2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

Sparkletastic

Jun 18, 2012
Qo'noS
COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday
• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.
• Show bags individually or in a group
• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week
• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2020) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.
• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS
Feb. 7: Red (including burgundy)
Feb. 14: Orange & Yellow
Feb. 21: Green
Feb. 28: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)
Mar. 7: Violet (including purple & pink)
Mar. 14: Black
Mar. 21: Gray
Mar 28: White & Cream
Mar. 31: Brown & Tan
Apr. 4: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)
Apr. 11: Jeweled and all other embellished
Apr. 18: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation.

JenJBS

Sep 22, 2019
Sigh… so beautiful. I'm getting all misty-eyed. Mr. PG and I lived in Salt Lake City for 27 years before we retired here to the California coast. We would vacation down in Moab, or Zion, whenever we could. We also made it a point to go to the Utah Shakespearean Festival every summer. And (many people don't realize this) there is a LOT going on in the performing arts in Salt Lake City! A terrific symphony orchestra, dance companies, opera, and lots of good theater.
Thank you! :flowers: Mom loves the Utah Symphony, and I love Ballet West. I agree that SLC has a lot of performing arts. Plus the Living Traditions Festival and Art Festival in the summer. I really missed those this year. :crybaby: You'll understand what I'm talking about when I say I live in Bountiful. :smile:

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Thank you! :flowers: Mom loves the Utah Symphony, and I love Ballet West. I agree that SLC has a lot of performing arts. Plus the Living Traditions Festival and Art Festival in the summer. I really missed those this year. :crybaby: You'll understand what I'm talking about when I say I live in Bountiful. :smile:
You live in Bountiful, Utah?

keodi

save mode..on.
O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
The Beauty Bar
I’ve tried blue bags several times but I never seem to get enough wear out of them. Which is weird because I love wearing pink, and blue and pink are one of my absolute favorite color combos.

I will say that I have my eye on a blue bag for later this year, which I suspect will be the one that sticks. This velvet flap is supposed to come out in the Chanel 21A collection and I think it is to die for. Would wear it with rich jewel-tone pink, rich jewel-tone green, black, even some shades of purple....

View attachment 4998582

In other ‘news’, I continue to have luck rotating vigorously through my bag collection since the start of the year. In Jan I wore every bag twice (other than my super summery Coach bag), and I’m on track again for this month.

Today broke this one out... this was one of my Jan purchases that I didn’t show off yet. BV mini pouch in the ‘amaranto’ color, which is a vibrant magenta pink - my favorite shade of pink. The color in this photo is pretty good, but in person I would say there is a slightly stronger purple modifier than this pic would suggest.
View attachment 4998587
That Chanel!:love:
My one green bag - a vintage Alligator - it has the lovliest leather lining.
View attachment 4998603
Lovely bag!:loveeyes::tup:
Well, I completely agree with you about Marco's outstanding customer service. When I decided to buy a bag from him, he was a joy to work with. He found the exact leather I was looking for (NOT on his web site… tucked away in a corner of his workshop) and he made suggestions about the type of hardware that would look good with that leather.

I'm thrilled with my (one & only) MM bag, the Luna, and before the pandemic had me sheltering in place I found myself reaching for it often. Everything about it is perfect.

I've not been tempted by any of his other bags, though. And, while I know many tPF members get all excited about customizing, like mixing a bunch of leather colors together, I must admit I'm generally not crazy about how those customized bags come out. The only way I customized my Luna was to have him make the strap a bit shorter for me, since I'm short. And to add a pocket on the back for my cell phone (but this was already one of the available options, so I assumed it would work… and it did!).

View attachment 4998712
That bag looks nice with your outfit!
Here she is! Better late than never!!! :biggrin:
View attachment 4998943
beautiful Yellow! :loveeyes:

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Yes. Most people have never heard of it. They just know Salt Lake City, where the Olympics were.
DH and I have visited Utah, including upstate, a couple times in the last few years. We like shopping at the thrift stores. A few times talking to people in SLC, when we told them we were going up north, they said, "Why?" like no one goes there.

There was a movie about Bountiful, which is the first I heard of it.

JenJBS

Sep 22, 2019
DH and I have visited Utah, including upstate, a couple times in the last few years. We like shopping at the thrift stores. A few times talking to people in SLC, when we told them we were going up north, they said, "Why?" like no one goes there.

There was a movie about Bountiful, which is the first I heard of it.
And those of us up north of SLC are perfectly happy with that! :cool: Most of the growth, especially in the last 20 years has been west and south of the city, not north.

Cookiefiend

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2021
Jun 6, 2017

Jereni

Dec 28, 2014
I have a Nodini in Amaranto -- I just love the color. It's a chameleon.
I adore it. BV and their colors. And in smooth buttery leather. Not good for my wallet.

My green bags...

Mini Ina by Behno
MiniMAC by Rebecca Minkoff
Bianca by Brandon Blackwood

View attachment 4999041 View attachment 4999045 View attachment 4999046
YUM! The colors of these bags just make me want to go slurp!

There was a season a few years back when BRIGHT vivid green, with a slight hint of minty-ness, was THE color. I can’t remember if I bought anything at the time, but your first bag reminds me of it.

I’m about to go get this Polene purchase done bc all these gorgeous bags are making me green with envy... ha... #seewhatididthere