2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (9 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them by color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2023) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 11: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 18: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 25: Purple & Pink

Mar. 3: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 10: Green

Mar. 17: Black

Mar. 24: Gray

Mar. 31: White & Cream

Apr. 7: Brown & Tan

Apr. 14: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 21: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 28: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation

I almost never buy branded jewelry but saw some items I loved in Tiffany’s which ended up coming home with me. I’m blaming this lapse in approach on my nosiness about Tiffany’s RTT handbags which I’ve been wanting to see in person.

While the bags were a little too “novelty” for me, I did pick up this adorable zip card case.
View attachment 5985540View attachment 5985541
I realized I haven’t bought an SLG since 2018. :huh: I change bags almost daily but only change from my wallet to my card case if the wallet won’t fit in my bag. So, with this, I only own 3 SLG’s - which works for me.

I think it’s super cute but the leather is thin and the quality not close to that of my Dior and Chanel pieces. I can only recommend it if you have a special love for the iconography of the Tiffany’s brand.

I think, in this case, it's all about the colour. I think it's very cute - :congrats:

Sparkle’s Metallic Bags

This is my week!!!! There is no bag I love more than a metallic one! I could be happy with 100 metallic bags so I have to keep my crazy contained. :lol:

I discussed my gold options a couple of weeks ago when I was debating the Jimmy Choo but this is my actual gold collection:

• Chanel New Medium Boy in perforated light gold lambskin w/light ghw
• Chanel square mini classic flap in light gold lambskin with ghw
• Dior 2021 Holiday Minaudière w/ sidecare lip color holder
• Dior 2023 Holiday Minaudière
View attachment 5985790
I would like to add a more casual gold bag in a different (non rectangular) shape.

My silver bags
• Dior Diorama in silver patent microcannage with shw
• Miu Miu small shopping tote in pewter lambskin with shw
• Fendi Vitello Catalan Mirror Flowerland Tube WOC in Argento w/shw View attachment 5985791
The Fendi is the only one of my metallics that has scratches but, happily, they’re hidden by the busyness of the appliqué florals.

And, drumroll, please! 🥁 🥁 🥁

Presenting bag #I-can’t-remember-anymore from my shopping spree!

• Miss Dior Sliding Chain in crinkled metallic Marine calfskin and shw!!!!!
View attachment 5985792
View attachment 5985806
I am hopelessly in love :love:

As many of you know, I have a deep passion for Miss Dior Sliding Chain bags and this makes #4 in my collection. She’s incredibly special to me because she’s one of the more rare editions of this line and she’s my first colored metallic bag. I’m wowed by the rich blue exterior and luscious pink watermelon leather interior.

Fun facts: With the bag included, this photo actually has the color palette I use in our main home - mixed neutrals (greys, creams & black) made inviting with lots of deep navy and bordeaux. This pic also shows off my favorite accent pillow - my sparkly ghostie. :roflmfao: She provides me with giggles in otherwise supposedly sophisticated room decor.

You are famous for your metallics, and WOW, that blue is a cool but hot, sexy but elegant piece that leaves me speechless (and you know how hard that is :biggrin:)

I have about 10 pages to catch up on in here! It's great to see everyone posting regularly again. :smile:

I'm in a weird spot with regards to my bag closet. I think I may have actually achieved purse peace! :amazed: :faint:

Here's what is happening:
1- I wanted to add a grey bag this year. My siblings just gifted me the most perfect (preloved, but excellent condition) grey camera bag for my 41st birthday (today). Goal achieved!

2- I wanted another little Flash Kelsey (MbMJ) and found one for next to nothing in great condition. After thinking about it for ages, I realized I don't want to repurchase it. I had it, loved it and let it go. If I'm going to add anything, it'll be something different and it should be an upgrade.

3- Found an affordable preloved Mini Pandora (Givenchy) in yellow. The style and colour would tick 2 things off my wish list, but the store owner wasn't there the first time I wanted to look at it, and then wouldn't let me handle it the second time I went in. Decided I'm not bothered enough to try again. I'm certainly not purchasing it without holding it first and checking its condition. I'm also unable to authenticate it so that puts me on edge.

