$600 for Chanel sunglasses... too much?

The model is 6026B. They come in black, brown and white. They have the small swarovski crystal CC's on both sides of the arms and then "rays" coming out on both sidesof the CC's. Go check ebay for a pic. Just type in the model number I gave you.

I love em!

I tried a pair of those on and loved them. Why do you have to pay $600 for them? I thought they were a lot less than that?

I tried those on too, and they're the best fitting Chanel sunnies for my face! The reason they're so $$$$ is due to the crystals. I love the shape and the fit, but don't like the bling of the crystals. And I can't bring myself to pay that much for a pair of sunnies that I might drop or lose. So I'm waiting for them to release sunnies like that without the blingy sun ray crystals. They fit great though, huh?

I just spent $510 on LV sunglasses. I was in love with the ones you are talking about but already have two paris of Chanels so thought I should get some different sunnies.

I justify it by, I have a hard face to fit, I don't like that many pairs of sunglasses and I wear them nearly every day! So for something that gets that much use, I think its fine.

If I was only going to wear them a few times a month, than I'd say its a bit much.

I personally would pay that much money if I’d have the chance. Especially on a pair of Chanels; my favorite kind of sunnies :yes:. Also, if it’s the only thing you can find that fits you, then I definitely say go for it!

Just make sure to keep them in good condition... sunglasses have a tendency to get scratched easily. :crybaby:

I know which ones these are and tried them on too. I absolutely loved them! They looked great on and I wanted them, but just couldn't fork out $600!!! I do have several other pairs of Chanel's and couldn't justify it.

it IS expensive, but it's all relative.
I personally can keep the same pair of sunnies for years and years w/o losing or damaging them, so I don't mind spending a lot on them.
I know the pair you're interested in, check w/ your local optician, they usually sell them slightly less and for some reason they don't charge tax;)
Mine is this way anyhow :biggrin:

I purchased them and I love them. All of my other Chanel sunnies have been in the $300-$400 range, but I especially like these so I paid the extra $$ for them.
They are really good lookin' sunnies!

I have a different version of the pair you're talking about. They were $600 and I don't regret it for one minute:

frontchglasses.jpg

ccglassesside.jpg

I don't think it's too much as long as you take good care of your sunglasses. There was a Chanel pair I lusted over recently but they didn't fit perfectly ... i was so bummed! They had the beautiful quilted pattern on the side ... <sigh> I loved them and they were about $750 CDN! So I would go for it because they will last a LONG time and there is such a difference in lense quality from more expensive brands to less expensive brands (atleast that's what I've noticed).