2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve tried blue bags several times but I never seem to get enough wear out of them. Which is weird because I love wearing pink, and blue and pink are one of my absolute favorite color combos.

I will say that I have my eye on a blue bag for later this year, which I suspect will be the one that sticks. This velvet flap is supposed to come out in the Chanel 21A collection and I think it is to die for. Would wear it with rich jewel-tone pink, rich jewel-tone green, black, even some shades of purple....

View attachment 4998582

In other ‘news’, I continue to have luck rotating vigorously through my bag collection since the start of the year. In Jan I wore every bag twice (other than my super summery Coach bag), and I’m on track again for this month.

Today broke this one out... this was one of my Jan purchases that I didn’t show off yet. BV mini pouch in the ‘amaranto’ color, which is a vibrant magenta pink - my favorite shade of pink. The color in this photo is pretty good, but in person I would say there is a slightly stronger purple modifier than this pic would suggest.
View attachment 4998587

They are both extraordinary! :faint: :love: :love:

I'm glad this post is here, this color(s) of the week is really forcing me to take an inventory of what I have. I did not realize how many green bags I own! I always thought it was a color I lacked and now I realize I have a lot in this color. Clearly a sign for an intervention....
My newest bag, the Coach reissue Ergo 33:
View attachment 4997737
Bleecker large flap:
View attachment 4997740
Legacy Turnlock? This one I'm unsure of the name:
View attachment 4997742
Canteen:
View attachment 4997743
Rogue 25:
View attachment 4997747
Double zip grommet:
View attachment 4997748
Market Tote:
View attachment 4997750
Love ALL of these. Coach does green really well.

I’ve tried blue bags several times but I never seem to get enough wear out of them. Which is weird because I love wearing pink, and blue and pink are one of my absolute favorite color combos.

I will say that I have my eye on a blue bag for later this year, which I suspect will be the one that sticks. This velvet flap is supposed to come out in the Chanel 21A collection and I think it is to die for. Would wear it with rich jewel-tone pink, rich jewel-tone green, black, even some shades of purple....

View attachment 4998582

In other ‘news’, I continue to have luck rotating vigorously through my bag collection since the start of the year. In Jan I wore every bag twice (other than my super summery Coach bag), and I’m on track again for this month.

Today broke this one out... this was one of my Jan purchases that I didn’t show off yet. BV mini pouch in the ‘amaranto’ color, which is a vibrant magenta pink - my favorite shade of pink. The color in this photo is pretty good, but in person I would say there is a slightly stronger purple modifier than this pic would suggest.
View attachment 4998587
I have a Nodini in Amaranto -- I just love the color. It's a chameleon.

I have to confess that high-end red lipstick is a bit of an obsession for me. I wear it almost every day even when I don't see anyone but my family. It just cheers me up. I was seasonally analyzed as a "Bright Winter" so I choose colors from my palette that work for my undertone (which is slightly cool and needs bright, clear colors):
  • Tom Ford Cherry Lush (A true cherry red; blueish-pinky red. Beautiful formula; for that price, it should be)
  • Chanel #104 Passion (very true red, slightly cool. Think "classic.")
  • Chanel #102 Palpitante (pinkish-red, but on me, it leans toward dark pink. Goes on more muted than my other lippies. Currently one of my faves-- aptly named).
  • Bite Sour Cherry (dark cherry red. They discontinued this color and I'm very sad about it)
  • Guerlain #21 Cherry Red (do you see a theme here? -- Bright cherry red. Beautiful coverage, and packaging TDF)
  • YSL #11 Rouge Gouache (One of my favorites in terms of shades, longevity, and shine. It is really hard to describe what the color is, but it is beautiful--kind of like a strawberry red. Sadly, they have discontinued it. BOOOO)
Reds that don't work on me:
  • Dior #999 red. This is Dior's classic red but sadly I can't wear it because it looks orange on me! I bet this lippie would look great on anyone who has warm undertones and can rock orange-red. Seriously looking to give it away so it doesn't go to waste but right now during COVID that is not a possibility.
We are definitely soul sisters in red lipstick @Kimbashop! Chanel #102 Palpitante was one of my past favourites and YSL #11 Rouge Gouache is my current favourite! :ghi5:
Edited to add: boooo, I didn't know that Rouge Gouache was discontinued! :crybaby:

Well I'm going to shout out some massaccesi love since there has not been much here lately and I live to be ornery.

I've been working with Marco on the current box of goodies ordered earlier in the winter and he offers customer service that is unparalleled. I asked for belts in various widths as well as a bunch of SLGs (he doesn't have belts on his website/e shop) and kids size bracelets for my daughters and monogram embossing, (no mention of monogram service on his website -or childrens items) and he says yes to everything, gave me amazing prices and insisted the girls' bracelets would be a free gift, applied a significant discount to my entire order just because, and even though he needed to invest in a monograming doohickey for offering the exact logo I emailed him (my preferred monogram) , he charged me less than ten dollars per item for monograming and he will keep the doohickey in his workshop for any future orders.

And lambskin linings! Just sayin.

I'll do a reveal when my box arrives in a couple weeks. There will be a dozen leather goodies to do a picture slideshow of! Two purses and the rest SLGs.
Well, I completely agree with you about Marco's outstanding customer service. When I decided to buy a bag from him, he was a joy to work with. He found the exact leather I was looking for (NOT on his web site… tucked away in a corner of his workshop) and he made suggestions about the type of hardware that would look good with that leather.

