Advice, Please! Which of These Cross-body Bags Would You Recommend?

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Hi all - I would truly appreciate your advice with a purchase that I would like to make in the near future. I am in the market for something specific: a black (or Damier Ebene), small to medium-sized cross-body bag. I would prefer something with pretty classic styling, and that is designed to last (though truth be told I am not terribly hard on my bags).

Here are the finalists (four bags total). I have little to no experience with Longchamp leather bags, Burberry, or MJ, so I would love to hear some expert opinions - and of course, if you have any other specific suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks so much!!! :smile:

Choice #1: Marc Jacobs Cammie Classic Leather Crossbody ($595)

Choice #2: Longchamp Veau Foulonee Messenger Bag ($425)

Choice #3: Burberry Tumbled Leather Crossbody Bag ($595)

Choice #4: Louis Vuitton Bloomsbury PM ($890)
(It's the smaller of the two bags pictured)

Attachments

Last edited:

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Thanks for the quick reply, wild child!

I completely forgot to mention anther contender - oops! Here it is:

Choice #5: Mulberry Hayden Messenger ($595)

Attachments

fashion_mom1

Apr 28, 2009
I know you love mulberry LO, but I would say LV bloomsbury or the Burberry. Those are 2 of my fav brands. Burberry also makes a cute crossbody bag by the name of Dyden-I have it. It is on the far right top in my signature.

Janinevs

O.G.
Feb 4, 2007
On looks alone, I'd say the MJ. Are you going to try them on though? To me cross-body bags are really hard and the ones that work for me are few and far between. If I tried on those 5, I'd be lucky if one of them works for me and that will be the one I buy.

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Thanks all for your thoughts!

You are giving me some great insights...please keep the advice coming!

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
I like the Mulberry and the MJ bags the best. One thing about the Mulberry: it is much wider than it is long, which might not look good when worn as a crossbody.
The MJ is great, but it screams MJ, so if you are ok with that, then I would get the MJ bag.

As atarzz mentioned, the longchamp looks like a bag you could buy at a suitcase store. I had the same reaction to the Burberry bag, but for some reason I think the Burberry might look nicer in person.

Hope this helps!

vanbruntsa

purses/shoes/bling!
O.G.
Feb 16, 2008
LV Bloomsbury bc damier ebene is virtually indestructible!!! plus the others look really plain IMHO and the bloomsbury is most classic of the bunch.

Last edited:

rainrowan

where's my bag?!
O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
Marc Jacobs crossbody is going to be sumptuous to fondle and organized.

I would go for the LV Bloomsbury myself, it looks so much easier than the others to get in and out of. I prefer rummaging thru my bags a little.