Thanks for the info and if you have any specific place in mind please let me know :smile: