A warning from me

Status
Not open for further replies.
It absolutely doesn't matter whether you say no returns in your listing or not - ebay/Paypal don't care, it will not hold up with them in the case of a dispute unfortunately - i don't know why they even offer the option in the listing page...

You have got to be kidding me... What is the point in even giving the seller an option to not accept returns unless the item is grossly misrepresented then? Crimany!!

You have got to be kidding me... What is the point in even giving the seller an option to not accept returns unless the item is grossly misrepresented then? Crimany!!

Exactly why it is so laughable - i could not even begin to understand the workings of ebay! Their policy at the moment is still keep the buyer happy - at the expense and misery of sellers - so they can pretty much return for whatever reason they like...

Exactly why it is so laughable - i could not even begin to understand the workings of ebay! Their policy at the moment is still keep the buyer happy - at the expense and misery of sellers - so they can pretty much return for whatever reason they like...

Hmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't eBay profit off the seller, not the buyer?? I will never understand their policies seeing as this is the case. There are so many sellers that will no longer have nothing to do with eBay because of their policies which reflect strong bias in favour of buyers.

I have sold a few things on eBay over the years, and I know that when you make your listing, eBay actually makes no returns one of their "stock" options, meaning you don't have to even type it into your listing - eBay ACKNOWLEDGES the fact that you will not accept returns. Sigh... Crazy, crazy...

OMG harlow! I am so sorry this happened to you! That is just horrible. These people are scammers, straight up! So greedy and selfish. Unfortunately, it is true that eBay sides with the buyers more often than the sellers for some reason, and as you read in my last thread, I had to learn that the hard way. I definitely pointed that out in that eBay survey they sent me. I am not sure what to do if the buyer does send them back in horrible condition (which I really hope DOES NOT happen). Did the buyer open a dispute at all?

Aww harlow, please keep us posted. I hope everything works out for you!

Is this the auction? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220550582798

I'm not trying to take sides as I don't know either of you. I'm just looking at it as an outsider. I did see the buyer sells lots of Louboutins. The statement you made that "she is a dumb person who has no idea how python is and the material" seems harse because she is both buying and selling CL's. She also bought a pink pair of pythons on 2/8/10.

In the auction there is not a photo that shows if there is wear on the bottom of the shoe. I'm not saying there was wear. It leaves it open for dispute as to whether there was wear or not since there is no photo of that area.

I would doubt a top rated seller with 100% positive feedback would deliberately damage shoes and return them. I hope you are able to work it out.

Is this the auction? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220550582798

I'm not trying to take sides as I don't know either of you. I'm just looking at it as an outsider. I did see the buyer sells lots of Louboutins. The statement you made that "she is a dumb person who has no idea how python is and the material" seems harse because she is both buying and selling CL's. She also bought a pink pair of pythons on 2/8/10.

In the auction there is not a photo that shows if there is wear on the bottom of the shoe. I'm not saying there was wear. It leaves it open for dispute as to whether there was wear or not since there is no photo of that area.

I would doubt a top rated seller with 100% positive feedback would deliberately damage shoes and return them. I hope you are able to work it out.

First off thx for the input...I am sure you know her btw. It's kinda obvious from finding the link since I never posted it or exactly what kind of shoes they were to first and formost denying u do know her at the begining of this message. Anyways no biggie if u do but I never said she would ruin the shoes. I said I have heard horror stories and hope that doesn't happen. I did take a pic of the bottom of the red sole. It's in my auction. Plus she never complained about that. Thats my point. The sole was great. There was foot marks she says in the shoes. I was saying its contradicting to say they aren't new to me and have been used when the sole is 100% red and no scuff marks anywhere. That makes no sense. I know wearing a pair out on my driveway is gonna produce some sort of mark. Plus u don't know the messages she sent to me before the auction even ended plus the fact she wanted me to upgrade shipping wout paying me. She just thought I should eat the cost. I did upgrade her shipping and I did send her a tracking number, along w the original receipt like I promised. And I also find it odd I get a call saying somone is trying to return my shoes cause I do have a wonderful relationship w my sales associate. Thats why in my opinion IF she is doing this she is dumb and has been a pain before the auction ended and I can only go off of her messages and her attitude. I base my opinions on people w the impressions they give me. Oh and she has excellent feedback but it's from buying. I even gave her credit at the beginning of my story saying she was excellent w paying. I also have offered her some of her money back too just as an fyi. You don't know me and I do know the truth and know those shoes sat in my closet since day one so I could be able to by my strass pair. I know, my friends know since they were there w me when I shipped them, and my fiance knows. Plus knowing me knows I worship my shoes and their existance and have my own room for a closet w a locked door and a glass shelf for them. Maybe think of how u might be frustrated if someone called u out on something you take pride in as much as I do. You have no idea.