I'm thrilled with my (one & only) MM bag, the Luna, and before the pandemic had me sheltering in place I found myself reaching for it often. Everything about it is perfect.

I've not been tempted by any of his other bags, though. And, while I know many tPF members get all excited about customizing, like mixing a bunch of leather colors together, I must admit I'm generally not crazy about how those customized bags come out. The only way I customized my Luna was to have him make the strap a bit shorter for me, since I'm short. And to add a pocket on the back for my cell phone (but this was already one of the available options, so I assumed it would work… and it did!).

71BEB214-5AF5-43FE-8DF9-2B2476B35885_1_201_a.jpeg

Thank you! I am trying to carry her in a more casual way... but she insists on being elegant no matter what! :giggle:

Thank you so much!
It’s such a simple shape, I think she can do clean casual better than you think. Not sloppy sweats or booty jean cutoff and tee (I loathe to see Chanel flap worn with this combo- NO, honey, that is not what they mean by “high/low” dressing) casual, but I could see her with jeans and a white tee, fun skirt and tank, or tunic and leggings, for sure!

We are definitely soul sisters in red lipstick @Kimbashop! Chanel #102 Palpitante was one of my past favourites and YSL #11 Rouge Gouache is my current favourite! :ghi5:
Edited to add: boooo, I didn't know that Rouge Gouache was discontinued! :crybaby:
cool!
yes, I found out that Rouge Gouache is no longer offered through YSL. I picked up an extra tube of it when I was at Sephora so that I could stock up.:panic:As far as I know, they still have it in stock, just so you know.

It’s such a simple shape, I think she can do clean casual better than you think. Not sloppy sweats or booty jean cutoff and tee (I loathe to see Chanel flap worn with this combo- NO, honey, that is not what they mean by “high/low” dressing) casual, but I could see her with jeans and a white tee, fun skirt and tank, or tunic and leggings, for sure!
I had to laugh at the booty jeans comment - never gonna happen with me!
But I do wear it with the style of clothing you can see it with - jeans and a white shirt is practically my uniform! :hugs:

Like who even needs 3 boxes of powdered milk?!? But we have them now...
Errrr, you are not alone. I have six one pound bags of bakers dry milk, in case we couldn’t get bread and I had to survive covid making Amish dinner rolls from scratch (never mind that my endocrinologist doesn’t want me eating carbs). It keeps a long time and can be frozen for even longer life, so why not. also can be used as part of a homemade instant cocoa mix with cocoa Barry unsweetened cocoa powder (Whihc I buy in double two pound bags).
I also turn bottles upside down to get the dregs of soap, lotion etc. it would be wasteful not to do so. . . DH doesn’t have to d9 it, bc I do it for him.
I think if one is young and fit, you can do booty Jean cut offs even paired with a chanel CF. Karl certainly sent some runway looks down like this.
@ElainePG, love your customized bag and agree re most overly customized items are not a good idea
@More bags, thank you! I think the trim color is similar to vert anglais, but I’m not certain.
@BowieFan1971, DH tries to avoid sugar and I was borderline pre diabetic, so I use erythritol, and it dissolves best when I whisk a bit with cold water then add boiling water to heat up,
@Cookiefiend, I love your vintage alligator! So stunning! Maybe a casual khaki or olive dress or skirt with espadrilles would make her more casual?

Last edited:
Errrr, you are not alone. I have six one pound bags of bakers dry milk, in case we couldn’t get bread and I had to survive covid making Amish dinner rolls from scratch (never mind that my endocrinologist doesn’t want me eating carbs). It keeps a long time and can be frozen for even longer life, so why not. also can be used as part of a homemade instant cocoa mix with cocoa Barry unsweetened cocoa powder (Whihc I buy in double two pound bags).
I also turn bottles upside down to get the dregs of soap, lotion etc. it would be wasteful not to do so. . . DH doesn’t have to d9 it, bc I do it for him.
I think if one is young and fit, you can do booty Jean cut offs.
I have started using it to make homemade cocoa mix too! DH is a Type 1 diabetic and loves hot cocoa, so I make a mix with stevia so he has a sugar free, natural sweetener mix for his evening treat.

Didn’t know about freezing it...thanks!

Finished kitchen...backsplash behind stove is done, swapped out knobs, added a few decorative pieces, dish towels. Really happy with the results! Now it really ties into the dining area. :smile:
Since I am done for a while, I promise no more pics of my house in this thread!:lol: But it had really given me a positive diversion from all the issues with my mom and grandma. Thank you for your receptiveness and positive feedback. No one else gets to see it in person!View attachment 4989432View attachment 4989433View attachment 4989436View attachment 4989439View attachment 4989445View attachment 4989449

View attachment 4989456
Your house came out great! (And, btw, I just LOVE looking at house pix!)

Yeah, those colors... On that birthday trip my favorite moment was sitting outside one of the coffee shops, drinking hot chocolate, with extra whipped cream since it was my birthday, watching the sun set behind those red cliffs. Just... a prefect, glorious moment. I'm attaching a few pics I took on a previous Mother and Daughter trip.

View attachment 4993213

View attachment 4993214

View attachment 4993216
Sigh… so beautiful. I'm getting all misty-eyed. Mr. PG and I lived in Salt Lake City for 27 years before we retired here to the California coast. We would vacation down in Moab, or Zion, whenever we could. We also made it a point to go to the Utah Shakespearean Festival every summer. And (many people don't realize this) there is a LOT going on in the performing arts in Salt Lake City! A terrific symphony orchestra, dance companies, opera, and lots of good theater.