Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Happy Friday, fellow Islanders! :wave:

As always around this time of year, I struggle with my annual White bag conundrum. :cray:

Should it be a summer fling or should I opt for a more committed relationship? :thinking:

Given that the bulk of my summer activities are outdoors grouped around a picnic table, common sense would suggest a brief romance. :winkiss:

Yet…then there’s that one white bag that just might be in it for the long haul. :smooch:

But commitment doesn’t come cheap and the hazards inherent in clambakes, ice cream cones, and barbecues cannot be ignored. :panic:

So which will it be, fellow Islanders? A brief encounter, or the potential of a lasting relationship? :rolleyes:

I guess we’ll all have to wait until next week to find out. :whistle:

Happy Friday, fellow Islanders! :wave:

As always around this time of year, I struggle with my annual White bag conundrum. :cray:

Should it be a summer fling or should I opt for a more committed relationship? :thinking:

Given that the bulk of my summer activities are outdoors grouped around a picnic table, common sense would suggest a brief romance. :winkiss:

Yet…then there’s that one white bag that just might be in it for the long haul. :smooch:

But commitment doesn’t come cheap and the hazards inherent in clambakes, ice cream cones, and barbecues cannot be ignored. :panic:

So which will it be, fellow Islanders? A brief encounter, or the potential of a lasting relationship? :rolleyes:

I guess we’ll all have to wait until next week to find out. :whistle:
Something is telling me you have already made your decision, Fim.;)
I am not sure it will be a brief encounter….I bet on love at first sight and a lasting relationship….:hbeat:

Something is telling me you have already made your decision, Fim.;)
I am not sure it will be a brief encounter….I bet on love at first sight and a lasting relationship….:hbeat:
You aren’t far from wrong, Mariapia. :blush:

But the problem now is that during my search for a white bag, I came across a wholly different bag in a different color that has my faithless heart fluttering. :facepalm:
Now what am I going to do? :sos:

Reactions: cecchetti
Happy Saturday, fellow Islanders! :wave:

Insanity is famously quoted as “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” while Sanity foresees doing the same thing over and over again with predictable results. :idea:

Then there’s Pursanity. Doing the same thing over and over again with varying results. :rolleyes:

Less aspirational and more wishful thinking, I always like to think that my next bag will be my last. :angel:

But then I see a bag that I just might love even more…. :loveeyes:
And buy that one as well. :facepalm:

Pursanity at its finest. :upsidedown:

Though it’s late in the day, happy Sunday fellow Islanders! :wave:

Most of today was spent at a family gathering where we each brought a dish to pass, swapping stories as we ate.

Hands down, “bacon ankles” won top honors. :giggle:

A primer on “how to become besties” with a psychotic chihuahua, my younger brother (whenever visiting one of our sisters in Arizona) brings a small zip lock bag of fried bacon with him. :idea:

Then, on their way from the airport to our sister’s house, he takes a tiny piece of the cooked bacon and liberally rubs it on both his ankles. :sneaky:

Upon their arrival, our sister’s psychotic chihuahua launches into her usual frenzy of high pitched barking… :hysteric:

Until she smells the bacon. Suddenly transformed into the most adorable squeak toy imaginable, she waits for the ziplock bag to come out of my brother’s pocket and patiently sits at his feet anticipating her treat. :cutesy:

And (as my brother tells it) peace reigns supreme…

Even after he takes a shower! :roflmfao:

Though it’s late in the day, happy Sunday fellow Islanders! :wave:

Most of today was spent at a family gathering where we each brought a dish to pass, swapping stories as we ate.

Hands down, “bacon ankles” won top honors. :giggle:

A primer on “how to become besties” with a psychotic chihuahua, my younger brother (whenever visiting one of our sisters in Arizona) brings a small zip lock bag of fried bacon with him. :idea:

Then, on their way from the airport to our sister’s house, he takes a tiny piece of the cooked bacon and liberally rubs it on both his ankles. :sneaky:

Upon their arrival, our sister’s psychotic chihuahua launches into her usual frenzy of high pitched barking… :hysteric:

Until she smells the bacon. Suddenly transformed into the most adorable squeak toy imaginable, she waits for the ziplock bag to come out of my brother’s pocket and patiently sits at his feet anticipating her treat. :cutesy:

And (as my brother tells it) peace reigns supreme…

Even after he takes a shower! :roflmfao:
I didn’t know( or remember:rolleyes:) you have a brother, Fim.
Definitely looks like a nice guy.
I love him!:hbeat:

Reactions: Fimpagebag
I didn’t know( or remember:rolleyes:) you have a brother, Fim.
Definitely looks like a nice guy.
I love him!:hbeat:

You’re not the only one who has a hard time keeping track of my many siblings, Mariapia. :giggle:

Two sisters live in Arizona while my other two sisters and younger brother live (as I do) in Western New York. :yes:

Of the latter three, my younger brother and I have the most in common. Both of us share the same perverse sense of humor when it comes to not suffering fools gladly. :rolleyes:

For example: long before there were home security cameras, someone in my brother’s neighborhood was stealing packages left on his various neighbors’ doorsteps. :pout:

So my brother decided to reward the thief for his efforts. Baiting the trap with a neatly wrapped package on his porch steps, my younger brother knew it would prove to be too great a temptation to be ignored. :sneaky:

And he was right. However, as the purloined package had been filled to the brim with maggot ridden roadkill…. :throwup:

Happy Tuesday, fellow Islanders! :wave:

The Patricia Nash Claretta bag first caught my eye during a feature presentation on HSN. (the Home Shopping Network). :sneaky:

A lovely little bag I suspected many would buy…. :speedy:

Then realize they’d misjudged the size and subsequently return. :crybaby:

So like any good bag ghoul, I bided my time until it appeared on the secondary market.

“New with tags” along with its dust bag at less than half its original price…

My sage green Patricia Nash Claretta. :hbeat:

IMG_6989.jpeg

Less work horse and more “miniature pony” the bag has two exterior deep slip pockets (one under the flap and one in back) along with room enough inside for my absolute essentials. :tup:

All in all, a great addition to my collection I’ll be proud to carry. :cutesy:

Attachments

• IMG_6987.jpeg
    IMG_6987.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 2
Happy Tuesday, fellow Islanders! :wave:

The Patricia Nash Claretta bag first caught my eye during a feature presentation on HSN. (the Home Shopping Network). :sneaky:

A lovely little bag I suspected many would buy…. :speedy:

Then realize they’d misjudged the size and subsequently return. :crybaby:

So like any good bag ghoul, I bided my time until it appeared on the secondary market.

“New with tags” along with its dust bag at less than half its original price…

My sage green Patricia Nash Claretta. :hbeat:

View attachment 5972983

Less work horse and more “miniature pony” the bag has two exterior deep slip pockets (one under the flap and one in back) along with room enough inside for my absolute essentials. :tup:

All in all, a great addition to my collection I’ll be proud to carry. :cutesy:
I really love that green!

Reactions: Fimpagebag