btw way to go all out for just commenting on my story. I mean u did ur homework and even looked at all her transactions and even gave me a date just to be fair? Hunny, ok...its a shame you have to deny who u are or who u know especially since I never posted my auction anywhere on this site and doubt u would really go thru all this trouble for 2 girls u didn't know and I know u don't know me! Loves it:smile:

Last edited:
^
No, I don't know her, never met her, never heard of her before. You posted a link to her ID in your first post. Any simpleton can do a search for all recent purchases or sales by an ebay ID. It's took all of 10 seconds to see which listing it was.

So please don't imply I am a liar. You posted for opinions on a public chat board. I am added my opinion.

I did take a pic of the bottom of the red sole. It's in my auction.

I looked at all of the pics in the auction. There isn't a photo that I can find that shows the top portion of the bottom of the foot. Maybe you can point it out to me?

Last edited:
Hunny, ok...its a shame you have to deny who u are or who u know especially since I never posted my auction anywhere on this site and doubt u would really go thru all this trouble for 2 girls u didn't know and I know u don't know me! Loves it:smile:

Please go back and look at your first post.....do you see the highlighted link to the buyers ID that YOU posted?
Click on it and then tell me where does it take you? Then you can apologize to me for accusing me of being a liar.

I didn't imply u were a liar, I just said u did ur homework for this but only seemed to look at one side implying I was wrong for my choice of words cause she has this and has sold that. I dont care if people don't agree w me. I like a debate but ur debate was mostly agreeing w her not even knowing me or what I had been thru. I never said I took a pic of the shoes up close, I said the red soles, and my first pic is pretty close up of the shoes. My point is u went thru her history and gave me an earful about her record even though I never accused her of damaging my shoes. U just seem a little upset over this and needed to call me out. There is a difference between an opinion and saying so and what u wrote. If u really don't know her maybe treat it the same since u don't know me and don't point fingers directly at me. Thanks for ur input and believe me I would honestly love to be like u know they were this way when I shipped them but I was there and remember vividly what they looked like. I don't spend $1200 and then just throw a shoe around and never check it for flaws and leave it to become dirty. It's a huge insult to me and my character.

First of all, deep breath OP. It is very evident that you are incredibly aggravated and pissed off - with reason. Has the buyer opened a case against you? If not, I would relax. IMO I would just offer her a full refund (minus shipping) to avoid her ruining the shoes or claiming they are fake in a paypal case. In the future, do not ever supply the buyer with the original receipt! If you offer her a refund she will (hopefully) get off your ass and the shoes will be returned safe and sound to you. You can just re-list them on ebay if anything. Just my 2 cents! HTH :hugs:

Idk, a refund is kind of sketch, though. If the OP knows for a fact that the shoes were undamaged when she shipped them, what if she gets back a pair of worn or damaged CLs once she gives the buyer back her money? She won't be able to turn around and sell them for near what they are worth at this point. Also, if the buyer wants to return the shoes because they are damaged, then what the heck was she doing trying to not only return damaged shoes, but lying about who she was? The whole situation is just very bizarre, and at this point I wouldn't trust the buyer.

Now, on the other hand, the unfortunate part for the OP is that Paypal and eBay definitely offer more protection for the buyer, so she may have to fight really hard to prove that the CLs were undamaged upon shipping.

OP, again this sucks and I'm sorry you are dealing with this!!

I didn't imply u were a liar

"I am sure you know her btw. It's kinda obvious from finding the link "

"Hunny, ok...its a shame you have to deny who u are or who u know"

"doubt u would really go thru all this trouble for 2 girls u didn't know"

that doesn't exactly sound like you thought I was being honest.

I saw the post and to be fair I wanted to see both sides from the parties as it goes both ways on ebay. I am sorry, but I don't think it is 100% honest to say you clearly showed the bottom of the shoe in the auction when only a portion of it is shown.

I just think you might be a little hasty in warning people that this person might damage your shoes when they have such good feedback from both buying and selling. I don't think it is fair to damage someone's reputation on ebay unless she did actually trash the shoes and then send them back. Then you definately should post it.

I'm not taking sides, just pointing out how it looks to me. You both appear to be big CL lovers and I am sure you two can work out a good resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.