2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (9 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them by color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2023) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 11: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 18: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 25: Purple & Pink

Mar. 3: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 10: Green

Mar. 17: Black

Mar. 24: Gray

Mar. 31: White & Cream

Apr. 7: Brown & Tan

Apr. 14: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 21: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 28: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation

I was invited to a Ferragamo client event today. Decided to carry this lovely bag.
I love how each of your bags has embellishments that make them distinctly "yours". Tell us all about the event, please! :smile:

Nope. I give up. 🤬
I've been having this problem for months. It's so annoying. To upload the last pics I took, I updated my OS, then updated my browser. That allowed me upload exactly 1 small picture here (any more and I got the dreaded error message). So I made a collage of my pics and posted a single screenshot of them. It was far too much effort for a small bag reveal.

I've contacted Admin when I had this problem in the past and they were able to fix it immediately. It may be worth considering doing that. It took 1 message and like 3 mins for them to resolve the problem, lol.

I'm sure your new bag is gorgeous and hope you'll be able to share it soon. :smile:

Edit: I'm trying to figure out if Flying Squirrel is a bag brand or if it's a novelty bag shaped like one, lol.

I'm sure your new bag is gorgeous and hope you'll be able to share it soon. :smile:

Edit: I'm trying to figure out if Flying Squirrel is a bag brand or if it's a novelty bag shaped like one, lol.
LOL, it is neither. It's an inexpensive bag made from a fabric featuring a flying squirrel on the print. I wasn't even able to attach the photo in a private message for Paper Tiger to post, so I will see if Vlad can help.

Question:
When you buy or rediscover a bag that's quite different to the one(s) you've been wearing, how challenging is it for you to style?
Interesting question. Recently, I’ve found myself liking/buying colors I haven’t in the past. But I am fundamentally still into structured handbags. So, there has been a challenge with figuring out what colors go with what. Strangely (and conveniently) my son is very good at knowing which colors complement each other.

Thank you @jblended. Yes, I haven’t been as active commenting. Work is challenging/longer hours/less resources and we’ve started into travel baseball season (currently on a 5 day trip supporting my younger son, it was an 8 hour drive from home).

I still enjoy popping in and catching up on the conversations and eye candy. :hugs:
Good luck in travel baseball season @More bags :smile:
Years ago, I did something similar. . .the accommodations and restaurants left much to be desired.

Interesting question. Recently, I’ve found myself liking/buying colors I haven’t in the past. But I am fundamentally still into structured handbags. So, there has been a challenge with figuring out what colors go with what. Strangely (and conveniently) my son is very good at knowing which colors complement each other.

That's very interesting. I had no bright red bags until a couple of years ago. Which colours are you newly liking.

It's great when you have someone who you can really trust.

I wore my new Balenciaga to Saint Laurent last night to an event after work. And the rest of the crowd wore Hermes LOL. Not a Saint Laurent bag in sight. Last night was fun, more because a friend spontaneously decided to come along. So nice to go out, even if just to a shopping event. It helped the clothes and everything were really nice.

WARNIG: Downstairs they had a beautiful new variation of the SdJ

View attachment 5990993View attachment 5990995

As you can see, it's very me and so so nice IRL (annoying). I need to keep telling myself, it's black, black black I have 100 black bags, I have dome bags, little, med and large dome bags, I (probably) have better, and I've just blown the budget on the opposite (mad, slouchy, crinkly, silver). I also need to remind myself how expensive these crazy prices are. I can buy one thing, maybe two, but more is just stupid. I'm gonna go through some more things this weekend and do some tidying-up to distract myself.

It's still cold here and I keep being too optimistic. Yesterday, I wore some leather shorts, LS-tee under a wool polo sweater and a Saint Laurent trench. I think I looked OK, but ended-up was cold once the sun went down.

I wore a little brown pouch today over vintage tweed dressage tail-coat over denim shorts-(told you I was optimistic)-leggings and the wool polo-neck sweater and wooly hat. I was supposed to go food shopping but I couldn't stand the thought of it when it came to it, so it just turned into a long walk and talk with a prospective project partner.

I think the Bal will look better without a full-length coat, and I can't wait. I've been wearing structured/semi-structured hop-handles, plain shopping totes or cross-bodies all Winter long. Now I have a slouchy, slightly messy silver tote I feel like I have to rethink. I could have worn it today because it'll look great with the old tweed jacket, but I already looked mad enough with my wooly hat so went with brown pouch. One crazy-lady feature is enough per outfit (until I get to Iris Apfel level of 'crazy' lady).

Question:
When you buy or rediscover a bag that's quite different to the one(s) you've been wearing, how challenging is it for you to style?
This is an extension of the Sac du Jour line? Ooohkay… I’m not seeing the connection for them to position it as such. In any case, it’s a beautifully classic and sleek bag but I don’t see it as special. Yet, you already have a number of special black bags. I can see why this would appeal but don’t think this meets your criteria for new acquisitions elevating / enhancing your overall collection.

