2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (9 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them by color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2023) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 11: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 18: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 25: Purple & Pink

Mar. 3: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 10: Green

Mar. 17: Black

Mar. 24: Gray

Mar. 31: White & Cream

Apr. 7: Brown & Tan

Apr. 14: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 21: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 28: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation

Sparkle’s Metallic Bags

This is my week!!!! There is no bag I love more than a metallic one! I could be happy with 100 metallic bags so I have to keep my crazy contained. :lol:

I discussed my gold options a couple of weeks ago when I was debating the Jimmy Choo but this is my actual gold collection:

• Chanel New Medium Boy in perforated light gold lambskin w/light ghw
• Chanel square mini classic flap in light gold lambskin with ghw
• Dior 2021 Holiday Minaudière w/ sidecare lip color holder
• Dior 2023 Holiday Minaudière
View attachment 5985790
I would like to add a more casual gold bag in a different (non rectangular) shape.

My silver bags
• Dior Diorama in silver patent microcannage with shw
• Miu Miu small shopping tote in pewter lambskin with shw
• Fendi Vitello Catalan Mirror Flowerland Tube WOC in Argento w/shw View attachment 5985791
The Fendi is the only one of my metallics that has scratches but, happily, they’re hidden by the busyness of the appliqué florals.

And, drumroll, please! 🥁 🥁 🥁

Presenting bag #I-can’t-remember-anymore from my shopping spree!

• Miss Dior Sliding Chain in crinkled metallic Marine calfskin and shw!!!!!
View attachment 5985792
View attachment 5985806
I am hopelessly in love :love:

As many of you know, I have a deep passion for Miss Dior Sliding Chain bags and this makes #4 in my collection. She’s incredibly special to me because she’s one of the more rare editions of this line and she’s my first colored metallic bag. I’m wowed by the rich blue exterior and luscious pink watermelon leather interior.

Fun facts: With the bag included, this photo actually has the color palette I use in our main home - mixed neutrals (greys, creams & black) made inviting with lots of deep navy and bordeaux. This pic also shows off my favorite accent pillow - my sparkly ghostie. :roflmfao: She provides me with giggles in otherwise supposedly sophisticated room decor.
Gorgeous metallics, and huge congratulations on your Miss Dior Sliding Chain - what a beauty!

Your recent acquisitions have been great eye candy - wonderful additions to your thoughtfully curated collection.

Ooh! They are all so gorgeous but the Dior is the most amazing! I love blue and metallic blue is even better. It just reminded me that I have a blue metallic bag. I love the leather and color of my bag but not the style so much.
Thank you for the compliments. You’ll have to show us your metallic blue bag!

—////—

Oh wait! I see you did share a picture. Thanks! It’s really a gorgeous color.

I really like the Poppy bucket. For some reason I sold the one I had. :facepalm: It was such a fun bag. I’m glad you still have yours.

Gorgeous metallics, and huge congratulations on your Miss Dior Sliding Chain - what a beauty!

Your recent acquisitions have been great eye candy - wonderful additions to your thoughtfully curated collection.
Thank you for the support as I step out of my comfort zone. I realize I actually purchased 12 not 10 bags: 4 are definite no’s, 1 is still on the way and 7 are keepers…

Buuuuuuut, to your point of being thoughtful, I want to re-evaluate the 7 to determine if I truly will wear them. Some bags are a joy to look at or even possess but ultimately wouldn’t be ones I reach for. And, the last thing I want to do is be frustrated a year from now as I sell them when the “fever” is gone.

So, I’ve identified 3 of the 7 potential keepers that may actually need to go back. In particular, I’m struggling with the pink Versace camera bag. It’s is not really my style and I’m trying to imagine what clothes I’d wear with it. :confused1: In contrast, I’ve already worn the Jimmy Choo black leather bucket twice and have been excitedly planning outfits for the blue Miss Dior. That’s the level of excitement and “fit” I think I need to demand from anything entering my collection. Not questions and slow burns. Hmmmmm…

This is especially the case as there are two more pricy bags I’m interested in. Perhaps it’s better to remove some maybes and just grab something that really moves me.

Last edited:
In particular, I’m struggling with the pink Versace camera bag.

I looked at your picture again and I think I'd have the same issue if I were in your shoes. I know that I'd reach for the Trussardi instead of the Versace every time, and I think it's because the hardware on the Trussardi is a bit more elevated somehow.
The Versace is more casual, both in terms of colour and design, so should be super easy to grab-and-go for simple outings, yet you're not. It's lovely but if you're not using it, it's pointless.
Since you're crazy about the Trussardi (I actually remember you loving it from the older threads), maybe you can find another one in a different colour...?

