Alexander Mcqueen Scarf Thread

I know a lot of us on this site are Alexander McQueen skull scarf fans, but there are SO many fakes on eBay and elsewhere. I've attached a few pictures so hopefully everyone who wants one won't be duped by a fake.

I personally purchased the black scarf from Neiman Marcus, so it's definitely real. The white one I purchased from eBay, and as it turns out, it's counterfeit. I was able to return it and get my money back (although the vindictive seller wrongly gave me neg FB after I negged her, tainting my 100% pos FB). Before I sent the item back, I took pictures of it so we can all see the differences between real and fake scarves.

Here is the logo on the REAL scarf, purchased from Neiman Marcus. Look closely at how all the letters are neatly and evenly stamped onto the fabric:

McQueenBlackLogo.jpg

Now, look at the logo on the FAKE scarf. The lettering isn't evenly stamped on the scarf:

McQueenWhiteLogo.jpg

OK, look at the tag on the REAL scarf. Pay close attention to the "X" in Alexander.

McQueenBlackTag.jpg

And the tag on the FAKE scarf, see how the "X" is totally different:

McQueenWhiteTag.jpg

OK, done! I hope this helps everyone who is in the market for one of these scarves!

oof. i love these scarves! mcqueen is awesome and badass. the black with pink skulls will go lovely with my new balenciaga.

ps - i googled alexander mcqueen scarf and found a link to this thread. i love tpf. it's got everything you need to know! :yahoo:

hey, i am desperate in buying the AMQ skull scarves but ebay seems not trusty enough..and i cant find any of online stores...can u help me with this??? and do u know how much is the scarves? thanks

hey, i am desperate in buying the AMQ skull scarves but ebay seems not trusty enough..and i cant find any of online stores...can u help me with this??? and do u know how much is the scarves? thanks

net-a-porter.com carry authentic McQueen scarf and barney's do too. the usual silk ones are around 230ish.

I ordered the black with silver white skulls and the cream with pink skulls from them. At least you will have no concerns about authenticity. I use mine alot.