2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad this post is here, this color(s) of the week is really forcing me to take an inventory of what I have. I did not realize how many green bags I own! I always thought it was a color I lacked and now I realize I have a lot in this color. Clearly a sign for an intervention....
My newest bag, the Coach reissue Ergo 33:
View attachment 4997737
Bleecker large flap:
View attachment 4997740
Legacy Turnlock? This one I'm unsure of the name:
View attachment 4997742
Canteen:
View attachment 4997743
Rogue 25:
View attachment 4997747
Double zip grommet:
View attachment 4997748
Market Tote:
View attachment 4997750

Love your green collection! Green is my favorite color and the posts this week are making me feel silly that I don’t have more of it!

The Ergo and Rogue are my favorites!

I must admit I´m having problems to wear blue handbags, too. I have a few to go with certain vintage outfits, but for everyday use a blue handbag wouldn´t work for me, either.

I struggle with blue bags because I wear a lot of (a) jeans, so I’m not a fan of the blue-on-blue effect, and (b) black pants, and while black goes with everything, there’s a lot of shades of blue that I think don’t look good with black (pastel blues for example).

What was it about the Trotteur? Too stiff?

The Trotteur is for sure a great bag, and it looked GORGEOUS in that stock photo. In person however, it was just a little ‘off’ for me. Strap was a little too short, bag was a little too small, grained leather was a little too dull, etc. Also the green was slightly grassier in person than having the blueish modifier that I was looking for.

In general, while I love Celine and count them as one of my favorite three brands, I typically only like their smooth leather bags. Their grained leather is usually quite matte, and does not feel luxurious to me when that is the case. But I LOVE my smooth luggage tote and my smooth leather ‘big bag.’

I'm glad this post is here, this color(s) of the week is really forcing me to take an inventory of what I have. I did not realize how many green bags I own! I always thought it was a color I lacked and now I realize I have a lot in this color. Clearly a sign for an intervention....
View attachment 4997737
Bleecker large flap:
View attachment 4997740
View attachment 4997742
Canteen:
View attachment 4997743
Rogue 25:
View attachment 4997747
Double zip grommet:
View attachment 4997748
Market Tote:
View attachment 4997750
Gorgeous Greens! I especially like the Ergo & Rogue bags.

Love your green collection! Green is my favorite color and the posts this week are making me feel silly that I don’t have more of it!

The Ergo and Rogue are my favorites!

I struggle with blue bags because I wear a lot of (a) jeans, so I’m not a fan of the blue-on-blue effect, and (b) black pants, and while black goes with everything, there’s a lot of shades of blue that I think don’t look good with black (pastel blues for example).

The Trotteur is for sure a great bag, and it looked GORGEOUS in that stock photo. In person however, it was just a little ‘off’ for me. Strap was a little too short, bag was a little too small, grained leather was a little too dull, etc. Also the green was slightly grassier in person than having the blueish modifier that I was looking for.

In general, while I love Celine and count them as one of my favorite three brands, I typically only like their smooth leather bags. Their grained leather is usually quite matte, and does not feel luxurious to me when that is the case. But I LOVE my smooth luggage tote and my smooth leather ‘big bag.’

I am with you on the difficulty of blue bags. Even though I wear primarily jeans and a good amount of navy on top of that, I find that a blue bag on top of that is too much. A contrast color looks better to me. I have one navy bag I hardly ever wear (thinking of selling it) and one Gucci monogram canvas in navy that offers enough contrast while still being navy that it looks good (plus I really like it!) I listed my Toledo Blue Epi Speedy 25 because I rarely used it because i felt it didn’t go right with jeans and looked off with other colors. That’s why orange or even red looks better as a colorful neutral for me and is used far more.

I am with you on the difficulty of blue bags. Even though I wear primarily jeans and a good amount of navy on top of that, I find that a blue bag on top of that is too much. A contrast color looks better to me. I have one navy bag I hardly ever wear (thinking of selling it) and one Gucci monogram canvas in navy that offers enough contrast while still being navy that it looks good (plus I really like it!) I listed my Toledo Blue Epi Speedy 25 because I rarely used it because i felt it didn’t go right with jeans and looked off with other colors. That’s why orange or even red looks better as a colorful neutral for me and is used far more.

