AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!tiny footsteps in my attic..Im freakin..!!

Jill, come on down!!!!! I would love love love it!!!!!

Have it checked out soon. That animal may be making your attic its home, as it is cold outside and there will be more warmth in your roof. It is creepy, but really, I'd ave someone over in the morning!

The guy that went to my parents house kept saying that maybe my mom heard the wind?!?! Totally was a possum, that ended up deep in the wall, getting stuck, and dying. The animal actually 'exploded' because of the gasses etc. It was SO nasty!

ok..REALLY not helping now.....LMAO

I watched a scary movie yesterday too...sigh.

LOL!!! I'm sorry, I know when my old family house hat mice in it a lot of people were giving great advice but totally scared me even more! hahaha so I completely understand it not being funny!

I have no idea what I'd do. I'd probably call an exterminator.

exorcist.jpg

Jill, I had this happen so often in my old house, mostly because it was in a student-oriented area and the house was so decrepit it was practically being held together by chewing gum, and because of that there were lots of "holes" for things to get into the attic through. Seriously though, you have nothing to worry about! If it couldn't get into the actual living area of the house in my old ghetto-shack, I'm sure it will stay confined to the attic in your nice house. Just call someone in the morning and they will take care of it!

Just breathe! I was so scared the first few times it happened that I actually packed my stuff and left for the night. But after a few more incidents I realized nothing could get in anyway, so I made peace with the whole situation.

OMG when I first saw the thread title my eyes didn't see the "tiny" part....I just read the "ahhh....footsteps in my attic" part. I was about to have a heart attack for YOU thinking that there was someONE up in your attic walking around! Then I saw the tiny part and figured that it was probably some animal or something....but for a fraction of a second I was thinking "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!" lol, I have no ideas on who to call or anything like that; is anyone else in your house brave enough to check the attic to see whats up there? So you can know for sure?

Last edited:
Last week I was hearing noises in our attic. Came to find out it was a RAT!!!! I called my dad immediately and he was soooo cool about it, I however, was freaking out! He said "oh yeah it probably came down the phone line"...... Uh....ok!! Wth??! lol.

Anyways, my sister works at a pest control and got someone to come down and set traps and covered the openings, any and all openings!. That night we heard 2 "snaps" and alot of rumbling and thudding until about 4 am. It was indeed... a RAT! (R.I.P)

So yeah I would definitely call a pest control STAT! Good lucck to you! I hope it goes away soon. I know how it feels to hear that noise and want to just skip town altogether!

OK - two creepy animal in the house stories.... Thanks, Jill for making me remember these. GL with the extermination.

We had a friend who had a mother raccoon and her babies up in his attic. At night the mother would leave and slide down the downspout, making a "fingernails across the chalkboard" sound with her claws. Then the babies would cry for hours until the mother came back to the attic. He put up with that for over a week before calling someone.

One day (some years ago) when we lived in Pittsburgh, I went down into the basement to do a load of wash. The lid on the washer was down and I started the water. I immediately heard a scrambling sound inside the washer. WTF??? I slid a window screen across the opening (top loader) and opened the lid to see a rat! It was Sunday, but I called animal control anyway. My DH thought it was funny and brought our Corgi Betsy over to taunt the rat. He stood her up on the dryer that was next to the washer so she could see the rat through the screen. It drove her crazy. For years after this, if you said "where is the rat?" to Betsy, she would run over to the washing machine and bark...no matter where we lived.
Anyway, the animal control officer arrived in about 45 minutes. He had a catch pole, but it was big...for bigger animals and he couldn't get it to work. The rat was pretty worked up by then and would hiss when you looked at him through the screen. The officer then asks me if he could just beat it to death inside my washer. WHAT??? Yeah right. He eventually found a smaller catch pole and caught the rat. Took him at least a 1/2 hour trying. I'm surprised the rat didn't have a heart attack. We can laugh about that these years later. But eeek! Oh, it most likely came up the drain pipe.

i'd go up there with a flashlight.

but then again, i'm a dumbass. LOL

when i was 10, i woke up in the middle of the night and saw something FLYING circles around my room. it didn't look like a bird. it was a BAT.

i basically yelled as loud as i could to wake up my dad. he came in and chased it away, but didn't see where it went.

fast forward to the next night, i wake up and there's some racket in the other room. i go in there, and there the bat is AGAIN! and my cat was jumping all over the walls trying to catch it! i guess it had hidden in the house all day or something.

my dad killed it with a 2x4 and threw it out the window, being the country boy that he is. the next morning i'm walking across the front yard and there's the dead bat :lol:

i looked at it and it wasn't scary up close. it's just the flapping wings.