2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

I am so sick of cooking and cleaning! Before covid, we went out to eat nearly every day. Now I'm making 2 meals a day. DH is getting bored with what I'm cooking and expects me to try new recipes all the time. I'm just not motivated. We haven't ventured out to eat, being high risk and living in a high risk area.
Time for DH to learn how to cook :lol:. Like you, I'm just not motivated. I'm lucky that my DH does enjoy cooking so we share duties. I'm just as happy with cheese, crackers and fruit TBH. But I do like to bake, which isn't always a good thing if you're watching waistlines...

I am so sick of cooking and cleaning! Before covid, we went out to eat nearly every day. Now I'm making 2 meals a day. DH is getting bored with what I'm cooking and expects me to try new recipes all the time. I'm just not motivated. We haven't ventured out to eat, being high risk and living in a high risk area.
Oh man - that’s a lot. If I’m cooking, it’s just one meal (but I start at 4 to get it all together by 6) and I try to clean as I go. Our favorite butcher closed (they had extensive water damage from an apartment leak above them) and won’t be opening till hopefully Labor Day. That has put the kibosh on much of my desire to cook... I could make a 45 minute drive to their other locations - but I don’t wanna!! So humbug.
We did/do carry out twice a week or so, and I appreciate that. I’m waiting on carry out right now! :giggle: And wearing a mask.
We (fortunately) aren’t in a high risk area, but both of us have health issues and don’t want to take unnecessary risks.

The other day I was at my favorite mall, not to go shopping. It also houses a group of medical clinics and my ophthalmologist friend goes there. (Everything is okay with my eyes thankfully, though she could not do dilation to probe extensively because I was going to drive ftom there.).
I realized I was still not in a shopping mood! And even if I had the opportunity to eat in the restaurants there (really not a lot of people), I just couldn’t wait to finish my other errands and leave! But I must say in hindsight, since there are not much people there, I feel that it may be okay to shop and dine there after all. Maybe I’ll give it a try next time.

I had a charm bracelet in high school. My parents bought it for me and every time I got a new charm, my dad soldered it on for me, kind of making a mess of it. I didn't like the bracelet at the time as it had hearts all over it.
Fancy a laugh @whateve ? This afternoon I tried to solder my charms to my bracelet and kind of made a mess of it... I´d never had soldered before and had no idea what I was doing. It took me ages to figure it out... well, they are all on and hopefully won´t fall off easily anymore...

I wear mine occasionally - prior to all the current shenanigans. I’m not wearing much jewelry at all these days, just earrings and a watch. But when we’re able to get back out, I should wear it more often.
I did peep at the Pandora site, they have pink or blue daisies, but my old one was white and yellow - I’d rather have those colors. I’ll keep a look out for one, because now I *need* one!
View attachment 4795280
This is beautiful!

Checking in. How is everyone doing?

I’m bored silly and struggling to stay upbeat during this time. I’m an introvert, but I’m a social introvert. So, connections and activities with others bring me joy. Being isolated this long is haaaaaaaard.

I especially miss travel. :frown: I feel like my wings have been clipped.

So, bags and jewelry have been at the bottom of my conscious thoughts. I still love my collection, but they need to see the light of day. I can’t even fathom adding anything because it would just languish in my closet with its buddies.

I’ve cleaned and recleaned my house so many times that you could do surgery on my living room table. I’d make Marie Kondo weep with envy as I now don’t even own a paper clip that doesn’t have a purpose and a designated place. Painted two rooms. Redecorated my bedroom (again. Lol!). Repurposed and redecorated a catch all room into my new study (woman cave!). Practicing French. Reading books. Zoom meetings with friends. Walking the park. Working out in my very minimalist home gym.

But, if I don’t see people soon, I’m gonna explode. I’m open to all ideas on how to keep myself occupied. Any new ways to play with my bags?

I don’t “have” to quarantine because Mr. Sparkle and I don’t have any conditions that make us prone to get the more serious impacts from Covid-19. But, we’ve made the decision to do so as much as possible for the consideration of others.

BUT, I’m going cuckoooooooo! Help meeeeeeee! :panic:

Aww, I hear you! All this isolation thing is taking a toll here, too. I´m not a very social being and don´t mind not seeing real people as long as I have the internet. We never go out for meals and there are no decent shops within sensible distance where we live, either... but I miss the occasional market and even more I miss being able to travel, visiting the family in another province,a summer holidays in the UK.... During this long time at home I fear I´ve become a strange recluse. School will start again on Aug 3rd and my boy has to go. I actually am very nervous about having to take part in the real world, again.

WOw. I am so impressed! I am wondering why I can't seem to get any fruitful downsizing done, but I'm also still working (from home). My days are so busy!
I must say it has REALLY helped me to have drinks and dinner with friends OUTSIDE in very uncrowded places. I met up with DS and DIL twice, also friends who are married (making fewer distancing needs). Are you in a place where outdoor dining is allowed and trusted?
I LOVE that you have a woman cave. You should really congratulate yourself.
My work schedule has slowed to a snail’s pace so I have tons of unwanted free time.
We have been out a very tiny bit. I live in this bizarro cross roads of not being overly “afraid” of getting the virus and wanting to be conscientious of how my behavior impacts others.

