a special order question to the special members

the problem is that there is no guranteed way to get an SO (i explained that to a friend via pm lately) it is a combination of your shopping behaviour you "bond" with the sales assistant/manager and timing. so´s are just that rare(much rarer than podium orders)
the best way is to "befriend" one sa buy things you love from that one sa also they seems to love to either educate you on the various skins traditions etc and they love if they can feel your appreciation for the brand and also notice when you let your knowledge shine a little bit throug kwim?
also timing is key if you are not vip it is best to inquire once the lists for so´s are basically empty (read after each so period) they are more likely to offer you a place on theri so list when their is enough space left for vip clients last minute inquieries kwim?

but one notice though as hard as it may sound usually a store does not work like you can "order "things at your whim. that goes for podium orders and special order especially. they prefer to take notes on what you would like for podium and so´s are usually offered to you(or you are invited for rare exotic colors ,new colors etc) . like they know you love xy and they know chances are nil you would get it via podium they maybe say well she is a good loyal customer a h fan etc so we will give her a so quote so her dream can come true
in no ways it is your turn to "demand" a special order kwim.

again i hope i am coming along the right way and not snobby etc it is just that on tpf there are a lot of loyal clients and by only reading the threads one might get the impression that podium and special orders are a piece of cake and easily done . in reality it is not that easy. the people on here are mostly loyal clients of h for many years and as a result get the bonus of gettign their dream bags . i just wanted to point out that in genaral
of course i do keep my fingers crossed that one day you will get you specially made dream bag !

last thing though as your last chance their are always recommended resellers who also might be helpful in your search for you dream bag. for some albeit substantial markups it is the way to go as it would be cheaper in the long run if you know what i want to say

lilach, thanks for the info! it really helps to understand how H works and how I should work with them! thanks again! :hugs:

pink.diamond.la, yes, pretty please! please do post a pic! it sounds terribly exciting already -> ostrich + toile

just want to add my two cents... it is my experience that sometimes this rare combo pieces are priced HIGHER than regular leather piece. i recently came across two jypsiere pieces in toile + normal leather trim combo (not a very rare combo, imo, mind you!) however, the leather was trimmed similar to the showcase Kelly (that is like a binding edge, not just in whole panels like the birkin shown in this thread). as a result, i was advised that the workmanship required is SIGNIFICNATLY higher and this is reflected in the price! it is HIGHER than all leather jypsiere! :wtf:

does anyone know if this is an exception or the norm in the world of H?

Last edited:
lilach, thanks for the info! it really helps to understand how H works and how I should work with them! thanks again! :hugs:

pink.diamond.la, yes, pretty please! please do post a pic! it sounds terribly exciting already -> ostrich + toile

just want to add my two cents... it is my experience that sometimes this rare combo pieces are priced HIGHER than regular leather piece. i recently came across two jypsiere pieces in toile + normal leather trim combo (not a very rare combo, imo, mind you!) however, the leather was trimmed similar to the showcase Kelly (that is like a binding edge, not just in whole panels like the birkin shown in this thread). as a result, i was advised that the workmanship required is SIGNIFICNATLY higher and this is reflected in the price! it is HIGHER than all leather jypsiere! :wtf:

does anyone know if this is an exception or the norm in the world of H?[/QUOTE]

Yea! Come to think of it, my barenia/toile birkin was priced about 100 euros more than the all leather birkin. Not much difference but I was quite shocked at first as I thought leather/toile combos would be cheaper. Guess not!