I’ve tried blue bags several times but I never seem to get enough wear out of them. Which is weird because I love wearing pink, and blue and pink are one of my absolute favorite color combos.

I will say that I have my eye on a blue bag for later this year, which I suspect will be the one that sticks. This velvet flap is supposed to come out in the Chanel 21A collection and I think it is to die for. Would wear it with rich jewel-tone pink, rich jewel-tone green, black, even some shades of purple....

E26F7D4F-5971-482F-9722-3B0EB599B106.jpeg

In other ‘news’, I continue to have luck rotating vigorously through my bag collection since the start of the year. In Jan I wore every bag twice (other than my super summery Coach bag), and I’m on track again for this month.

Today broke this one out... this was one of my Jan purchases that I didn’t show off yet. BV mini pouch in the ‘amaranto’ color, which is a vibrant magenta pink - my favorite shade of pink. The color in this photo is pretty good, but in person I would say there is a slightly stronger purple modifier than this pic would suggest.
9CA7D3B2-A131-4CC3-8280-0C84D04E30A8.jpeg

View attachment 4997737
Bleecker large flap:
View attachment 4997740
View attachment 4997742
Canteen:
View attachment 4997743
Rogue 25:
View attachment 4997747
Double zip grommet:
View attachment 4997748
Market Tote:
View attachment 4997750
Oh my gosh - that Ergo is a fantastic green!
I watched a video of a cute way to do it that kept the shape, but I am open to seeing other ways to do it.
I just use Bova knots to tie it to the metal bits on the bag - super easy!

I’ve tried blue bags several times but I never seem to get enough wear out of them. Which is weird because I love wearing pink, and blue and pink are one of my absolute favorite color combos.

I will say that I have my eye on a blue bag for later this year, which I suspect will be the one that sticks. This velvet flap is supposed to come out in the Chanel 21A collection and I think it is to die for. Would wear it with rich jewel-tone pink, rich jewel-tone green, black, even some shades of purple....

View attachment 4998582

In other ‘news’, I continue to have luck rotating vigorously through my bag collection since the start of the year. In Jan I wore every bag twice (other than my super summery Coach bag), and I’m on track again for this month.

Today broke this one out... this was one of my Jan purchases that I didn’t show off yet. BV mini pouch in the ‘amaranto’ color, which is a vibrant magenta pink - my favorite shade of pink. The color in this photo is pretty good, but in person I would say there is a slightly stronger purple modifier than this pic would suggest.
View attachment 4998587
These are both beautiful... but that velvet Chanel! :faint:

I didn't think I had a lot of greens but they have sneaked up on me.
I've had all of these for several years. Michael Kors Uptown Astor, Coach Legacy duffle in emerald, Coach vintage Sonoma small flap in aqua, Coach Chelsea crossbody in turquoise, and vintage Bottega Veneta. My camera doesn't capture blue greens well. These last two are more green than blue.
View attachment 4997979View attachment 4997982View attachment 4997983View attachment 4997984View attachment 4997985

New additions since last year: View attachment 4998009
The nylon bag I got last year as a reaction to covid but I've never used it. The aquamarine Balenciaga day is a gorgeous color that I can't seem to capture. The small bag is a vintage Coach Watson bag. It isn't really as dark as it looks in the picture. You can tell it is green IRL.

ETA: Lately I can't seem to get enough of blue-greens! I love this color.
Beautiful greens! I love the Coach and the Bal.

Finally..grr..Ive been trying to upload photos all day to no avail so I decided to turn on/off my iPad and it worked ..whew...