Re: your question on incorporating a different style of bag. I haven’t found it to be an issue. But, I think that’s because of several factors. First, I’d never buy bags that are polar opposites of my style (like something boho or country or lacy/fluffy romantic) because I uniformly don’t like those styles. Second, my clothing is flexible for the range I like (feminine to classic to edgy) because it all has uniting characteristics (cut and construction lead over pattern and color, etc). And lastly, I’m always envisioning potential outfits as I analyze whether or not I want to buy the bag.
I think yellow, green and blue are the hardest colours for bags. Luckily because brands create lots of blues, I have perfect warm, stormy and clear navy blues. Light olive, jade and warm-leaning mid-vibrant green (basically H Bambou) are my greens. We have been more lucky with greens more recently, But Yellow? Really limited choices. I have the perfect yellow belt (vintage Trussardi) and somewhere I have a Sergio Rossi clutch, but how gorgeous to have a sunny yellow bag in the summer, especially to wear with blue and/or white all Summer. Hard work paid off.

You have great style. I have been trying to do part of men's tailoring-style for a few years. Not suggesting your motivation is the the same, but one reason I like tailoring is because however messy or plain I dress, throwing on a sharp Jacket, or wearing jeans with a white shirt etc always makes it more work appropriate.

Sloppy bag-lady/man is actually quite fashionable atm, but better on someone's 5'10" and above. Average height gals like me just look a bit donkey-like with big coats and big bags IMO. Slim, long, sharp coats also don't work with Mz Le City Bal on the shoulder but OK in-hand, it's going to be a learning curve but I'm determined to crack the (dress) code.
Yikes. Sloppy bag lady is fashionable. :tdown:This is exactly why I choose to be uniquely my own style and not trendy.

I was invited to a Ferragamo client event today. Decided to carry this lovely bag.
View attachment 5991339View attachment 5991340
I’ll share pics of any goodies I pick up.
What a beautiful and unique bag!

I’ll be battling foundation repair at our main home along with work over the next two days. So, I’ll share my April results a little early.

This was a fun month! :happydance: I completed a full evaluation of my handbag collection, weeded out underperforming bags, sent bags in for repair and purchased bags from past seasons / collections that I love. And, I’ve already seen my happy quotient and bag rotation go way up!

APRIL RESULTS

Bags
• 8 bags purchased
• 5 bags listed for sale
• 2 bags sent for repair
• 1 bag TBD - I’m looking for a repair option but so far I’m being told the bag can’t be fixed :crybaby:

Accessories
• 1 pair sunglasses purchased
• 1 pair of sunglasses listed for sale
• 1 SLG purchased

Jewelry
• 2 pieces purchased

Given the large number of ins, I’m holding to no more than one (preferably zero) bag in this year. My focus will shift to a radical update to my clothing. It really needs the help following Covid and my career shifts over the last decade. I really haven’t added much of note in the past few years.

April results

Bags-0 in, 0 out

However, my dear Niece turns 21 in June(she’s actually in Germany until July).
But I’m planning to buy a new bag(and SLG?) and gift her a set of mine when she’s back for her birthday.

FJ-0
Although I lost my beautiful Siamese cat Tammy in January and next year will commemorate her life with a new ring.

RTW
4 out, 3 in
I still need more summer clothing and like @Sparkletastic will do a more radical shake up to my F/W 2024/5 RTW closet.

This is an extension of the Sac du Jour line? Ooohkay… I’m not seeing the connection for them to position it as such. In any case, it’s a beautifully classic and sleek bag but I don’t see it as special. Yet, you already have a number of special black bags. I can see why this would appeal but don’t think this meets your criteria for new acquisitions elevating / enhancing your overall collection.

Re: your question on incorporating a different style of bag. I haven’t found it to be an issue. But, I think that’s because of several factors. First, I’d never buy bags that are polar opposites of my style (like something boho or country or lacy/fluffy romantic) because I uniformly don’t like those styles. Second, my clothing is flexible for the range I like (feminine to classic to edgy) because it all has uniting characteristics (cut and construction lead over pattern and color, etc). And lastly, I’m always envisioning potential outfits as I analyze whether or not I want to buy the bag.

Yikes. Sloppy bag lady is fashionable. :tdown:This is exactly why I choose to be uniquely my own style and not trendy.

What a beautiful and unique bag!

I was surprised they called such a different bag a SdJ too. I think it's SL's answer to the he Row's Margaux. This 'SdJ is heavier on the ghw though. I wouldn't even know what

I think I have a few core styles, e'g' my footwear tends to stay consistent but I do like to play.

Yup, oversized-everything, Gen Z style, and not always on a lady.

Reactions: jblended
I’ll be battling foundation repair at our main home along with work over the next two days. So, I’ll share my April results a little early.

This was a fun month! :happydance: I completed a full evaluation of my handbag collection, weeded out underperforming bags, sent bags in for repair and purchased bags from past seasons / collections that I love. And, I’ve already seen my happy quotient and bag rotation go way up!

APRIL RESULTS

Bags
• 8 bags purchased
• 5 bags listed for sale
• 2 bags sent for repair
• 1 bag TBD - I’m looking for a repair option but so far I’m being told the bag can’t be fixed :crybaby:

Accessories
• 1 pair sunglasses purchased
• 1 pair of sunglasses listed for sale
• 1 SLG purchased

Jewelry
• 2 pieces purchased

Given the large number of ins, I’m holding to no more than one (preferably zero) bag in this year. My focus will shift to a radical update to my clothing. It really needs the help following Covid and my career shifts over the last decade. I really haven’t added much of note in the past few years.

Congratulations on everything new, I can't wait to see your new RTW and how you work with your new/new-to-you bags.