Absolutely livid re: destruction of Swift

Perja,

I'm so sorry that your bag could not be brought back to it's original new look. She's still a beauty...

Now, it's time to come up with a terrific story as to why she looks worn-in... I would start telling people that she was vintage, and first used by your grandmother....

Oh, Perja, i am so sorry.:crybaby:

But I looked at the first picture, and there is definitely improvement, and thankfully it is on the back..:yes: It is very probable that time will be the best spa for your lovely swift kelly....

You are so sweet to share your pics with us. We feel you pain!

Ok, honestly it's not perfect but it's a lot - MUCH - better than it was. And what's more, looking at what's left of the marks, I have like the feeling that it will somehow blend in with use, and further spa treatments that the purse will have in the future. I think you can still love this baby:yes:
And thank god it's on the back.
I am really sorry for what happened and I can perfectly understand the way you feel. A big hugh.:heart:

glad the scratches are better now with the spa treatment, please do keep us up to date about her condition. swift is a relatively new leather and i've love to see how it ages before i commit to getting a piece in it!

The scratches will get better and to be honest, it just looks lived in, right now. I'm bummed it happened so fast, though.

I still love the bag but I need to get a little over that for now.

Will definitely be wearing this in future though.

Thank you veryvery much for all the kind words and support ladies, it means a lot to a bag obssessed girl like me ;)

I understand that you're feeling a little disappointed right now, Perja. But it's really still a BEAUTIFUL bag and I'd be proud to carry it. I'm sure you will fall back in love with her. :flowers:

Oh my. :sad::sweatdrop: Saw the thread title and knew "this can't be good!"

So sorry this happened to you and your lovely H.
It does look so much better after the HTLC though.

May I suggest using it again maybe sooner rather than later so you don't inadvertantly develop a bit of aversion to it? I speak from experience. I have a scratch on my Birkin plate that STANDS OUT because it was so very brand new when it happened. A scrapey scratch (thanks,Cadena :cursing: grrrrr) No patina yet. And since then I've been less inclined to carry it. Someday I'll replace the plate. So I will follow my own advice and use her more. You?

Maybe you can keep photo diary of how the leather responds to use over time, say every few months. I know this is the very LAST thing on your mind right now but just a thought.

I agree, use the bag as much as possible, I bet in a few months of use those marks will be hardly visible. I know how heartbreaking it is when you get something new that you treasure and something happens to it:cursing: , it is hard to feel the same about it, but it can be done. It is still a gorgeous bag and I have a feeling the more you use it, the better it will get. Also try a soft cloth on the back regularly to help the marks blend.

This community is so awesome! I have read some wonderful posts. You are all a terrific source of support, as we all understand!! And Perja, I am so happy that you got VIP service for your emergency. That should make you feel very special and appreciated by Hermes! Miss Birkin has some lasting marks, but it doesn't take away from her beauty or importance to you. Love her dearly!