Perhaps a couple of times in the last 5 months we met with a group of friends. But, we stopped when we learned that several of them were out and about, socializing and entertaining quite a bit. Their wide exposure would nullify our mostly quarantining soooo...

I’m in Texas which Hs some of the most lax rules in the US. So, yes we could go out but, meh. The limited occupancy at most venues just makes everything seem blah.

Hello! So nice to hear from you - and good to know you and Mr Sparkle are fine.
It sounds as though you've been busy, I'm worn out from reading how much you've done! :giggle:

We have had a few friends over for dinner outside, friends I know who have been quarantining and are being very careful.
We've also gone to 3 restaurants and eaten inside the restaurant. :faint:
Who ever thought that would be such a big deal? I haven't struggled with being away from people (I know that sounds terrible), but I have struggled a bit with always eating at home… because I also have to clean it all up! So being at the restaurant was like heaven. As a plus, they are all our favorite places so we 'know' a lot of the staff and so we got to catch up… and someone else brought *me* a cocktail!
All 3 restaurants are being very careful, tables are far apart, all the staff are wearing mask and gloves. We wear ours when coming in and when ever we leave the table All dinners have been marvelous.
I’ve had so much time on my hands, I’ve had to do something. :lol:

It would be nice to have a close circle of similarly semi-quarantined friends but, as I mentioned above, many people in Texas are acting as if this virus doesn’t exist and are actively opposed to wearing masks, washing hands, social distancing. Hanging out with people who are aggressively flouting the recommendations isn’t appealing with me. (Candidly it’s changed my opinion on a few people.) I get people wanting to be out and about. (I’d give up all my handbags to get “normal” life back for all of us.) I don’t get the anger, umbrage and spite in some people’s outlooks and behaviors.

That all being said, the little kid in me wants to go back out and play - read: travel and wear my bags. Lol!

Has anyone been on a fun vacation this year? I’d love to hear about it and live vicariously through you. One of my friends drove by herself (well with her dog) from Texas to Colorado during the quarantine just to feel a bit of freedom. Evidently she rented a little cabin and enjoyed the great natural surroundings. Maybe Mr. S and I should plan a road trip. :thinking:

I do have a similar one, it's more green though.
I might check on Poshmark to see if there's one there!
(@cowgirlsboots - I think I *do* need one! :heart:)
I had a look through ebay and found this.... not Pandora, but it should fit...
maybe you´d like to have a look at it @Cookiefiend .

1595640547949.png

I had a look through ebay and found this.... not Pandora, but it should fit...
maybe you´d like to have a look at it @Cookiefiend .

View attachment 4798815
Thank you sweetheart!

Reactions: cowgirlsboots
My work schedule has slowed to a snail’s pace so I have tons of unwanted free time.
We have been out a very tiny bit. I live in this bizarro cross roads of not being overly “afraid” of getting the virus and wanting to be conscientious of how my behavior impacts others.

Perhaps a couple of times in the last 5 months we met with a group of friends. But, we stopped when we learned that several of them were out and about, socializing and entertaining quite a bit. Their wide exposure would nullify our mostly quarantining soooo...

I’m in Texas which Hs some of the most lax rules in the US. So, yes we could go out but, meh. The limited occupancy at most venues just makes everything seem blah.

I’ve had so much time on my hands, I’ve had to do something. :lol:

It would be nice to have a close circle of similarly semi-quarantined friends but, as I mentioned above, many people in Texas are acting as if this virus doesn’t exist and are actively opposed to wearing masks, washing hands, social distancing. Hanging out with people who are aggressively flouting the recommendations isn’t appealing with me. (Candidly it’s changed my opinion on a few people.) I get people wanting to be out and about. (I’d give up all my handbags to get “normal” life back for all of us.) I don’t get the anger, umbrage and spite in some people’s outlooks and behaviors.

That all being said, the little kid in me wants to go back out and play - read: travel and wear my bags. Lol!

Has anyone been on a fun vacation this year? I’d love to hear about it and live vicariously through you. One of my friends drove by herself (well with her dog) from Texas to Colorado during the quarantine just to feel a bit of freedom. Evidently she rented a little cabin and enjoyed the great natural surroundings. Maybe Mr. S and I should plan a road trip. :thinking:
I totally get this. So sorry about Texas.

A little late to the discussion, here are my charm bracelets. The bracelet I had as a child is on the bottom. It is a true charm bracelet in that most of the charms mean something and they were collected over time to mark special occasions. I have a San Francisco cable car, a Canadian maple leaf, a couple from Hawaii, my high school key, Snoopy, and a dog, among others. The other two bracelets are Juicy Couture.

charm bracelets 20200725_145000.jpg

A little late to the discussion, here are my charm bracelets. The bracelet I had as a child is on the bottom. It is a true charm bracelet in that most of the charms mean something and they were collected over time to mark special occasions. I have a San Francisco cable car, a Canadian maple leaf, a couple from Hawaii, my high school key, Snoopy, and a dog, among others. The other two bracelets are Juicy Couture.
I adore snoopy.
View attachment 4799731

Love the charm bracelet talk! I have two Pandora bracelets, but I only wear one right now because it’s the most sentimental. I bought it right before I got married and only had the panda charm. Most of the charms are gifts from DH over the past 5 years.
View attachment 4796116
Now that it’s full, I can start getting charms for my other bracelet.
Love the train.