Advice, Please! Which of These Cross-body Bags Would You Recommend?

OK now you are making it really hard. I am glad you tried them on IRL. You actually eliminated my least favs. I am a LV girl so I will always vote for that, but the runner up for me would normally be Burberry--HOWEVER this chloe is TDF. Is it a cross body bag though? I thought that is what you were going for? However it really matters what your heart is telling you. You have been so good (from what I have read) about purging your excess and then carefully selecting your next buy. You are really an inspiration to us here on TPF

Aw, are so sweet, fashion_mom!!! :hugs:

I try, I try - but sometimes I fail, I have to admit... :P

And to answer your questions, both of the Chloes have a long, cross-body strap option. I love gray bags and don't have one at the moment (and I have felt an absence of a gray bag since I sold my last one in December) so I am def. leaning towards the light gray Chloe if I get a Chloe. But the LV is also calling me...:sweatdrop:

Hm... What about the Bloomsbury is making you hesitate? Is it the size or the functionality of it?

From what I know about your tastes, it seems like the Chloe would work for you, and you can get it in a color that you don't already have. But then, you'd be left without a crossbody!

thithi, that's the genius of both of the Chloes - they have optional cross-body straps! I tried one of them one and it's perfect for me (I am short and to top matters off my torso is about 2 inches long, heh heh).

LO - you rejected the MJ because it's too small - the pouchette doesn't look to be much bigger.

I'd go for Heloise in Ruby. Its convertible, it fits your style, its smooshy and divine. LV is fun and indestructible - but you don't seem to really love most LV bags. Flirt with them, yes. Take them home, no.

You are right about the pouchette - it is a bit smaller, and for just a bit more I would have a much roomier, more versatile bag (the Chloe hobo or the Bloomsbury).

I think that I am going to go to the LV store this Thursday or Friday after the dust settles from the first three days of the workweek (which are always very hectic for me) and see how I feel about the Bloomsbury in person...you are very observant, VL - I very much like the look of many LVs - they always catch my attention, esp. the classic mono and Damier ebene - but I am not certain ultimately that they are for me. Hmmmmm.....

So now we are down to the Chloe light gray small hobo (I believe the official color is galet, but then again Chloe colors are crazy confusing) and the LV Bloomsbury PM. :yahoo:

ThiThi, this is a great crossbody bag. It is so rocker chic!
Thanks tt!!! It's wonderful... I've fallen in love with botkier all over again!

Lo, did you know there's a large cammie as well? FYI!! If I can't get you to fall in love with the MJ, then I think the Chloe is the perfect choice.... especially if it can be worn crossbody!! :nuts:

I have the Bloomsbury PM as well, and I can tell you it's my lightest and most comfortable messenger bag. You can fit a water bottle in it as well. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't stand on its own. That makes it hard for an everyday bag but excellent for crossbody comfort. Plus, as the other ladies have posted, it is indestructible and classic.

Thanks tt!!! It's wonderful... I've fallen in love with botkier all over again!

Lo, did you know there's a large cammie as well? FYI!! If I can't get you to fall in love with the MJ, then I think the Chloe is the perfect choice.... especially if it can be worn crossbody!! :nuts:

Large Cammie???? Hmmm.....:graucho:

I will check this out! I have only seen a teeny Cammie, and a slightly less teeny Cammie. ($100 difference between the two - but even the larger of the two teeny Cammie is a bit too small for my needs...and trust me, I don't carry much!)

Thanks for the tip! And yeah, Botkier is very easy to love. :love:

I have the Bloomsbury PM as well, and I can tell you it's my lightest and most comfortable messenger bag. You can fit a water bottle in it as well. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't stand on its own. That makes it hard for an everyday bag but excellent for crossbody comfort. Plus, as the other ladies have posted, it is indestructible and classic.

You know, misslola, I am thinking that perhaps I will get TWO cross-bodies - the Bloomsbury (assuming it knocks me off of my socks when I see it in person later on this week) and maybe the light gray Chloe.

This would not be a poor choice on my part, because I honestly use cross-bodies a great deal, since they are my favorite style. I don't have a single one at the moment, and it is driving me wacko. :wacko:

I don't know why I didn't think of this solution before. DOH. :noggin:

What do you all think of this? Are the two styles different enough to justify purchasing both eventually?

Large Cammie???? Hmmm.....:graucho:

I will check this out! I have only seen a teeny Cammie, and a slightly less teeny Cammie. ($100 difference between the two - but even the larger of the two teeny Cammie is a bit too small for my needs...and trust me, I don't carry much!)

Thanks for the tip! And yeah, Botkier is very easy to love. :love:
aw crappers... that's it then... the large cammie is the one that is $100 more. oh well... i tried!:P

aw crappers... that's it then... the large cammie is the one that is $100 more. oh well... i tried!:P

:lol:

"Crappers" is a great word!

It is def. a very cool bag - I do like it, it's just a tad too small for me. Otherwise, I would have likely purchased it, because I have a fetish for MJ push locks. :P

hands down bloomsbury, but i'm sure you don't really need another person telling you

A. Great username!

B. I am def. giving the Bloomsbury a serious look this Friday - I have come to the conclusion that I will perhaps get BOTH the small Chloe hobo and the Bloomsbury. Depending on how it works out in person I will likely get the Bloomsbury first, since the weather is wet and muddy around here this time of year and the LV will get a lot of use right away. Plus, the LV will never go on sale whereas if I wait just a bit the Chloe may just lower in price..:graucho: