2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh… so beautiful. I'm getting all misty-eyed. Mr. PG and I lived in Salt Lake City for 27 years before we retired here to the California coast. We would vacation down in Moab, or Zion, whenever we could. We also made it a point to go to the Utah Shakespearean Festival every summer. And (many people don't realize this) there is a LOT going on in the performing arts in Salt Lake City! A terrific symphony orchestra, dance companies, opera, and lots of good theater.

Thank you! :flowers: Mom loves the Utah Symphony, and I love Ballet West. I agree that SLC has a lot of performing arts. Plus the Living Traditions Festival and Art Festival in the summer. I really missed those this year. :crybaby: You'll understand what I'm talking about when I say I live in Bountiful. :smile:

I’ve tried blue bags several times but I never seem to get enough wear out of them. Which is weird because I love wearing pink, and blue and pink are one of my absolute favorite color combos.

I will say that I have my eye on a blue bag for later this year, which I suspect will be the one that sticks. This velvet flap is supposed to come out in the Chanel 21A collection and I think it is to die for. Would wear it with rich jewel-tone pink, rich jewel-tone green, black, even some shades of purple....

View attachment 4998582

In other ‘news’, I continue to have luck rotating vigorously through my bag collection since the start of the year. In Jan I wore every bag twice (other than my super summery Coach bag), and I’m on track again for this month.

Today broke this one out... this was one of my Jan purchases that I didn’t show off yet. BV mini pouch in the ‘amaranto’ color, which is a vibrant magenta pink - my favorite shade of pink. The color in this photo is pretty good, but in person I would say there is a slightly stronger purple modifier than this pic would suggest.
View attachment 4998587
That Chanel!:love:
My one green bag - a vintage Alligator - it has the lovliest leather lining.
View attachment 4998603
Lovely bag!:loveeyes::tup:
Well, I completely agree with you about Marco's outstanding customer service. When I decided to buy a bag from him, he was a joy to work with. He found the exact leather I was looking for (NOT on his web site… tucked away in a corner of his workshop) and he made suggestions about the type of hardware that would look good with that leather.

I'm thrilled with my (one & only) MM bag, the Luna, and before the pandemic had me sheltering in place I found myself reaching for it often. Everything about it is perfect.

I've not been tempted by any of his other bags, though. And, while I know many tPF members get all excited about customizing, like mixing a bunch of leather colors together, I must admit I'm generally not crazy about how those customized bags come out. The only way I customized my Luna was to have him make the strap a bit shorter for me, since I'm short. And to add a pocket on the back for my cell phone (but this was already one of the available options, so I assumed it would work… and it did!).

View attachment 4998712
That bag looks nice with your outfit!
Here she is! Better late than never!!! :biggrin:
View attachment 4998943
beautiful Yellow! :loveeyes:

Yes. Most people have never heard of it. They just know Salt Lake City, where the Olympics were.
DH and I have visited Utah, including upstate, a couple times in the last few years. We like shopping at the thrift stores. A few times talking to people in SLC, when we told them we were going up north, they said, "Why?" like no one goes there.

There was a movie about Bountiful, which is the first I heard of it.

DH and I have visited Utah, including upstate, a couple times in the last few years. We like shopping at the thrift stores. A few times talking to people in SLC, when we told them we were going up north, they said, "Why?" like no one goes there.

There was a movie about Bountiful, which is the first I heard of it.

And those of us up north of SLC are perfectly happy with that! :cool: Most of the growth, especially in the last 20 years has been west and south of the city, not north.

I have a Nodini in Amaranto -- I just love the color. It's a chameleon.

I adore it. BV and their colors. And in smooth buttery leather. Not good for my wallet.

My green bags...

Mini Ina by Behno
MiniMAC by Rebecca Minkoff
Bianca by Brandon Blackwood

View attachment 4999041View attachment 4999045View attachment 4999046

YUM! The colors of these bags just make me want to go slurp!

There was a season a few years back when BRIGHT vivid green, with a slight hint of minty-ness, was THE color. I can’t remember if I bought anything at the time, but your first bag reminds me of it.

I’m about to go get this Polene purchase done bc all these gorgeous bags are making me green with envy... ha... #seewhatididthere