a special order question to the special members

thank you all so much for answering me i really appreciate it! i'll still try my luck when i go and let everyone know..

ok do you think that i can SO it with ostrich instead of croc. or it will still have the same issues? or even lizard?

^^Well I did place an SO for a Liliac Ostrich and Toile Birkin 30cm GH. (but mind you I've been an H customer for 17 yrs and my DH has been one for even longer). I have yet to see a lizard/leather combo. I agree with HermesMonkey that exotic skins are allocated to specific number of purses, belts, accessories..etc.

i am sorry but it is not possible the kelly is a showcase bag and the toile combos are so hard to come by that you as a newbie have no chance.

boxcalf croc combos where done but only per invitation on very exceptional combinations (painted, embroidered,unusual color combos etc very artistic)
and again those are per invitation and seriously extremely rare.

believe me you have better chances to get a whole croc bag than an exotic combo:smile:

i am sorry but it is not possible the kelly is a showcase bag and the toile combos are so hard to come by that you as a newbie have no chance.

boxcalf croc combos where done but only per invitation on very exceptional combinations (painted, embroidered,unusual color combos etc very artistic)
and again those are per invitation and seriously extremely rare.

believe me you have better chances to get a whole croc bag than an exotic combo:smile:

yay! lilach is here! you're my idol. :yahoo:

do you have one of those, lilach? boxcalf croc combos? or any other croc combos? please show us mere mortals! :graucho:

Hi all, I am new to TPF and also a new Hermes buyer. I am just wondering if anyone can kindly let me know what are the general rules (or direct me to the appropriate thread) for placing special orders for Hermes bags at your local store. I have made numerous small Hermes purchases and have been lucky enough to be able to buy an HAC recently. However, I am really interested in getting a bi-colour handbag and I understand that it will have to be a special order. I am interested in knowing in general when a local store will consider placing a special order for a customer. Also, when they agree to place a special order for a customer, do you get to choose all the details including the colours (including bi-colour) and types of leather? Will they let you know once they have placed the special order for you? How long does it normally take for your special order bag to arrive? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

keep in mind that Hermes will not accept a special order if its something that they feel is not representative of the brand (yes always exceptions). keeping in mind that they are more likely to make something out of the ordinary for a VIP that will pay for it when it comes. If you are not a known entity and they order you a tri color croc in weird colors and you dont buy it --they dont want to be stuck with it

Hi all, I am new to TPF and also a new Hermes buyer. I am just wondering if anyone can kindly let me know what are the general rules (or direct me to the appropriate thread) for placing special orders for Hermes bags at your local store. I have made numerous small Hermes purchases and have been lucky enough to be able to buy an HAC recently. However, I am really interested in getting a bi-colour handbag and I understand that it will have to be a special order. I am interested in knowing in general when a local store will consider placing a special order for a customer. Also, when they agree to place a special order for a customer, do you get to choose all the details including the colours (including bi-colour) and types of leather? Will they let you know once they have placed the special order for you? How long does it normally take for your special order bag to arrive? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

I don't know the exact specifics, but this is my understanding of how SOs work:

1) You need to have a known relationship with the store you're ordering the SO from. This means knowing the SM or anyone higher than that, and also being known for buying. If you buy a scarf once a month, over a period of 12 months, that can hardly count as being a VIP. You say you've made numerous small purchases over the years... what is your definition of small? (I ask because, my definition is a twilly/scarf, but others' definition of small is a Kelly pochette in croc, LOL)

2) The SM has to be willing to place the SO for you. Which comes down to their quota. I understand that stores have a certain number of quota for SOs. So if you are not a VIP, they most probably would not want to use their quota on your SO, to be fair to their VIPs who may also want to place SOs.

3) Most of the time, it's by invitation only. You cannot waltz into the store, and ask for an SO.

(If I am wrong in any of the above, someone please correct me - this is merely my own understanding of the situation)

I think stores sometimes use their SO quota for "standard" bags because they do not have clients who desire something truly unique.

Also, stores tell clients that they are "special ordering" a bag for them, but if it is available at podium, it is ordered then because it is simpler and does not use one of their SO slots.