2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Oh, we do have historical buildings- denkmalgeschützte Gebäude. We live in one. The Denkmalschutzbehörde wants a say in what ever work you do...
Oh, of course, I know we do!
But just meant, many a building that is not listed here would be if in the US... :P

And things have changed I realize, but as a student in Florence I had an apartment in the palazzo of the Machiavelli, where Machiavello himself was born. The things they had done and did to those buildings in Italy! :amazed:
It was a great experience though.

But just meant, many a building that is not listed here would be if in the US... :P

And things have changed I realize, but as a student in Florence I had an apartment in the palazzo of the Machiavelli, where Machiavello himself was born. The things they had done and did to those buildings in Italy! :amazed:
That sounds like an amazing experience!

• Love
Reactions: keodi and 880

That´s certainly right! There are lots of charming old buildings in Germany that got lucky not to be listed.
A friend did a bit of photoshop art with a picture of our listed home.

Bahnhof+Friedland.jpg

Living in Florence must have been an amazing experience! I was in Florence on my 18th birthday on a school trip... would love to go back.

My wallet has arrived!
I´m really happy with it! It even came with the dust bag and a lovely Dior paper bag. To me it looks like never used.

View attachment 4884682
Dior Karenina, 2008

It´ll get some conditioner later and then will move into my handbag.
It’s gorgeous! So happy for you!
@doni, am imagining what it must be like to have lived in a palazzo owned by Machiavelli. . . Wow! :biggrin: Do you have pictures to share? Hugs

I'll be hanging around here until the end of 2020. If there's good deals on purses at thrift stores... can't say no! I'm saying no to sites like Ebay, Poshmark, etc... I've bought a lot of handbags this year - ( 90 percent of my collection is new) - and I have other goals besides purses.
Welcome SakuraSakura, please feel free to share pics of your collection! How exciting to have reworked your collection, what were your guiding principles as you built up your favourites?

Welcome SakuraSakura, please feel free to share pics of your collection! How exciting to have reworked your collection, what were your guiding principles as you built up your favourites?

Thank you for the warm welcome. In terms of my collection I have two sides: practicality and my LE Louis Vuitton collection. I’m allowed to have pieces in my collection that I don’t use frequently if they nourish my senses. I have this beautiful Louis Vuitton IKat ZCP in Rose Indian that I’ve worn a handful of times. Everytime I look at it, I see another layer of colour or another contrasting sparkle. Those are the pieces we should keep. My practical bags are Longchamp backpacks and Marc by Marc Jacobs crossbodies ( particularly the Percy and Isabella.)

Thank you for the warm welcome. In terms of my collection I have two sides: practicality and my LE Louis Vuitton collection. I’m allowed to have pieces in my collection that I don’t use frequently if they nourish my senses. I have this beautiful Louis Vuitton IKat ZCP in Rose Indian that I’ve worn a handful of times. Everytime I look at it, I see another layer of colour or another contrasting sparkle. Those are the pieces we should keep. My practical bags are Longchamp backpacks and Marc by Marc Jacobs crossbodies ( particularly the Percy and Isabella.)
Ooh glad you are joining us. Please show your Vuitton limited edition collection! Also, as you may have noticed, we talk about everything in this thread..most recently we learned about regional differences in real estate transactions. Then there was the sourdough bread. I guess we have interest in more than just handbags..who knew? :lol: Welcome!

I've been spending like there is no tomorrow, not just bags. I did some damage during Amazon prime days. I think surrounding myself with things makes me feel more secure. Many of those things are stuff we can use. I don't like to run out of things and then learn I can't find them. I just ordered some air vent filters. These were getting hard to find because people were buying them to use in masks.

I ordered a bag a few days ago but I don't feel too guilty as it wasn't very expensive; however, I'll feel bad if it gets discounted more in a few weeks.

I bought some more books too. I know I'd save a lot if I switched to an ereader but I'm so used to real books. I like to read in the bath. I would be afraid I would drop the ereader in the water.

Yes me too. I think it’s the stress. I decided to donate to congressional campaigns whenever I felt the itch to buy something new. Plus I’m running out of closet space.
(I also prefer real books to the eReader)

I’ve been buying plants like mad and couldn’t figure out where to plant them (I have a plant acquisition problem) Finally called in a garden designer for a 2 hour consultation and am so thrilled that I have some action items. My garden needs more structure, my plantings are fighting, and I need to add in silvery blues and burgundies. And depending on how Nov3rd turns, I may drink again. I am exhausted!

I'll be hanging around here until the end of 2020. If there's good deals on purses at thrift stores... can't say no! I'm saying no to sites like Ebay, Poshmark, etc... I've bought a lot of handbags this year - ( 90 percent of my collection is new) - and I have other goals besides purses.

That´s a good approach!
Being here has helped me alot to stay away from impulse purchases.
This morning my VC notifications popped up with lots of bags I saved to my watchlist over the time and I was able to happily ignore them all! No, I don´t need any of theses bags!
The ones I already have are much nicer and it makes so much more sense to stick to a holy grail list for well considered purchases- in my case this usually involves them being real bargains- than to impulse buy randomly.