Advice, Please! Which of These Cross-body Bags Would You Recommend?

I have that Bloomsbury and it is an AWESOME bag! So comfy to wear.
DSC00133.jpg

That LV is awesome but I personally like the MJ the best. It seems rather small though compared to the others. Is size a deciding factor? I also like the leather on the burberry one, so it would be in order: MJ (if size isn't the main deciding factor), LV, then Burberry

Lo - I know you have no interest in RM now, but I actually prefer the BH 3-Zip MAC you used to have over all of those choices. I'm still waiting to get mine back from LB/RM. I hope it comes back in good shape since I love that bag. My 2-3 week repair has turned into 5 weeks and counting. :rolleyes: I probably won't buy anything else from RM, but I do want this bag!

In the meantime, I'm waiting to see what crossbody bag you select...

Longchamp and Burberry look like luggage store offerings - I think you can find 10x the bag for the same price. I also am not fond of the Burberry CS, I've had bad experiences. It might just be me.

MJ is a bit flashy, but sumptuous leather. Mulberry is heavy; sturdy but the leather can be dull if it is exposed to weather before it builds up a patina. LV is indestructible, if not the most chic.

Amazing advice, everyone!!! Thanks so much!!! :flowers:

I went shopping this evening to check out some of these in person, and I am happy to report that I am now able to take the following off of the list:

- MJ (it's a bit too small for my needs, though the leather is lovely and I like the styling ...classic, but with a slight twist. I love MJ himself, though...at times more than his designs! :P
- Longchamp (this one is way too small). The leather is also much nicer than it appears in the pics.
- I have been thinking about the Mulberry and have decided that the stitching on the front is not for me, although the general shape of the bag intrigues me, as well as the fact that you can run a Mulberry bag over with a truck and it will continue on its merry way. ;)

I forgot (doh) to go into the LV store though, so I can't report on the Bloomsbury IRL. But kristinmcd, your pic has me DROOLING!!! Thanks for posting - is it the PM or the GM size? I saw a few Damier bags tonight and as usual they made me look twice. It is a beautiful pattern.

So....at the moment I am down to the LV, the Burberry, and a new contender as of this evening. :graucho:

I have seen this bag IRL, and adore it. But I have never seen it in this color, which I love. The Chloe Heloise Small Hobo in Light Grey ($841-$995) (it comes with a cross-body strap):

10032922_139315_800.jpg

The detailing and leather on this bag are gorgeous...I think that the handle (which unfortunately you can't see at all here) is amazing, perhaps the prettiest one I have ever seen on a leather handbag.

I can also get it in ruby, which is a beautiful dark red:

base_media.jpg

Finally, tonight I looked at this exact bag. It is a small Chloe cross-body/hand-carry bag that's also from the Heloise line ($695). The leather is superb, but it is definitely on the small side (it's more like a roomy pochette). The yellow one is pretty, but I would get it in ruby:

img-thing.jpg

So what you do say - Chloe pochette, Chloe small hobo, or LV Bloomsbury PM? Thanks! :flowers:

Attachments

• th_10032922_139315_800.jpg
    th_10032922_139315_800.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 39
  • th_base_media.jpg
    th_base_media.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 35
  • th_img-thing.jpg
    th_img-thing.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 38
I would have voted the MJ, but it seems it's off your list. have you seen the MBMJ Petal to the Metal Russell? The birdie is such a cutie, and those bags are hot sellers right now! Not trying to confuse your decision more, but it had to be mentioned!

I do really like the Chloe though... after all the left over contenders, that is my favorite. Hobos are fabulous.

I just got a crossbody as well.... Something to tide me over while waiting for my Day to show up. I did follow the rule: out two, one in, so it's not cheating, right?

http://forum.purseblog.com/botkier/i-have-found-the-way-tao-crossbody-567438.html

Last edited:
I would say LV Bloomsbury PM, I know it's tried and tested by many tpf'ers here and they seems to like it. I'm not sure if it fits a water bottle if you needs that.

I would have voted the MJ, but it seems it's off your list. have you seen the MBMJ Petal to the Metal Russell? The birdie is such a cutie, and those bags are hot sellers right now! Not trying to confuse your decision more, but it had to be mentioned!

I do really like the Chloe though... after all the left over contenders, that is my favorite. Hobos are fabulous.

I just got a crossbody as well.... Something to tide me over while waiting for my Day to show up. I did follow the rule: out two, one in, so it's not cheating, right?

http://forum.purseblog.com/botkier/i-have-found-the-way-tao-crossbody-567438.html

I just posted a comment in your Tao thread - that bag is KILLER - it's perfect for you!!! :yahoo:

And while I still love the Bloomsbury, I am a bit iffy as to whether or not it will work for me - I know that others love it, and I think it's very chic, but I am still wondering...

However, I do know that Chloe works for me and my wardrobe/personal style. Still thinking this one over. :thinking:

personally, being 19 almost 20, I absolutely love your new option of The Chloe Heloise Small Hobo in Light Grey. Yes everyone says LV is classic, but why have something that every other girl is already wearing? when people look at the chloe bags you chose, they'll definitely be giving you a second look!