35cm ostrich ...

MrsS: I second Wong, 30cm is your preferred size and 35 might be too big for you. Moreover, ostrich is more "stiff" compared to togo or clemence, so it might look even bigger. I hope you find your dream blue ostrich birkin in size 30 soon. :flowers:

MrsS, FWIW...I love all the blues in ostrich. Not sure why. I am not a blue person, but something about them...
Here is the shot you requested. I am 5'6".

Thank you, Pepper for your picture! Your 35cm's look perfect on you. You're taller than I am, I'm just about 5'3" so proportions-wise, I don't think I will look as good. That said, I think I will find time tomorrow to take a picture of myself with my 35cm VL, and let you all be the judge.

An ostrich 35 in a non-neutral colour is definitely eye catching and would look larger than a dark bag. I've had that experience with mine.

I understand that your preferred size is a 30. And that your leather 35 Birkin is being listed for sale since you don't feel comfortable with the size. In that case perhaps you should just wait for an ostrich in a 30, otherwise you would be repeating your size mistake again.

Yes wong, I think I know what you mean exactly. I remember you have a cognac ostrich. But I don't remember the size you have. What I remember is that you're taller than I am, and that in itself is a great advantage for a 35cm.

My 35cm VL is being listed alright. I had only used a couple of times it's not funny. I think I am conscious that the 35cm overwhelms me. That's why I think I am being awfully fickle and silly here, to even open up this discussion of the BJ ostrich in 35cm, well knowing that it's the 30cm that I would be jumping up and down for. Largely, it's because it's the colour I want, and god knows when I can ever be offered a BJ ostrich again .... hence the dilemma. If only I can buy and have it shrunk to size! Silly me. Or me, growing 3 more inches, be it side ways or vertical! :roflmfao:

MrsS: I second Wong, 30cm is your preferred size and 35 might be too big for you. Moreover, ostrich is more "stiff" compared to togo or clemence, so it might look even bigger. I hope you find your dream blue ostrich birkin in size 30 soon. :flowers:

princessfrog, I need a crystal ball right now .... to be able to foresee the future that Paris will resume making ostrich in blue jean.

MrsS, i think you need to be 100% comfortable with the size, if not, it takes away a fair bit of love for the bag, IMHO. Like what wongnumber said, the fact that you're selling your 35cm regular birkin speaks volumes about how much you like that size, and coupled with the more eye-catching ostrich skin, are you sure you'll feel absolutely comfortable carrying it around?

if the 30cm BJ ostrich is meant to be yours, it will appear in your life sooner or later... :yes: and at the end of the day i'm pretty sure you're going to get conflicting opinions about whether you should get this bag or not, but we're not you, and ultimately only you can decide if this size thing is going to be issue.

good luck deciding, i know how tough it can be!!!

I think you have the answer to your question, it's the BJ color that is tempting you and making you second guess or even consider the 35.

Having said that, with the new colors coming out for AW2007, maybe there might be hope somewhere down the line? Another question, Bleu India in Ostrich.. is it as muted as BJ?

MrsS, why don't you hold out for a 30cm in cobalt or bj ostrich? One will certainly come along eventually. It doesn't sound like you would be happy with a 35cm.

Pepper, you are one hot lady! You look amazing!

Yes wong, I think I know what you mean exactly. I remember you have a cognac ostrich. But I don't remember the size you have. What I remember is that you're taller than I am, and that in itself is a great advantage for a 35cm.

My 35cm VL is being listed alright. I had only used a couple of times it's not funny. I think I am conscious that the 35cm overwhelms me. That's why I think I am being awfully fickle and silly here, to even open up this discussion of the BJ ostrich in 35cm, well knowing that it's the 30cm that I would be jumping up and down for. Largely, it's because it's the colour I want, and god knows when I can ever be offered a BJ ostrich again .... hence the dilemma. If only I can buy and have it shrunk to size! Silly me. Or me, growing 3 more inches, be it side ways or vertical! :roflmfao:

I have ostrich in both sizes, and I can seriously say that the 35 has "presence", so if you felt overwhelmed by your VL 35 (is it in a dark colour?), you'll feel even more so with the ostrich 35.

I'm at the stage where I'm considering the 40s, but I would never do it in an ostrich, as I think it would be too OTT.

You could always acquire a pair of 12 cm platforms and then you would be the perfect height to pull off the 35! :P

Seriously though, I don't think that ostrich bags are all that hard to come by. If you're slightly patient, they will come your way. A 30 that is used and loved for years would be infinitely better than some instant gratification that turns out to be the wrong size.

MrsS, I think you would be upset at yourself if somewhere down the road H issues a fabulous new blue in ostrich and you had a chance at a 30 in it. I have found that if I have a very specific image in my mind of what I want and compromise that I usually don't give up that initial quest and wind up with one too many if you KWIM. ;) From your modeling pictures, I think the 30 really suits you--esp. in ostrich.

mrss - i have a fuschia HAC ostrich that i think the body is soo much taller than a birkin 35. i'm 5'4" tall and it looks fine on me even in such a bright color.

i have to find a picture of me toting it and i'll post it for reference. but in the meantime, if you're really comfortable with a 30, stick to it.