Here are 2 versions of the watch I have been thinking about.
In photo 1, look at the one at top with the red band..isn’t it pretty? It is 18k rose gold with corresponding price tag. The steel version is in 2nd photo at about 1/3 of the price (photo courtesy of TPFer post). I am definitely eliminating the gold version (right?) and if I get the steel version, I will get the red band. Panerai is an acquired taste ..this is a38mm version that they introduced in part to appeal to the “womanfolk“. I do NOt need another watch but ugh..why can’t I follow the mantra “happiness comes from the absence of desire“ Is that Spock or was it Buddha? Sorry to trekkies and buddhists, how can I get them mixed up?

anyway...that’s my dilemna..to get or not to get. Sigh.

View attachment 4997408View attachment 4997409
They are all very pretty. I do like the rose gold, but I agree with others that stainless steel is "classic" for a watch and lasts forever. I think it will look really great with a red band.

I guess I showed this the other day, but here is my Polene which is my one green bag right now.
View attachment 4997596

Up until last month I also had this green Celine Trotteur, but it was not making my heart sing so I sold it.
View attachment 4997597

A mint green bag is definitely a must for my wardrobe however, so in a few months I may get this Polene to replace it. And for far less so that is nice.
View attachment 4997609
I LOVE the forest green color of your Polene.

Okay, I'll play! After lot of trial and error (and after rejecting MANY Chanel lippies, which I had always assumed were the best) I finally settled on MAC #201 Brave Red, in their Creme Sheen formula. It goes on smoothly, it stays put, and it's flattering to my fair skin tone. It's a true "blue" red, with no brown in it, and also no yellow or orange. It also glides on well without any sort of base.

I have to confess that high-end red lipstick is a bit of an obsession for me. I wear it almost every day even when I don't see anyone but my family. It just cheers me up. I was seasonally analyzed as a "Bright Winter" so I choose colors from my palette that work for my undertone (which is slightly cool and needs bright, clear colors):
  • Tom Ford Cherry Lush (A true cherry red; blueish-pinky red. Beautiful formula; for that price, it should be)
  • Chanel #104 Passion (very true red, slightly cool. Think "classic.")
  • Chanel #102 Palpitante (pinkish-red, but on me, it leans toward dark pink. Goes on more muted than my other lippies. Currently one of my faves-- aptly named).
  • Bite Sour Cherry (dark cherry red. They discontinued this color and I'm very sad about it)
  • Guerlain #21 Cherry Red (do you see a theme here? -- Bright cherry red. Beautiful coverage, and packaging TDF)
  • YSL #11 Rouge Gouache (One of my favorites in terms of shades, longevity, and shine. It is really hard to describe what the color is, but it is beautiful--kind of like a strawberry red. Sadly, they have discontinued it. BOOOO)
Reds that don't work on me:
  • Dior #999 red. This is Dior's classic red but sadly I can't wear it because it looks orange on me! I bet this lippie would look great on anyone who has warm undertones and can rock orange-red. Seriously looking to give it away so it doesn't go to waste but right now during COVID that is not a possibility.

Thank you so much for your kind words @ElainePG! I remember not being able to lift more than five pounds (post hysterectomy). It’s so aggravating, and I hope your recovery from back (?) surgery is quick and easy ! Hugs

@SakuraSakura, congrats on the bao bao! What color or,pattern did you get? Would love to see an action shot!

Green bags: the evelyne is sauge which is a bit hard to photo ( also 35 trim II with coupon indiennes, duo etriers, Bolduc, and cheval sur mon carre cashmere silk GMs). Second pic is hand painted metallic striped ghurka camo backpack (canvas leather) and nylon Prada cross body, vintage from my own closet)
View attachment 4997825 View attachment 4997826
THAT TRIM!

This arrived this week...

Been wanting this bag for a very long time and they were almost all gone in the U.S. so I figured it was time to get it done.

Chanel North-South boy bag. I haven’t been a huge fan of the ‘boy’ line overall, until I this one.
View attachment 4997919

I was only supposed to come off Chanel ban island for this one bag this year. I’ve unfortunately already broken that resolution, but I’ve kept to the rest of my resolutions so that’s good.
Love the N-S orientation! Congrats.