Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Do you wear black bags in summer or white bags in winter, southernbelle?
It's something I never do.... But to tell you the truth, most of my bags are brown... ;)
I do.
I use all of my bags year round. I don't have a white bag, but if I did I would use it. There are whilte wool coats and dresses, so why should we not carry a white purse if we want to do so. I have reds, browns, black, Kelly green, orange, blue, tan and purple bags. Although I don't pay any attention to "rules" as such, I probably wouod not carry a straw bag in the winter, lol.

And I live in an area where we have four distinct seasons. Which begs the question...if they follow the "rules" would those who live where it is always warm/tropical, etc., never get to carry dark bags?
In my case the summer-winter question is not really a question of colour. It is more the question: do the handles fit nicely over my thick winter coat shoulders? No? Does the bag have a shoulder/crossbody strap? No? Then it is a summer bag. :biggrin:

Yes. I unterstand that, too. Sometimes bag feel heavier on some days and lighter on others.
Thanks for sharing this. In the last few weeks I have ordered a nylon Longchamp and a coated canvas bag. Leather bags felt like they all weighed 10 lbs. empty and were driving me batty. Maybe it is the heat and humidity or being stuck at home or having to wear a mask...but I was not enjoying them. Thought it was just me.

Thanks for sharing this. In the last few weeks I have ordered a nylon Longchamp and a coated canvas bag. Leather bags felt like they all weighed 10 lbs. empty and were driving me batty. Maybe it is the heat and humidity or being stuck at home or having to wear a mask...but I was not enjoying them. Thought it was just me.
Nope. Thanks to the heat I cannot wear totes of any kind at the moment either. Also my Choc Selene sometimes weights a ton next time it feels not this heavy at all. I really think weight can relate to mood of the day, temperature or actual body condition.

Happy Tuesday, Islanders! :sunshine:

Last week was consumed by my DH’s birthday and our 42nd wedding anniversary.

Being the hopeless romantic, my DH celebrated our anniversary by buying me what every wife of 42 years evidently secretly yearns for... :girlsigh:

A shiny bright red portable compressor so I can always make sure my vehicle has enough air in its tires! :facepalm:

Being the hopeless romantic, my DH celebrated our anniversary by buying me what every wife of 42 years evidently secretly yearns for... :girlsigh:

A shiny bright red portable compressor so I can always make sure my vehicle has enough air in its tires! :facepalm:
Yes mam. He's a sweetie!!

Sounds like a great gift and I am pretty sure you can make good use of it! :smile:

Reactions: ShinyW and Mariapia

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, Fim!
Your DH's presents are always unique:tup:
Happy belated birthday to Mr Fim :smile:

Reactions: Ludmilla and ShinyW

Oh, you lucky girl.
Next will be a drill.
Always handy for all those small handywoman jobs around the place.

happy Anniversary!! Very thoughtful and practical gift!