5 People That You Encounter While Shopping

customers i get at sears:
1. the cell phone people

2. yes i get as well the ones that decide when they get to the counter, oh i need this, oh wait this one has a loose string, umm can i quickly go grab another one.... grrrr how do you not notice this before you are paying?

3. i get the impatient people who demand that i help them out even if i am already clearly helping someone else(these are usually people that come in to not shop but make a freakin credit card payment, walk out to the mail box and mail it already instead of bothering me and yelling at me since i am helping an actual customer instead of taking your discover card payment at the register

4. i get the customers that come to yell at me because how another sears stores employees treated them or told them the wrong info! ahhhh

5. or how about the ones that come in just to say how they hate this store, give us the finger and walk out haha (yes i have witnessed this a couple times)

6. how about the parents that dont watch their children, let them run around, scream their heads off, hide under racks, knock things over, spill stuff on the floor, etc... grrrrr I get the ones that are watching their children who spill their drink or whatever on the floor and just walk away

7. then we have the customers who just throw their trash everywhere, like used spoons with ice cream still on them and they just place them down and ice cream gets on stuff, gross!!!

8. i get the old retired employees that come just to complain how when they worked here 50 years ago, it was like blah blah, well sorry pops its not 50 years ago its now and things change haha

9. how about the ones that come in like its a flea market and say i will give you this amount of money for this, and they are for real! haha

10. the customers that want something off for everything, even if there was a tiny dot on something that nobody would notice, they demand 10 percent off, it looked like a tiny freckle on something haha

I can sooo relate. Or how about people who are just pissed off and want the rest of the world to join them in their bubble of self-loathing.

You forget the angry stomping ladies. Theyre mad about something and theyre stomping as theyre walking across the mall. You usually hear them before you see them, and they usually have a pissed off or *****y look on thier face. And sometimes if you're lucky you see the bf/hubby following closely behind with thier heads down looking at the floor.
I ve seen this! i also saw once a lady like this yell at her husband like he was a child in front of everyone! i felt embarassed for him

We also have to greet every customer at the store, and i hate the oens that like give you the evil eye just for saying hi to them. they give you this dirty look and tghen turn their head and keep walking, which i think is plain rude! This happened once, and this new girl was talking to me about then after how she was a walmart greeter. a hour or so later when they were leaving the lady had the nerve to come up and yell at her saying she made rude remarks about them not saying hi, and that she should just deal with people giving her dirty looks and not saying hi back when you greet them. I personally always at leas say hi back when someones says it even if i am having a bad day, since its the polite thing to do. not glare at them and then walk away. that just bugs me, how people can be so cold! oh well

Don't forget those women who wear tons and tons of cheap nasty perfume! You can smell them a mile away. Cheap perfume gives me the worst headaches.

Ugh, you are SO right! It is even worse being pregnant and smelling that. I actually gagged the other day on someone's perfume when I was in line at the grocery store.

OK, I do have two to add - 1) I HATE when people walk to the left in the mall, going against mall traffic and then crashing into people. Then, THEY are the ones to give the dirty look or nasty comment. Walk to the right, people - same way you drive!! (Obviously this pertains to U.S. mall walkers only). 2) People who stand right in front of the elevator door until it opens (especially with a stroller). Doesn't common sense say that you need to empty the elevator of people before you try to squeeze more people on?

1-The mobile phone person "which color for the toilet paper?"
2-The aggressive woman who has to frenetically look through clothes within your personal space (you know with a bit of "get out of my way, I don´t care for others" look and gestures)
3-The slow and undecisive person : he/she enters a shop, he/she stops right in the middle while deciding where to go....
4- The giggling teens taking the monopole of the accessories area while you´d like to have a look too....

No, really it is not. What is rude is to think that everyone who is out shopping loves dogs and/or is not allergic to them. When I go to out shopping, I am expecting to be in stores, not the freaking zoo.

Sweety there are people that stink at the mall..My dog would most likely smell better. Everyone is allergic to something, but you dont see them hiding in there home. Since when are dogs in zoo's?

But why? I think a lot of people (including the OP and myself) are just curious as to the reason behind it :yes:

My dog is very attached to me and gets depressed if I am not home (I know this because when my mom is home she tells me that he wont eat and all he does it cry)...Yup I didnt want him to be taught like this, but now have no choice..So whenever I go to the mall I take him with me (The bag he is in is very large). When hes out with me he is not tourchered...He actualy likes it. He does not bark nor does her jump around the place:lol:
There is always going to be someone that doesnt agree with me, but oh well. Hes my dog..I care for him.

^^ Uggs kill me. I'm glad that they look bad on me so that I'm not tempted to fall into the fad :Push:

Same here, they make my legs look like tree stumps! LOL!

Another one: the DH who was sent off in the beginning of the mall visit to go to other stores like APPLE...but have returned a bit too soon or at the wrong moment as you are paying.... :sweatdrop:

YES! This has happened to me!

this thread is really entertaining!

over here in Hong Kong you get the newly wealthy mainlanders (or the ones with sugar daddies). they yell at each other even when they're next to one another. they'll also yell ACROSS the store. they shop in hoards. if they see you looking at something they will try to snatch it and buy it (it's happened to me a few times in Chanel and other higher end stores) they will squat on the floor when they are tired. they will push you out of their way. they have no concept of lining up at the cashier. when you are trying clothes on they have no qualms about pointing and staring out your outfit and clearly judging you. one more thing: they are usually wrapped head-to-toe in designer wear that SCREAMS the label.

Sounds like the asian version of the Beverly Hillbillys! I think I ran into some in Las Vegas.

My dog is very attached to me and gets depressed if I am not home (I know this because when my mom is home she tells me that he wont eat and all he does it cry)...Yup I didnt want him to be taught like this, but now have no choice..So whenever I go to the mall I take him with me (The bag he is in is very large). When hes out with me he is not tourchered...He actualy likes it. He does not bark nor does her jump around the place:lol:
There is always going to be someone that doesnt agree with me, but oh well. Hes my dog..I care for him.

I totally agree with you..my dog has anxiety issues so when I can take him with me, I do .. Ive never had anyone complain, quite the opposite actually people ALWAYS want to see him, hold him, pet him, etc. and he is so well behaved, never jumps out, never barks, hes usually sleeping and sometimes SAs and stuff notice him after like 10 minutes and say stuff like WOW you have a dog in there? I didnt even see him, hes so well-behaved! Plus, he is a poodle and doesnt shed so noone can come tell me theyre allergic, and do you really think youre going to start an allergic reaction from my just passing you by with my tiny dog in a closed bag??...yeah right. And to the poster who asked WHY would we bring our dogs..why not? People bring their children shopping and he is like my child, actually hes alot less annoying than 99% of children out in shopping malls.

let's not have the dogs-in-stores fight, ok? we've had it before and had to shut down threads because of it, and i think everyone else is enjoying this thread, so let's just get off of it.

i'm guilty of the cell-phone-in-stores faux pas. i don't like to walk around with my ipod in because i can't hear anything around me, so sometimes if i want to be left alone in a particular store, i'll just call my mom or a friend and chit chat for a few minutes.

the ones that get on my nerves are the lookie-loos in stores like Saks or NM that want to complain LOUDLY about how ridiculously priced everything is like they're the only ones in the entire place with any sense. if you don't want to look at and possibly purchase expensive things, Saks is not the place for you. Go back to JCPenney so I can't hear you complain.