Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

View attachment 5004974Here is a recent pic. Want to contribute! I discovered the afternoon sun is great for my limited photo skills! I have had the vintage British Tan for several years and could literally be a daily bag. I just rediscovered the vintage red 2 weeks ago. The not-quite-vintage blue is new to me a few months ago, newly cleaned, conditioned and in use last week

What a bevy of beauties, Lake Effect! :drool:

Each has its own inimitable style and color. :hbeat:

I swoon... :faint:

What a bevy of beauties, Lake Effect! :drool:

Each has its own inimitable style and color. :hbeat:

I swoon... :faint:
It was wonderful to find the vintage Coach thread in that forum and find so much love for vintage Coach and buying preloved. And then to venture out into the forum at large, to threads like this for handbag love, period :flowers:

oh and I was looking at the beginning of the thread, was it originally called Ahoy polloi??

Last edited:
Reactions: Ludmilla
View attachment 5004974Here is a recent pic. Want to contribute! I discovered the afternoon sun is great for my limited photo skills! I have had the vintage British Tan for several years and could literally be a daily bag. I just rediscovered the vintage red 2 weeks ago. The not-quite-vintage blue is new to me a few months ago, newly cleaned, conditioned and in use last week
Gorgeous!!

Reactions: Lake Effect
It was wonderful to find the vintage Coach thread in that forum and find so much love for vintage Coach and buying preloved. And then to venture out into the forum at large, to threads like this for handbag love, period :flowers:

oh and I was looking at the beginning of the thread, was it originally called Ahoy polio??

My fault for the confusion, Lake Effect. :facepalm:

As the thread starter, “Ahoy Polloi” was my rallying cry for any TPF members who have and love bags that are often dismissed out of hand by those devoted solely to luxury designer bags. :blah:

And, because very few of us here have five figure annual bag budgets, we might be considered “pinch pennies” in comparison. :giggle:

In the six years (and counting) since this thread‘s inception, our Island continues to be a “safe harbor” and refuge for bag lovers of all stripes. :dothewave:

Last edited:
Being around from the first inception, I wish everyone would just get call it what it is, a Fanny pack and move on :biggrin: And yes, good for anyone wearing a size small belt on their tiny waist. Yes, go ahead and rub it in and wear a little coin purse on it :lol:

My goal for this year is see if I can let go of around a dozen or so. I’ll keep everyone posted. I have a list staring at me on my refrigerator!

Maybe the posts here will jog you to bring them out to play :biggrin:

Gorgeous shade of blue! And it looks like some of the stitching is contrast, with brass hard ware, wow. Those are 3 wins in my book, enjoy. I just acquired a lovely vintage Coach in a deep blue with contrast stitching. I am not holding nickel hardware against it lol.
Hey, the nickel hardware is gorgeous! So much nicer than regular silver.

As the thread starter, “Ahoy Polloi” was my rallying cry for any TPF members who have and love bags that are often dismissed out of hand by those devoted solely to luxury designer bags. :blah:

And, because very few of us here have five figure annual bag budgets, we might be considered “pinch pennies” in comparison. :giggle:

In the six years (and counting) since this thread‘s inception, our Island continues to be a “safe harbor” and refuge for bag lovers of all stripes. :dothewave:
Got it :smile: I thought I would take a little trip back in time!
Hey, the nickel hardware is gorgeous! So much nicer than regular silver.
It appears burnished. I prefer brass, as you may know, but this is very nice.

Reactions: whateve
Happy Friday. Fim I feel your pain, I have a bag on the way from eBay.
But here’s one Ive been waiting to use, a Mui Mui from Poshmark.

View attachment 5002797
That is one pretty bag, Tomsmom!
We have seen a lot of very pretty yellow bags here on the island. Never considered that colour for a bag, but it does look lovely. :smile:
Ooooh! Those are pretty!
I hope you get the chance to use them. :smile:

It is!
I need to take one of my pinch penny bags out, soon. :smile:
At the moment I am back at my MM Theia. :rolleyes:
Happy Monday, fellow Islanders! :sunshine:

USPS just updated me that my “irretrievably lost” Cuir has been found! :party:

It arrived at our regional USPS distribution center overnight and should arrive in the next few days. :dothewave:
Happy Monday, Fim!
What an adventure ... !:eek:
This bag will have a story to tell you as soon as you got it!
Glad, it is back on track. ;)