Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Happy Tuesday, fellow Islanders! :wave:

After extensive negotiations with my inner bag demons, we’ve come to terms we can all agree to. :party:

1. “Purse peace” for us is a non starter. There will always be that “next bag” lurking unbeknownst to us just around the corner. :sneaky:

2. Stay within our comfort zone. Price is only an object if it’s not within our budget. :angel: (no surprise how much my demons hate this emoji.)

3. “Buy what we wear” and “Wear what we buy.” A bag only comes to life when it’s taken out of its dustbag (no matter how infrequently.) :speedy:

4. “Pain is not gain.” :biguns: A bag too heavy to carry comfortably is just that. (score this proviso for my wonky shoulder.) :tup:

5. Never say “no” to multiples of the same bag. As more than adequately illustrated in my previous post, when we truly love a bag we’ll love it all the more in different colors. :rolleyes:

Reactions: myeyeonpi
Happy Tuesday, fellow Islanders! :wave:

After extensive negotiations with my inner bag demons, we’ve come to terms we can all agree to. :party:

1. “Purse peace” for us is a non starter. There will always be that “next bag” lurking unbeknownst to us just around the corner. :sneaky:

2. Stay within our comfort zone. Price is only an object if it’s not within our budget. :angel: (no surprise how much my demons hate this emoji.)

3. “Buy what we wear” and “Wear what we buy.” A bag only comes to life when it’s taken out of its dustbag (no matter how infrequently.) :speedy:

4. “Pain is not gain.” :biguns: A bag too heavy to carry comfortably is just that. (score this proviso for my wonky shoulder.) :tup:

5. Never say “no” to multiples of the same bag. As more than adequately illustrated in my previous post, when we truly love a bag we’ll love it all the more in different colors. :rolleyes:
:goodpost:

Happy Wednesday, fellow Islanders! :beach:

As a young impressionable Fim, while other girls had Barbies, I had a Tina Cassini doll. :girlshocked:

Allegedly an homage to the daughter of renowned fashion designer Oleg Cassini, it was a marketing flop from the start. Besides being cheaply made, it had the most unsettling sidelong expression imaginable. :sneaky:

Basically “the bride of Chucky” before there was even a Chucky, it was the kind of doll that would’ve had most normal little girls afraid to go to bed unless the lights stayed on all night. :panic:

IMG_6850.jpeg

Big surprise…I was not one of those little girls. Despite the doll’s gruesome expression, it was her accompanying catalogue that had me enthralled. :girlsigh:

IMG_6855.jpeg

IMG_6856.jpeg

IMG_6857.jpeg

So there you have it, fellow Islanders. My lifelong love of bags and fashion all began with some ugly a$$ doll I got for Christmas when I was twelve. :giggle:

Last edited:
I have never heard of a Tina Cassini doll, Fim.
My sister used to have a Barbie and I didn’t understand why she had chosen this kind of doll in the first place.
Barbie was supposed to represent a young lady…. and the little girl I was wanted a doll that looked like a child, which means that looked like her…☺️
But, of course , you were twelve…and I was 5….:smile:

Reactions: Fimpagebag
I have never heard of a Tina Cassini doll, Fim.
My sister used to have a Barbie and I didn’t understand why she had chosen this kind of doll in the first place.
Barbie was supposed to represent a young lady…. and the little girl I was wanted a doll that looked like a child, which means that looked like her…☺️
But, of course , you were twelve…and I was 5….:smile:
My daughter felt the same when she was five, Mariapia. :cutesy:

Reactions: Mariapia