Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Love the color and the band !

Actually I have a confession to make about the band, Tomsmom. :whistle:

The bag (as I found it) was on the clearance rack, savagely discounted due to damage. :smash:

Originally a tote designed with drawstring closures on both sides, evidently someone had pulled a little too hard on one side and irreparably damaged the drawstring. :bagslap:

Once I got home, I reimagined the bag without both drawstring
closures and performed the necessary surgery. :rolleyes:

Which (to be honest) would not have been something I would not have done if the bag had been undamaged. :rolleyes:

Because (as I’m not a fan of dual drawstrings) I wouldn’t have bought the bag at any price as it been originally designed. :tdown:

Mainly because (though I love many of Valentina Fiore’s designs) in this case I infinitely prefer my “Franken-Fiore” to her original creation. :roflmfao:

The bag (as I found it) was on the clearance rack, savagely discounted due to damage. :smash:

Originally a tote designed with drawstring closures on both sides, evidently someone had pulled a little too hard on one side and irreparably damaged the drawstring. :bagslap:

Which (to be honest) would not have been something I would not have done if the bag had been undamaged. :rolleyes:

Because (as I’m not a fan of dual drawstrings) I wouldn’t have bought the bag at any price as it been originally designed. :tdown:

Mainly because (though I love many of Valentina Fiore’s designs) in this case I infinitely prefer my “Franken-Fiore” to her original creation. :roflmfao:
You did a great job!

Good job, Fim.:tup::tup:
Your bag is unique now.:clap::clap::clap:

Happy Friday, fellow Islanders! :beach:

Evidently I too am not immune to being bitten by what now appears to be our Island’s recent “bag bug.” :whistle:

Yesterday’s wholly unexpected Valentina Fiore find. :search:

View attachment 5408265
Nice!
Thank you, Ludmilla.
I really had a nice time, like a little girl in a candy store.
The LV bag you mention in your post is the Girolata….
As for the money I am ready to spend on a bag these days, I totally agree with you. :hbeat:

It’s small, Fim, but I will carry it as a crossbody while carrying a tote on the opposite shoulder…:yes:
Great plan!
And yes Girolata is the bag I meant. :smile:

Love that bag. Do you happen to have a pic of the bag how it „should“ look like?
(You are so resourceful. I would never have guessed that the bag should look differently.)

Nice!

Great plan!
And yes Girolata is the bag I meant. :smile:

Love that bag. Do you happen to have a pic of the bag how it „should“ look like?
(You are so resourceful. I would never have guessed that the bag should look differently.)

Your wish is my command, Ludmilla! :ty:

Here’s the bag as it was intended to be worn... :whistle:

4B4D21A3-C33B-481E-B227-725A85C18E1B.jpeg

But as innovative as it’s original design might be considered, the fact that (when cinched) the dual drawstrings stick out like some strange alien antenna would have been a deal breaker for me. :wtf:

Last edited: