Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

currently wide awake at 2.50am weds morning...have been awake since midnight after the neighbors decided to go for a drive and rev their car up...and come back at 2.30am

I hate people. One of my neighbors kids was like that. Went on for years. Every morning at 5.45. I was so happy when he moved out.

I feel for you, Narnanz. And I totally get where you’re coming from, Murphy. Neighbors (and the lack thereof) was the main stumbling block in the past whenever my husband and I thought about selling the home farm. I had no desire for neighbors and knew it would be next to impossible to duplicate the peace and privacy of our situation.

Now that the home farm has been sold, I thought it prudent for both my DH and myself to get our affairs in order. (i.e. updating our will) :thinking:

While the big important stuff remained pretty much the same, I did the unthinkable and wondered what I should do with my many (many) bags? :confused1:

Should I burden our daughter with their eventual disbursement or should I just “suck it up” and reduce my collection to only the bags I use the most? :angel:

Well that wasn’t going to happen. :coolio:

Or that I won’t be susceptible to adding to my collection should a new bag catch my eye. :giggle:

Bags are my passion. And I have utter faith in our daughter’s discernment in seeing that my bags will end up in the hands of those who will truly appreciate them. :rolleyes:

In the interim, (which is one way of putting it) I plan to thoroughly enjoy my bags. :speedy:

Case in point, my Dooney Kendall Drawstring Bag.0C84A787-CB6C-4E32-A44F-0B792BAC973E.jpeg2CE373B0-A9B7-4A6A-B7A2-94FCC9F12B53.jpeg

@Mariapia inspired me. It's been a while for this one! I stored it wrong, so it's creased and a bit crumpled, but it's Longchamp so it'll straighten itself out after a little use. And I love how dirt, grime, and pandemics slide right off with sanitizing wipes. :heart:

I love the color, Joule! :loveeyes:

And you can never go wrong with a nylon Longchamp. Practical yet iconic, a perfect blend of style and utility. :love:

Now that the home farm has been sold, I thought it prudent for both my DH and myself to get our affairs in order. (i.e. updating our will) :thinking:

While the big important stuff remained pretty much the same, I did the unthinkable and wondered what I should do with my many (many) bags? :confused1:

Should I burden our daughter with their eventual disbursement or should I just “suck it up” and reduce my collection to only the bags I use the most? :angel:

Or that I won’t be susceptible to adding to my collection should a new bag catch my eye. :giggle:

Bags are my passion. And I have utter faith in our daughter’s discernment in seeing that my bags will end up in the hands of those who will truly appreciate them. :rolleyes:

In the interim, (which is one way of putting it) I plan to thoroughly enjoy my bags. :speedy:

Case in point, my Dooney Kendall Drawstring Bag.View attachment 4746843View attachment 4746844

Gorgeous color! About your bags I’m sure your daughter will do the right thing.

Case in point, my Dooney Kendall Drawstring Bag.View attachment 4746843View attachment 4746844
I'm counting on my daughters to do the right thing with my bags too. I don't think my son would.

I feel the same way about neighbors. When we lived in the country, there weren't any noises from neighbors unless someone was shooting, although we had a waterfall that was loud and wild animal noises. It was great! Now we have neighbors that have parties every weekend until the wee hours in the morning, and other neighbors that always seem to be running loud equipment like drills, mowers, leaf blowers, etc. at 7 am.

I like your drawstring bag! Very pretty! :smile:
Yes, I am sure that your daughter will know what to do with your bags. :smile: Nothing you should worry about.
@Mariapia inspired me. It's been a while for this one! I stored it wrong, so it's creased and a bit crumpled, but it's Longchamp so it'll straighten itself out after a little use. And I love how dirt, grime, and pandemics slide right off with sanitizing wipes. :heart:
Lovely LC! They are one of the most practical bags in the universe. :biggrin:

Reactions: Mariapia and Joule