Perhaps it’s better to remove some maybes and just grab something that really moves me.
That's what I'd say right now. You'd said your goal in this curation was to get pieces that make your heart sing and let go of the ones you think you ought to have. It's a wonderful goal!

Sparkle’s Metallic Bags

This is my week!!!! There is no bag I love more than a metallic one! I could be happy with 100 metallic bags so I have to keep my crazy contained. :lol:

I discussed my gold options a couple of weeks ago when I was debating the Jimmy Choo but this is my actual gold collection:

• Chanel New Medium Boy in perforated light gold lambskin w/light ghw
• Chanel square mini classic flap in light gold lambskin with ghw
• Dior 2021 Holiday Minaudière w/ sidecare lip color holder
• Dior 2023 Holiday Minaudière
View attachment 5985790
I would like to add a more casual gold bag in a different (non rectangular) shape.

My silver bags
• Dior Diorama in silver patent microcannage with shw
• Miu Miu small shopping tote in pewter lambskin with shw
• Fendi Vitello Catalan Mirror Flowerland Tube WOC in Argento w/shw View attachment 5985791
The Fendi is the only one of my metallics that has scratches but, happily, they’re hidden by the busyness of the appliqué florals.

And, drumroll, please! 🥁 🥁 🥁

Presenting bag #I-can’t-remember-anymore from my shopping spree!

• Miss Dior Sliding Chain in crinkled metallic Marine calfskin and shw!!!!!
View attachment 5985792
View attachment 5985806
I am hopelessly in love :love:

As many of you know, I have a deep passion for Miss Dior Sliding Chain bags and this makes #4 in my collection. She’s incredibly special to me because she’s one of the more rare editions of this line and she’s my first colored metallic bag. I’m wowed by the rich blue exterior and luscious pink watermelon leather interior.

Fun facts: With the bag included, this photo actually has the color palette I use in our main home - mixed neutrals (greys, creams & black) made inviting with lots of deep navy and bordeaux. This pic also shows off my favorite accent pillow - my sparkly ghostie. :roflmfao: She provides me with giggles in otherwise supposedly sophisticated room decor.
They are all stunning, but my favorite is the blue Dior.

I have about 10 pages to catch up on in here! It's great to see everyone posting regularly again. :smile:

I'm in a weird spot with regards to my bag closet. I think I may have actually achieved purse peace! :amazed: :faint:

Here's what is happening:
1- I wanted to add a grey bag this year. My siblings just gifted me the most perfect (preloved, but excellent condition) grey camera bag for my 41st birthday (today). Goal achieved!

2- I wanted another little Flash Kelsey (MbMJ) and found one for next to nothing in great condition. After thinking about it for ages, I realized I don't want to repurchase it. I had it, loved it and let it go. If I'm going to add anything, it'll be something different and it should be an upgrade.

3- Found an affordable preloved Mini Pandora (Givenchy) in yellow. The style and colour would tick 2 things off my wish list, but the store owner wasn't there the first time I wanted to look at it, and then wouldn't let me handle it the second time I went in. Decided I'm not bothered enough to try again. I'm certainly not purchasing it without holding it first and checking its condition. I'm also unable to authenticate it so that puts me on edge.

4- In searching for a yellow bag, I noticed the Hammitt Evan in yellow. Buuuuut, I own 4 Hammitts already, and I haven't seen it irl. If I grabbed it, I'd wait for their sale when it's 40% off. I'm not very moved by it even though it's the right shade of yellow for me, likely because I have the others and there's only so much of that hardware one can take. :P

5- Found one of my very, very special HG bags. An old Paco Rabanne that I almost bought on sale years ago, but missed out on it because I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much at the time. I'm not a fan of the newer stuff they put out and this bag was the only one that I loved from the brand. It's in good condition and the price is fair, yet I'm not interested in buying it. I feel like I'm insane. I've wanted it for years and now that I can finally own it, I'm kind of okay with just admiring it from afar. What is wrong with me? :hrmm:

6- Found 2 Henri Bendel No. 7 camera bags at the local consignment shop, selling for a song. I could even trade one of my bags for them, so it costs me nothing. They both need a tiny bit of rehab that I can easily manage. One's GHW, while the other's SHW so, I have my pick. I have loved this bag for ages and yet again, I'm not pouncing. I don't need another camera bag, do I? :hrmm:
@whateve You have this bag, don't you? Do you find the chain strap is heavy or noisy? I think that's why I'm hesitating.

