A first classic flap - advice

cruise blue is more of a French/periwinkle blue so it may be too close to what you got - it didn't pop enough for me but very pretty.

The 16S bright blues are much more saturated and pops with a beautiful electric blue. there were 2 different shades in 16s for caviar vs lamb (diff color code despite both say bright blue) - both gorgeous. Both hard to ignore - they demand attention every time I wear them! :lolots:

Did you get a bag in the 16s blue in lambskin? Do you have pics? Your chevron was caviar right?

Thanks - yeah I wear my current red bags a LOT, but I already have two which makes me fee a little silly getting a third. But yeah, like you I feel like red is the most classic if I'm not going for black or beige.
I have four red bags and wear them a lot. I think the key with multiples in any color is to have them in different styles. So if you don't have a red Chanel (or red flap bag), I vote the red. If you do, I vote the blue. I have two electric / cobalt blue bags and they wear surprisingly well as almost a neutral.

Did you get a bag in the 16s blue in lambskin? Do you have pics? Your chevron was caviar right?

Hello - :yes: both are from 16S Spring collection. The chevron is M/L caviar in bright blue, and the square mini is lamb bright blue - but the 2 are different colors! I have reveals below for them respectively that took photos under different lighting for each :smile: On page 2 of the chevron reveal, I added a picture of them side by side at indoor lighting comparison wise. On page 2 of the square mini, I added a photo of it at outdoor natural sunlight at someone's request too.

The 16C is more of a softer French/periwinkle blue in comparison to these 2 from 16S, especially under indoor/softer lighting. there were a few threads comparing these blues back in april or so timeframe. HTH!

Chevron blue
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/2nd-pre-birthday-present-reveal-join-the-celebration-938407.html

Square mini blue
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/a-mini-pre-birthday-reveal-937510.html

Sorry for waking up this thread again, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone for your ideas and advice!

I do love both the red and the blue, but I realized that what was holding me back from the blue is that a navy blue would really appeal to me more. And I came across this pic of a navy reissue - I'm going to hold out to get this bag if it ever comes out again or I find it pre loved.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463949964.699095.jpg

So instead, I am going to get the 16C raspberry red in a jumbo!!! Thanks to @calflu, I was able to order one from Saks. Can't wait. Thank you all again!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463950418.719523.jpg

Sorry for waking up this thread again, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone for your ideas and advice!

I do love both the red and the blue, but I realized that what was holding me back from the blue is that a navy blue would really appeal to me more. And I came across this pic of a navy reissue - I'm going to hold out to get this bag if it ever comes out again or I find it pre loved.

View attachment 3362658

So instead, I am going to get the 16C raspberry red in a jumbo!!! Thanks to @calflu, I was able to order one from Saks. Can't wait. Thank you all again!

View attachment 3362665

I have also had my eyes out for a navy reissue with GHW- it's beautiful! Congratulations on your new CF!

Wooo congrats on your new CF! We were just talking wishlist too lol. I missed this thread when you originally started it but I would've said red and then blue.. Which is what I did haha currently still searching for my blueee. So happy for you and your new red though [emoji7]

Hello - :yes: both are from 16S Spring collection. The chevron is M/L caviar in bright blue, and the square mini is lamb bright blue - but the 2 are different colors! I have reveals below for them respectively that took photos under different lighting for each :smile: On page 2 of the chevron reveal, I added a picture of them side by side at indoor lighting comparison wise. On page 2 of the square mini, I added a photo of it at outdoor natural sunlight at someone's request too.

The 16C is more of a softer French/periwinkle blue in comparison to these 2 from 16S, especially under indoor/softer lighting. there were a few threads comparing these blues back in april or so timeframe. HTH!

Chevron blue
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/2nd-pre-birthday-present-reveal-join-the-celebration-938407.html

Square mini blue
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/a-mini-pre-birthday-reveal-937510.html

Thank you so much for this!!! I've been wanting to add a blue to my collection, I have only seen 16C IRL and was a bit disappointed. It was very pretty but not what I was looking for. Now I know I'm in search of some 16S goodness [emoji51]

View attachment 3362658

View attachment 3362665

[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻 glad to help

I'd recommend you to get reissue pre-owned!

Reason is that reissue doesn't hold value so it's best to get pre-owned! Learned my lessons!!!!