4- In searching for a yellow bag, I noticed the Hammitt Evan in yellow. Buuuuut, I own 4 Hammitts already, and I haven't seen it irl. If I grabbed it, I'd wait for their sale when it's 40% off. I'm not very moved by it even though it's the right shade of yellow for me, likely because I have the others and there's only so much of that hardware one can take. :P

5- Found one of my very, very special HG bags. An old Paco Rabanne that I almost bought on sale years ago, but missed out on it because I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much at the time. I'm not a fan of the newer stuff they put out and this bag was the only one that I loved from the brand. It's in good condition and the price is fair, yet I'm not interested in buying it. I feel like I'm insane. I've wanted it for years and now that I can finally own it, I'm kind of okay with just admiring it from afar. What is wrong with me? :hrmm:

6- Found 2 Henri Bendel No. 7 camera bags at the local consignment shop, selling for a song. I could even trade one of my bags for them, so it costs me nothing. They both need a tiny bit of rehab that I can easily manage. One's GHW, while the other's SHW so, I have my pick. I have loved this bag for ages and yet again, I'm not pouncing. I don't need another camera bag, do I? :hrmm:
@whateve You have this bag, don't you? Do you find the chain strap is heavy or noisy? I think that's why I'm hesitating.

So, my collection sits at the same number (I gifted a bag and received one), and I think I'm content. I am still contemplating the Rabanne and the Bendel, because both are rare to find in this condition and price, but I feel like I'd be fine if I missed out on both. :shrugs:

Edit: Not sure if this is some form of depression/apathy given how stressed I've been with my mum's health, or if I'm really just content and satisfied with my collection at this point. I never thought I'd pass up the Rabanne if I ever found it in good condition. Will I regret letting these great finds pass me by? I honestly can't say.

It's not wrong to pass on something you thought you wanted for years, it happens more than you think

Congratulations on your new grey bag, how lovely you were gifted it too.

Bag #11 of the Shopping Spree 10 er, um… 12

While this adventure has yielded good outcomes, I will never, ever, ever do another shopping spree. :whut: I’m hopeful that this infusion of variety and functionality will keep me sated for the next 5-7 years allowing for the casual, infrequent, one off addition or deletion.

Jimmy Choo Cheri WOC in red velvet with shw & crystals.

This bag is spot on brand for my wardrobe :giggle: lush, feminine without being childish, fun, bold with clean lines. My clothes are “architectural” in nature and I rely on my bags in large part to be feminine & playful punctuation marks. This bag will do just that and be festive and cozy during the cooler weather months. Now I need a muted silver blouse, dress or gown for holiday events. I can’t wait!
View attachment 5986066View attachment 5986067
This bag is also why the Versace is going back. While they differ in level of formality, they both needed to fulfill similar functions in my closet - be a whimsical addition of unserious fun that maintains or elevates the level of my collection. The JC fits in with the ethos of my other bags. The Versace “felt” more juvenile and of lesser quality and intent. :shrugs:

Glad it's a yes to this JC, she (got to be a she) is super-glam

I have no idea what her deal is. She just looked me up and down and said she won't bring it out of the case unless I pay for it first. If I wasn't satisfied, I could request a refund but it would take 30 working days to process. I was just like: :shocked: No, thanks, keep your bag. :blah:

and there I was thinking Givenchy wasn't doing very well at the moment, obviously they don't need customers. Like WHAT!?! Crazy! :shocked:

Hello everyone. I missed posting my March stats but have nothing remarkable to report as far as my bag collection goes. March was an interesting month- we had family visiting and the flu made its rounds here at that time too. Surprisingly I didn’t catch it for which I am grateful.

My apologies if my writing sounds disjointed but my relatively new laptop has been giving me trouble and I am posting from my phone but I am not a fan of posting via the phone. I can’t even find any emoji’s! Hopefully I will be able to post more often once my laptop is working properly.

@baghabitz34, so happy to hear the good news about your new job.
@Sparkletastic, wow, loving your shopping spree! The cheri woc is fab and you know I share your love for the sliding chain miss Dior bags.
@papertiger, that’s a stunning knot! Love it.
Hoping your husband is making steady progress towards good health.
@jblended, purse peace is good. Hope you and your mom are resting and recovering well.

I haven’t caught up thoroughly yet but wanted to stop by and say a quick hello. Will post more once my laptop is back. Please excuse any typos in the meantime.

Bag #11 of the Shopping Spree 10 er, um… 12

While this adventure has yielded good outcomes, I will never, ever, ever do another shopping spree. :whut: I’m hopeful that this infusion of variety and functionality will keep me sated for the next 5-7 years allowing for the casual, infrequent, one off addition or deletion.

Jimmy Choo Cheri WOC in red velvet with shw & crystals.

