3 weeks later still no package... should I continue to wait for ask for refund?

cheweyvy

O.G.
Sep 21, 2007
Hi all -

I bought something from eBay August 13th and paid immediately on the same day. Seller is a very nice person, and we emailed each other a lot before I decided to buy from her. However, she didn't ship the item out until August 19th due to the storm in Florida and had lost touch with be between 8/13-8/19. According to her the storm hit their area pretty bad and she didn't have internet service, and had to travel to family home for shelter, etc.

She sent me the tracking info on 8/19 when she said she shipped the package out. A week later, I still didn't get the package and the tracking still says "Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received". I called her and spoke to her on the phone for more than 1/2 an hour (she was very friendly, btw) and had ensured me that if the package got lost/stolen, she will refund me 100%.

So I decided to wait another week or so. She told me her USPS guy is looking into it, but is guessing that the package is delayed due to the storms in Florida. I checked again today, and the status of the package still says the same thing. I emailed the seller this morning, and she replied right away and said she is very positive that the package will get to me soon. According to her, she shipped out 5 packages that day, all of them were delayed and 3 just delivered to buyers. 2 are still missing (I'm one of them). She gave me an option for refund or continue wait for the package to arrive at my door.

I am so confused. I really wanted the item I bought; not refund. But I am really worry now that after 3-weeks still nothing. What do you all think I should do? Please advise.......

Thanks!

Well it is a difficult situation for her but you dont want to be out of money either. Have you tried accepting the refund and holding it for a period of time and hopefully pay again once the item is received?

^^
I might wait until the beginning of next week since she said that three others that went out with yours were just delivered, but I agree with the above advice. Ask her for a refund, but tell her that if you do receive the package (and if she needs reassurance, remind her that she will be able to check since the tracking info will change when it is delivered), you will be happy to send her the funds back.

Well it is a difficult situation for her but you dont want to be out of money either. Have you tried accepting the refund and holding it for a period of time and hopefully pay again once the item is received?

I didn't ask for refund, but she offered it over the phone (verbally). She asked me let her know if I wanted my money back or continue wait for the package.

^^
I might wait until the beginning of next week since she said that three others that went out with yours were just delivered, but I agree with the above advice. Ask her for a refund, but tell her that if you do receive the package (and if she needs reassurance, remind her that she will be able to check since the tracking info will change when it is delivered), you will be happy to send her the funds back.

The thing is, I purchased BIN using Microsoft cashback. If she refunded me now, and if the package ended up at my door next week, then I loses the cashback deal. You know what I mean?

^^^ wait a few more days. I have family down there and they were hit really hard too. Also this past Monday was a holiday (Labor Day)- hence USPS is still catching up.

Good luck.

Yea... that is difficult! I would give it a little longer in that case. You still have time to file if needed. I am not sure how much mail has been affected coming out of Florida because of the storms. It could be it made it out of FLorida only to get caught somewhere else on the shore.

So that you don't lose the cash back I would wait, otherwise my advice would have been to file yesterday.

Thanks Coachfreak, lovinalotofbags & txcoach!

Normally it takes 2-3 days from Florida to New York. Right now has been 2-3 weeks since the package was mailed. :sad:

Again, I rather get the package than get a refund. But how long do you guys think I should wait the latest? Until next Monday? What is my max days to file claim if I must?