So, my collection sits at the same number (I gifted a bag and received one), and I think I'm content. I am still contemplating the Rabanne and the Bendel, because both are rare to find in this condition and price, but I feel like I'd be fine if I missed out on both. :shrugs:

Edit: Not sure if this is some form of depression/apathy given how stressed I've been with my mum's health, or if I'm really just content and satisfied with my collection at this point. I never thought I'd pass up the Rabanne if I ever found it in good condition. Will I regret letting these great finds pass me by? I honestly can't say.

Last edited:
I looked at your picture again and I think I'd have the same issue if I were in your shoes. I know that I'd reach for the Trussardi instead of the Versace every time, and I think it's because the hardware on the Trussardi is a bit more elevated somehow.
The Versace is more casual, both in terms of colour and design, so should be super easy to grab-and-go for simple outings, yet you're not. It's lovely but if you're not using it, it's pointless.
Since you're crazy about the Trussardi (I actually remember you loving it from the older threads), maybe you can find another one in a different colour...?

That's what I'd say right now. You'd said your goal in this curation was to get pieces that make your heart sing and let go of the ones you think you ought to have. It's a wonderful goal!
Overnight, I decided to return the Versace.

Of all the new bags I decided initially to keep, it’s my least favorite because of the Medusa. I truly wish they had fashioned it in metal. As you correctly identified, the plastic feels less special and less elevated. Also, while my Trussardi feels like a playful twist on something timeless, the Versace feels trendy. Pink is my favorite color ans there are no shoetage of pink bags. This one is just not for me.

Despite the pink not working out, I would definitely consider buying a different model of this bag. The size and functionality are perfect. I can’t say if the leather is high quality (but then Chanel is purportedly using some of the same crafters and leathers as Kate Spade. So where is the supposed line when it comes to any mass produced “luxury” bag?) but it’s chewy and thick. I would consider it for a bag in a color I need but am not dependent on (like the brown) if it comes with metal hardware.
I have about 10 pages to catch up on in here! It's great to see everyone posting regularly again. :smile:

I'm in a weird spot with regards to my bag closet. I think I may have actually achieved purse peace! :amazed: :faint:

1- I wanted to add a grey bag this year. My siblings just gifted me the most perfect (preloved, but excellent condition) grey camera bag for my 41st birthday (today). Goal achieved!

2- I wanted another little Flash Kelsey (MbMJ) and found one for next to nothing in great condition. After thinking about it for ages, I realized I don't want to repurchase it. I had it, loved it and let it go. If I'm going to add anything, it'll be something different and it should be an upgrade.

3- Found an affordable preloved Mini Pandora (Givenchy) in yellow. The style and colour would tick 2 things off my wish list, but the store owner wasn't there the first time I wanted to look at it, and then wouldn't let me handle it the second time I went in. Decided I'm not bothered enough to try again. I'm certainly not purchasing it without holding it first and checking its condition. I'm also unable to authenticate it so that puts me on edge.

4- In searching for a yellow bag, I noticed the Hammitt Evan in yellow. Buuuuut, I own 4 Hammitts already, and I haven't seen it irl. If I grabbed it, I'd wait for their sale when it's 40% off. I'm not very moved by it even though it's the right shade of yellow for me, likely because I have the others and there's only so much of that hardware one can take. :P

5- Found one of my very, very special HG bags. An old Paco Rabanne that I almost bought on sale years ago, but missed out on it because I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much at the time. I'm not a fan of the newer stuff they put out and this bag was the only one that I loved from the brand. It's in good condition and the price is fair, yet I'm not interested in buying it. I feel like I'm insane. I've wanted it for years and now that I can finally own it, I'm kind of okay with just admiring it from afar. What is wrong with me? :hrmm:

6- Found 2 Henri Bendel No. 7 camera bags at the local consignment shop, selling for a song. I could even trade one of my bags for them, so it costs me nothing. They both need a tiny bit of rehab that I can easily manage. One's GHW, while the other's SHW so, I have my pick. I have loved this bag for ages and yet again, I'm not pouncing. I don't need another camera bag, do I? :hrmm:
@whateve You have this bag, don't you? Do you find the chain strap is heavy or noisy? I think that's why I'm hesitating.

