35cm ostrich ...

can't you see this 35 bj birkin IRL? you would know once you try it on in front of a mirror. i would bring a similar color/intensity 30 birkin for comparison.

i have no idea if they will make bj ostrich in the future but seems to me that they would since bj is such a classic hermes color.

good luck!

I love the chic look of 35cm Birkin in exotics, but...35cm birkins can be very heavy after stuff the bag...Sometimes, I have to ask my DH to carry it for me, then he is like ":wtf: :Push: OMG, you want me to walk around with this bright pink bag!"...Heeheehee:graucho: ...He looked cute with 'Bright pink bag':P

For you MrsS...30 only...don't compromise. (especially in an exotic)

KB, I slept on it and woke up feeling more confident that I should pass on this bag. It's just too bad that it's not in the size that I want. And I truly value what orchids has said. I will truly be miffed at myself if Hermes should issue a new blue some time in the future for the ostrich that I could possibly get in a 30cm.

Thank you so much for making sense to me. I love this forum.

I have ostrich in both sizes, and I can seriously say that the 35 has "presence", so if you felt overwhelmed by your VL 35 (is it in a dark colour?), you'll feel even more so with the ostrich 35.

I'm at the stage where I'm considering the 40s, but I would never do it in an ostrich, as I think it would be too OTT.

You could always acquire a pair of 12 cm platforms and then you would be the perfect height to pull off the 35! :P

Seriously though, I don't think that ostrich bags are all that hard to come by. If you're slightly patient, they will come your way. A 30 that is used and loved for years would be infinitely better than some instant gratification that turns out to be the wrong size.

wong, my 35cm VL is in ebene. It's unlike ebene in the other leathers. It looks like chocolate. In fact, when Pete sold it to me (brand new), he said it was chocolate and so I thought so too. Then a couple of months after that, and I checked the leather swatches for VL, I realised it's actually ebene. Yeah, you're right. As I already feel that a non-exotic 35cm wears me as opposed to I wearing the bag, it's so highly likely that an ostrich will consume me!

If this ostrich birkin was in a completely different colour, seriously I wouldn't even put forth this for discussion. It just has to be in Blue Jean! And that messes up my head. Anyway, I am so thankful for all this discussion to hear all the views. I cannot take a 35cm and it's final, final, final! Period. Someone better kick me if I talk about 35cm ever again!

I didn't see this thread until now!

MrsS, you definitely made the right choice. I have seen a 35cm ostrich and it's my colour (fuchsia)! Although ostrich is not heavy in 35cm, I passed it up because it's just too big and it looks funny being so structured in such huge size.