$600 for Chanel sunglasses... too much?

I would be nervous paying $600 for sunglasses. I don't really consider a luxury item worthy of so much money since they can break, go out of style quickly and get dirty so easily. But if you have money to fling around, why not?

Thanks to all for your honest opinions and great advices.

CHEENA50: I went to Amazon as you had recommended and you are correct, they are cheaper. Amazon had it for $399. But do you know it's authentic?

I'll have to think about it. If I do decide to get them, I'll update you and provide you with pictures.

thanks again ladies!

If you have the money and are willing to truly baby your sunnies then I say go for it!

Personally I wouldn't because for my budget those are a bit too expensive for sunglasses. I also tend to drop things a lot. My poor Dior sunnies are so strong, they've been dropped dozens of times. :sad:

DITTO !!! I HAVE THESE IN BLACK AND I LOVE THEM
THEY ARE A GREAT ALL YEAR ROUND PAIR.. WHERE I LIVE WE GET SNOW, SO THEY ARE GREAT FOR SKIING...
IF YOU HAVE TO BREAK THE BANK TO GET THEM- NO ITS NOT WORTH IT, BUT IF YOU'VE GOT IT FLAUNT IT !!!
I LOVE MY BLACK ONES AND NOW WANT THE RED/MAROON ONES.

I have a different version of the pair you're talking about. They were $600 and I don't regret it for one minute:

frontchglasses.jpg

ccglassesside.jpg

ITA. I recently had to break the $300 barrier for sunnies as I tended to drop/break/lose quite a bit. With the higher price tag, thankfully that stopped.

If $600 is not a financial hardship for you and you really love those sunnies and would wear them all the time then go for it. Otherwise, no!

i would really be scared of wearing an expensive pair of glasses only cuz i've lost every single pair i own (or break) :lol: right now i'm wearing a piece of crap sunglasses but maybe i'll own a pair of chanel sunnies soon... heheheh

nice glasses, I say go for it ! I have 2 pairs of Chanel sunnies and they were around 375 each. Some people think thats nutts, what ever buy what makes you happy if you can afford it and you and your family wont go hungry , then enjoy. lol

I think it's all relative. Some people are aghast over sunnies that are over $100, $200,$300, etc. Lots of people think that spending 1-5K on a handbag is ridiculous- but we don't let it bother us so why would spending $600 on sunnies be too much?

For me personally I wouldn't mind spending $600 on a pair of sunnies if 1) They fit my face perfectly like no other pair can 2)I plan on wearing them all the time and 3) if they make me feel great. Those are my only three requirements for anything I purchase, really - no matter what the price tag, even if it was a $10 shirt!