AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!tiny footsteps in my attic..Im freakin..!!

Rodent wouldn't bother me that much. Anything larger, yeah I can see how that might bother you, def.

Some raccoons made it into my pantry once though and ate stuff. lol. They left on their own when they were full so its all good.

Rats and mice aren't so bad. If you have a cat, they usually take care of it. Unless it is a cat that has never been outdoors and not made use of his hunting instinct, even then it might still be ok. Some farms have literally a dozen cats for the rodent reason alone.

Heh, my parents have kind of an interesting story about this.

Their house is older (they hate change and won't move!) and their street backs up to woods that have been there for quite a long time. There's a little creek and everything and it's very nice for privacy. Well, it's also nice for, uh, critters.

One day, there was this sound in the wall, and no one could figure out what it was. They regularly had the house sprayed for pests, which are prevalent in the South (everyone sees a roach in their house at least once a year, it's not avoidable no matter how clean you are or how often the pest guy comes), so they figured it wasn't a bug, but they had no way of seeing behind the wall. They called the pest people to come out, but before they could get out, the critter died...and started to STINK.

So when the guys got out here, they cut a hole in the wall and couldn't find what it was. They looked in the attic, though, and not only were there roof rats in there, but there were BATS.

The pest guy said that roof rats were common and unavoidable in the climate and on a street that backed up that close to a wooded area, and everyone in the neighborhood probably had them and would never notice them because they don't really enter the regular part of the house (hence their name). They set traps up there and killed the rats, no prob, but bats are apparently protected wildlife and cannot be killed in order to be removed from a dwelling.

So, they had to follow a very long, drawn out process to remove them (not that I'm opposed to that - bats are helpful wildlife and should be protected) and then, once they were all out, close up the entrance and clean up the, uh, droppings.

So, moral of the story: I hope you don't have bats.

See where my head is at, my first thought was that she had a ghost/spirit up there also! didn't even occur to me until opening the thread that it could be an animal-LOL!

hope you figured it out Jill, let us know!

exorcist.jpg

:roflmfao::roflmfao:

I first thought of gosths too. :sweatdrop::faint:

You can get rid of possums by using Natural deterrents which play upon the possum's acute sense of smell are often employed to discourage them. These include cloves of garlic, camphor or naphthalene

From wikipedia.

Heh, my parents have kind of an interesting story about this.

Their house is older (they hate change and won't move!) and their street backs up to woods that have been there for quite a long time. There's a little creek and everything and it's very nice for privacy. Well, it's also nice for, uh, critters.

One day, there was this sound in the wall, and no one could figure out what it was. They regularly had the house sprayed for pests, which are prevalent in the South (everyone sees a roach in their house at least once a year, it's not avoidable no matter how clean you are or how often the pest guy comes), so they figured it wasn't a bug, but they had no way of seeing behind the wall. They called the pest people to come out, but before they could get out, the critter died...and started to STINK.

So when the guys got out here, they cut a hole in the wall and couldn't find what it was. They looked in the attic, though, and not only were there roof rats in there, but there were BATS.

The pest guy said that roof rats were common and unavoidable in the climate and on a street that backed up that close to a wooded area, and everyone in the neighborhood probably had them and would never notice them because they don't really enter the regular part of the house (hence their name). They set traps up there and killed the rats, no prob, but bats are apparently protected wildlife and cannot be killed in order to be removed from a dwelling.

So, they had to follow a very long, drawn out process to remove them (not that I'm opposed to that - bats are helpful wildlife and should be protected) and then, once they were all out, close up the entrance and clean up the, uh, droppings.

So, moral of the story: I hope you don't have bats.

Oh, I had bats in my old student house too. We were told there was nothing you could do to get rid of them (I'm sure the fact that we were renting students didn't help either) so we just lived with them. It was terrible!

Some counties will help, in others residents are empowered to help the business community by calling a commercial animal removal company.

Fees are all over the place, some may charge a few hundred, others a few thousand, so depending on your budget, you might want to do some googling, and if your area doesn't offer a solution that would be a good match with your mortgage, google around for DIY information, seize some loved ones and rustle you up a posse.

Once the being has been helped to choose an alternative residence, have the posse go to Wal-Mart or a hunting store and buy some fox pipi, then go back and spray all up in there with it, that will be displeasing to subsequent tenants.

They do not enjoy the smell of fox pipi.

(You will not be bothered by it, though, since it is up in places you don't go)

Last edited:
Jill, it's possible that the animal isn't in your attic. We were hearing footsteps, too, and called someone to come look. The attic is, of course, very dusty and he showed us that there weren't any footprints - so, no animals. The critter was actually on the roof- which can sound like it's in the attic. Good luck!

1st check and make sure you dont have a tree rubbing on your house, that happened to my sister the exterminator laughed so hard over that on.
and as for me im not afraid of critters, but now ghosts thats a whole other story.
and just to add some more scare to this my aunt had a guy living in her attic he came down to shower and eat while she was at work and hid while she was home, cops found him and a bed up there, she had to replace all her insulation because he had been using the insulation as a toilet, anyway come to find out it was her next door neighbors husband they had seperated and he was watching her through the vent in the roof to make sure she didnt have any guys over. so now you dont have to worry only about whos in your attic but whos in your neighbors attic! BTW she found out because the neighbors across the street asked her if she was dating again because they saw a man in a bathrobe in her kitchen. lol