This bag is spot on brand for my wardrobe :giggle: lush, feminine without being childish, fun, bold with clean lines. My clothes are “architectural” in nature and I rely on my bags in large part to be feminine & playful punctuation marks. This bag will do just that and be festive and cozy during the cooler weather months. Now I need a muted silver blouse, dress or gown for holiday events. I can’t wait!
View attachment 5986066View attachment 5986067
This bag is also why the Versace is going back. While they differ in level of formality, they both needed to fulfill similar functions in my closet - be a whimsical addition of unserious fun that maintains or elevates the level of my collection. The JC fits in with the ethos of my other bags. The Versace “felt” more juvenile and of lesser quality and intent. :shrugs:
Lovely!

Wow! That just made everything click for me! Thank you so much. Everything you said makes perfect sense.
Thank you for the support and your encouragement to just enjoy this little bit of respite. It's a good place to be in. Even though I turned to rejigging my collection for stress relief, I am finding there is even more relief in not needing to mess with it at all! What a breakthrough!

You nailed it! I struggled with this decision to finally figure out what was holding me back, and you just zeroed in on it!

I will. I'm having issues uploading pictures here but will keep trying until I do. It's very quirky, so perfect for me.

I have no idea what her deal is. She just looked me up and down and said she won't bring it out of the case unless I pay for it first. If I wasn't satisfied, I could request a refund but it would take 30 working days to process. I was just like: :shocked: No, thanks, keep your bag. :blah:

Ah, thank you very much! The ones in the store have the chains wrapped up in tissue paper, so I couldn't tell how much they'd clink when lifted and set down. I think I might really struggle with the noise they make. The sound of metal really sets my teeth on edge.
Edit: I just realized that you wrote that in plural! I thought you just had the one black camera bag (iirc). It's great that you have more. That quilting is so special! Your collection is phenomenal. :smile:

Stunning! :loveeyes:
I used to have 3 No. 7 bags. One was a tote. The shape wasn't best for me and it was starting to wrinkle so I sold it. The buyer was thrilled. Only the black one is a camera bag style. The blue one is a flap bag and is a little bigger than the camera bag. I think it looks a little dressier than most of my bags and I lead a casual lifestyle so I almost only use it when we're going out to a nicer place.

You guys are the first to see my mew to me neon lizard knot (2010), yes, I found one :yahoo:
Tomorrow better photos (dark and yellowy light here now)

View attachment 5986243
OMG! This is gorgeous!!! This screams papertiger and I’m screaming along with it!!!! To find something this vibrant in a vintage reptile skin is a huge win.
You are famous for your metallics, and WOW, that blue is a cool but hot, sexy but elegant piece that leaves me speechless (and you know how hard that is :biggrin:)
I feel humbled by your comment as your collection is truly TDF. I’m realllly thrilled I found this bag. It just feels “right”. :hbeat:

I have about 10 pages to catch up on in here! It's great to see everyone posting regularly again. :smile:

I'm in a weird spot with regards to my bag closet. I think I may have actually achieved purse peace! :amazed: :faint:

1- I wanted to add a grey bag this year. My siblings just gifted me the most perfect (preloved, but excellent condition) grey camera bag for my 41st birthday (today). Goal achieved!

2- I wanted another little Flash Kelsey (MbMJ) and found one for next to nothing in great condition. After thinking about it for ages, I realized I don't want to repurchase it. I had it, loved it and let it go. If I'm going to add anything, it'll be something different and it should be an upgrade.

3- Found an affordable preloved Mini Pandora (Givenchy) in yellow. The style and colour would tick 2 things off my wish list, but the store owner wasn't there the first time I wanted to look at it, and then wouldn't let me handle it the second time I went in. Decided I'm not bothered enough to try again. I'm certainly not purchasing it without holding it first and checking its condition. I'm also unable to authenticate it so that puts me on edge.

4- In searching for a yellow bag, I noticed the Hammitt Evan in yellow. Buuuuut, I own 4 Hammitts already, and I haven't seen it irl. If I grabbed it, I'd wait for their sale when it's 40% off. I'm not very moved by it even though it's the right shade of yellow for me, likely because I have the others and there's only so much of that hardware one can take. :P

5- Found one of my very, very special HG bags. An old Paco Rabanne that I almost bought on sale years ago, but missed out on it because I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much at the time. I'm not a fan of the newer stuff they put out and this bag was the only one that I loved from the brand. It's in good condition and the price is fair, yet I'm not interested in buying it. I feel like I'm insane. I've wanted it for years and now that I can finally own it, I'm kind of okay with just admiring it from afar. What is wrong with me? :hrmm:

6- Found 2 Henri Bendel No. 7 camera bags at the local consignment shop, selling for a song. I could even trade one of my bags for them, so it costs me nothing. They both need a tiny bit of rehab that I can easily manage. One's GHW, while the other's SHW so, I have my pick. I have loved this bag for ages and yet again, I'm not pouncing. I don't need another camera bag, do I? :hrmm:
@whateve You have this bag, don't you? Do you find the chain strap is heavy or noisy? I think that's why I'm hesitating.