So, my collection sits at the same number (I gifted a bag and received one), and I think I'm content. I am still contemplating the Rabanne and the Bendel, because both are rare to find in this condition and price, but I feel like I'd be fine if I missed out on both. :shrugs:

Edit: Not sure if this is some form of depression/apathy given how stressed I've been with my mum's health, or if I'm really just content and satisfied with my collection at this point. I never thought I'd pass up the Rabanne if I ever found it in good condition. Will I regret letting these great finds pass me by? I honestly can't say.
Hurray for purse peace! You have so much going on that it’s wonderful that you see this as a period to rest and enjoy vs. chase & acquire.

And who cares the cause? I suspect it’s less depression and more a healthy reaction to having a lovely collection and letting it be supportive to your mental health vs a source of discontent and craving. Let’s give a round of applause to your subconscious on this one!! (I know the past 3-4 years with so many life changes due to the Covid pandemic and my brain tumor surgery were not ones where I could futz with my bags. So now, after years of inactivity I have the mental “space” to make some adjustments.) Let this be a good resting moment for you. :flowers: You and your mom can enjoy playing with your bags. These are special memories being made.

Re: the Flash Kelsey - I can understand your feeling. Many tPFrs (including me) long for a bag from the past til we realize we can be happy with the memories - a repurchase would just be a misplaced grab at the past.

Please share a photo of your grey bag when you can!

Last edited:

I love my No. 7 bags. I don't carry them much because they feel like special occasion bags and the camera bag is a little small for every day. The chains do make noise. They aren't very heavy though.

Bag #11 of the Shopping Spree 10 er, um… 12

While this adventure has yielded good outcomes, I will never, ever, ever do another shopping spree. :whut: I’m hopeful that this infusion of variety and functionality will keep me sated for the next 5-7 years allowing for the casual, infrequent, one off addition or deletion.

Jimmy Choo Cheri WOC in red velvet with shw & crystals.

This bag is spot on brand for my wardrobe :giggle: lush, feminine without being childish, fun, bold with clean lines. My clothes are “architectural” in nature and I rely on my bags in large part to be feminine & playful punctuation marks. This bag will do just that and be festive and cozy during the cooler weather months. Now I need a muted silver blouse, dress or gown for holiday events. I can’t wait!
IMG_7421.jpegIMG_7420.jpeg
This bag is also why the Versace is going back. While they differ in level of formality, they both needed to fulfill similar functions in my closet - be a whimsical addition of unserious fun that maintains or elevates the level of my collection. The JC fits in with the ethos of my other bags. The Versace “felt” more juvenile and of lesser quality and intent. :shrugs:

And who cares the cause? I suspect it’s less depression and more a healthy reaction to having a lovely collection and letting it be supportive to your mental health vs a source of discontent and craving.
Wow! That just made everything click for me! Thank you so much. Everything you said makes perfect sense.
Thank you for the support and your encouragement to just enjoy this little bit of respite. It's a good place to be in. Even though I turned to rejigging my collection for stress relief, I am finding there is even more relief in not needing to mess with it at all! What a breakthrough!

a repurchase would just be a misplaced grab at the past.
You nailed it! I struggled with this decision to finally figure out what was holding me back, and you just zeroed in on it!

Please share a photo of your grey bag when you can!
I will. I'm having issues uploading pictures here but will keep trying until I do. It's very quirky, so perfect for me.

@jblended - BTW, why in the world wouldn’t the store owner let you touch and inspect the Givenchy? That’s crazy! Is that common in your country?
I have no idea what her deal is. She just looked me up and down and said she won't bring it out of the case unless I pay for it first. If I wasn't satisfied, I could request a refund but it would take 30 working days to process. I was just like: :shocked: No, thanks, keep your bag. :blah:
I love my No. 7 bags. I don't carry them much because they feel like special occasion bags and the camera bag is a little small for every day. The chains do make noise. They aren't very heavy though.
Ah, thank you very much! The ones in the store have the chains wrapped up in tissue paper, so I couldn't tell how much they'd clink when lifted and set down. I think I might really struggle with the noise they make. The sound of metal really sets my teeth on edge.
Edit: I just realized that you wrote that in plural! I thought you just had the one black camera bag (iirc). It's great that you have more. That quilting is so special! Your collection is phenomenal. :smile:

Jimmy Choo Cheri WOC in red velvet with shw & crystals.
Stunning! :loveeyes: