2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

I wore the third of my underused bags today. It’s kind of a nothing bag, but I like the color. It’s a messenger bag from Massaccesi that doesn’t hold much, so it was used for errands. Really for this size and effect I would sooner reach for one of my H trims. IMG_5350.jpgIMG_5351.jpg
Sorry about the photo size. tPF has just updated itself on my phone, and no longer has 3 size options. Darnit! I hate "improvements" LOL.
Also - I don' go in much for doodads, but I think this bag needs a little tassel or bagcharm. Suggestions?

I wore the third of my underused bags today. It’s kind of a nothing bag, but I like the color. It’s a messenger bag from Massaccesi that doesn’t hold much, so it was used for errands. Really for this size and effect I would sooner reach for one of my H trims. View attachment 3940559View attachment 3940560
Sorry about the photo size. tPF has just updated itself on my phone, and no longer has 3 size options. Darnit! I hate "improvements" LOL.
Also - I don' go in much for doodads, but I think this bag needs a little tassel or bagcharm. Suggestions?
I like the colour of this bag. I especially like your scarf!

Reactions: momasaurus
I am way behind on here but just wanted to ask you ladies if you've ever done a closet inventory. While I was going through my closet yesterday I decided I would actually count everything I have in there. So, this morning, I did. Gulp. That number was so high! And then my middle dd saw my list and started laughing. Huh! I told her that was privileged information and not for her (or anyone else, lol!) to see. I didn't even count my exercise clothing. It's not like I even have a number in mind as optimal but at the very least it causes me to not want to shop in stores but instead, SHOP MY CLOSET!
I need to do this! I am pretty sure my number would be mind numbingly high as well. [emoji44]

I wore the third of my underused bags today. It’s kind of a nothing bag, but I like the color. It’s a messenger bag from Massaccesi that doesn’t hold much, so it was used for errands. Really for this size and effect I would sooner reach for one of my H trims. View attachment 3940559View attachment 3940560

Nice outfit momasaurus! I like the violet colors..they say that’s the color trend for 2018. Is that peuple des vents?

I actually did that at the beginning of last year. And it resulted in a HUGE closet purge! I mean, what on earth was I doing with that many (notice I'm not saying the number) pairs of identical black pants???). And shoes for "some day"... when that "some day" was never going to come, since they had been oversized in the first place, and at my age my foot certainly was NOT going to grow larger!

So I packed up bags and bags of clothes to go to charity shops and I want to tell you... it was SUCH a great feeling to know that everything in my closet (1) fit well; (2) was something I loved; and (3) looked good on me.

I won't say that I completely "shopped my closet" in 2017, since I did buy some things at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but I did use the "1 in, 3 out" rule to make sure my closet didn't get stuffed again. And now I'm going through the winter with no new clothing purchases since last August, and I'm feeling very good every day when I put an outfit together. It really feels, for the first time in a long time, as though my clothes "work" together for the life I'm actually living, as opposed to the life I imagine myself living, or the life I used to live 10 or 20 years ago, or the life I see in Vogue magazine!

Elaine, your post is inspiring me to do a closet edit of my own! I’ve done piecemeal edits in the past, like all my boots and shoes a couple of years ago and all my sweaters a year ago last fall, but never the whole closet.

Reactions: ElainePG and kemi
This is such a good idea! I might do a closet inventory too. I’ve been following this thread but haven’t posted much since I first made my New Years resolution because I’ve failed miserably at it so far :-s It’s sooo cold!!! And I have no motivation to plan different outfits when it’s cold because I never take my coat off anyway, even inside! I’ve never lived in a really warm climate but for some reason about 2 years ago I started to have a really bad intolerance towards the cold. I don’t feel comfortable in any climate that isn’t Mediterranean/Caribbean.. :facepalm: I’ve been wearing the same 2 pairs of jeans (I really hate jeans.. can’t wait until it warms up a bit and I can wear my tights with skirts and dresses) and like 5 sweaters this month. One of which I bought last week (so much for shopping my own closet).
On the bright side, I’ve been rotating my bags :tup: I wish I could wear my light bags that I don’t wear often but they get color transfer from black and denim, so once again I have to wait for better weather lol

I feel for you. My tolerance for cold has gone way down over the last 10 years or so. I never liked cold, but now I find it painful. Add to that, I’ve developed Raynauld Syndrome in my hands, which turn blue and hurt in the cold. Re. warddrobe, at least I like wearing jeans, but I am admittedly stuck in a rut with my daily outfits, which are invariably composed of jeans, a white t-shirt, and some sort of cashmere sweater. I am getting bored with myself!