So, my collection sits at the same number (I gifted a bag and received one), and I think I'm content. I am still contemplating the Rabanne and the Bendel, because both are rare to find in this condition and price, but I feel like I'd be fine if I missed out on both. :shrugs:

Edit: Not sure if this is some form of depression/apathy given how stressed I've been with my mum's health, or if I'm really just content and satisfied with my collection at this point. I never thought I'd pass up the Rabanne if I ever found it in good condition. Will I regret letting these great finds pass me by? I honestly can't say.
Happy Birthday @jblended !
Thinking of you and your mom and hoping that you are taking some time to enjoy the day! Hugs

I cross the finish line exhausted but with a huge WIN! Thanks for coming along with me on this wild journey!

Bag #12 of the Shopping Spree 10 (whoopsie!) 12.

Just as my new red velvet Jimmy Choo makes me excited for the upcoming wintry, holiday season, this last bag throws a sangria in my hand and screams let’s go have summer fun!!!

Loewe small Gate Dual shoulder bag in tan calfskin and raffia w/ghw.

By the gods above & below, I LOVE this bag!:panic: I’ve wanted a perfect summer handbag for years but couldn’t settle on one. This is 100% it! I can wear this with casual or mid dressy sundresses. And if she wasn’t so pretty, I’d even take her to sit by the pool.

I’m impressed by the construction and by both the stylistic and practical detailing. For example, having a stealth back pocket is perfect to keep my phone easily accessible but secure and out of the way. And the side-latched metal pin which gives the bag its name is super adorable. No question, I will be adding another of these Gate bags to my collection. :biggrin:IMG_7443.jpegIMG_7445.jpegIMG_7446.jpegIMG_7444.jpeg
So, the final tally of the SS12 was 6 keepers and 6 returns. While I expected a higher percentage of winners, I can say I’m over the moon happy with what I’ve acquired. I’m also happy I didn’t let the fever convince me to keep good bags that aren’t good for me.

Along the way I’ve also been aggressively evaluating my existing collection. I’ve identified six bags that are perfect candidates for repair or upgrades which will transform them once again into beloved favorites. More on those changes as I complete them over time. :nuts:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hugs: Glad you got a beautiful bag for your birthday!

You guys are the first to see my mew to me neon lizard knot (2010), yes, I found one :yahoo:
Wow wow wow!!!! Wear it in good health!:love:
and there I was thinking Givenchy wasn't doing very well at the moment, obviously they don't need customers. Like WHAT!?! Crazy! :shocked:
To clarify, this was a consignment store. I can't afford Givenchy straight from the actual store. :P
They lock up the more expensive bags in cases and will take it out for you if you request to see it. I think she assumed I'm not a serious buyer. She was wrong. I've wanted a mini panda for years and years, and I'm searching for a yellow bag that isn't a flap or tote. This would have been perfect for me and I would likely have bought it on layaway.
At any rate, I was seriously wondering how on earth I could get it authenticated since there's no TPF thread for this and no authentication service for Givenchy around me. I know this is a bag that is heavily faked, so I guess the store owner did me a favour by taking it off the table.
Still was a lousy move, though.

@jblended, purse peace is good. Hope you and your mom are resting and recovering well.
Thank you. I still count my lucky stars every day that she's home. Best birthday present I could have had was being able to hug her again.:love:
Happy Birthday @jblended !
Thinking of you and your mom and hoping that you are taking some time to enjoy the day! Hugs
Thank you soooo much, dear 880.:love:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hugs: Glad you got a beautiful bag for your birthday!
Thank you, Jen! :love:
I can't wait to share a pic. It's a grey camera bag from Paul Smith. I still can't upload pics here :annoyed: and I can't find it online to share a stock photo either (it must be quite old).
My collection has changed a fair bit in a short time so I'll post an updated picture at some point and mark out all the new oddballs I've got now. :smile: