2017 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to an event at the local LV!
They had an artisan making Speedy handles. And it was an absolute treat because I had my DA speedy with me.

I did reject the wallet.
But placed a deposit on a master's collection scarf. DBF says if I like it, he'll pay for it.

I'm excited because I'm going on a trip soon! We used a lot of hotel and airline points to chip away at the cost. I just have to be good in when I travel, but my parents are hinting at gifting me something to shop with lol.
Sounds wonderful!

Reactions: bakeacookie
I went to an event at the local LV!
They had an artisan making Speedy handles. And it was an absolute treat because I had my DA speedy with me.

I did reject the wallet.
But placed a deposit on a master's collection scarf. DBF says if I like it, he'll pay for it.

I'm excited because I'm going on a trip soon! We used a lot of hotel and airline points to chip away at the cost. I just have to be good in when I travel, but my parents are hinting at gifting me something to shop with lol.
Fun! Where are you traveling?

Reactions: bakeacookie
At this point I have quite a few empty spaces in my handbag section. I am loving all the bags I have purchased and kept this year. I am also loving the open space and the possibilities that goes with that. For now though I am going to save so when I see that special something there will be no guilt.
Congrats! I think this is a good plan. :tup:

I'm at a similar point. I sold the bags that didn't work and I'm cuckoo crazy about the remaining ones except for my silver bags. And, I even like those a lot! :amuse: So it's no hardship to keep them for a little while longer. LOL!

I'm also sitting tight on buying til I find another bag that is perfect to add. When I look at my purchases over the last 3 years, it's clear that I've gotten better and better at buying because I love the bags I've bought more and more. So I'm going to be patient and wait for my next perfect baby. :amuse:
I'm going to the country this weekend so, after this exchange, I decided to load up the Dooney bucket bag and use it. I tried it on and then promptly unloaded it. I'm afraid it's irredeemable so into the Shopping Bag of Doom it goes, awaiting a trip to the thrift shop. It's not a bag I want to pass on plus all my friends and relatives have gotten several bags from me already ... it's gotten embarrassing, lol.
This thread is doing its job. That was a quick out!
I love your Shopping Bag of Doom. :lol:
I am at about the same point you are. I did several purges and I am now down to my last round. I also have a bag or two that I keep for looks but never reach for. One is a Coach box leather turquoise original Borough bag, so beautiful but used once. I didn't bother to show it iduring blue bag week, or green, because it's just dead space in the closet. Maybe someday we will all have a discussion of "bags we keep for looks only."

The Dooney Florentines have come in stunning colors. I get color envy when those bags in Ocean, Emerald, Sunflower, Persimmon, etc. are revealed. The leather takes the color with exceptional richness . But just as you say, they are a couple of bricks to carry.
I'm a big fan of the leather and colors on the florentine Dooneys. I had this bag in ivory a few years ago. But, I think it must have been a smaller model because it wasn't heavy when loaded.
Just love the leather on this.
Nice bag, dc! I'm soooo into great leather. I wish more bags had it. There have been a number of times I liked a bag's looks in a photo but wouldn't buy it because the leather was disappointing. :-s

Reactions: vink and dcooney4
@westvillage @bakeacookie I love the dooney bucket bag that you guys have but when I saw the large one irl I came across the same problem - the stiffness of the leather! I couldn't open or close it. And it seemed like it was really easy to scratch the leather. It was a beautiful gray too and at a great price. I was tempted, but I passed :sad:

Wow it sounds like many of us are getting to a great stage in our collections!

@westvillage @bakeacookie I love the dooney bucket bag that you guys have but when I saw the large one irl I came across the same problem - the stiffness of the leather! I couldn't open or close it. And it seemed like it was really easy to scratch the leather. It was a beautiful gray too and at a great price. I was tempted, but I passed :sad:

Wow it sounds like many of us are getting to a great stage in our collections!

Mine is scratched but you can't really tell. Upside to the leather.

It's too stiff. I let it sit in the sun for a bit to see if it would soften. Nope lol.

It goes to my friend tomorrow. Bye bye Dooney. I shall adore from afar.

Reactions: eggtartapproved
Speedy handles!
IMG_1492846785.679675.jpg

So leather is cut to the shape and thickness needed.
Twisted rope is placed inside, and machine stitched in the middle.

They taper the rope inside, glue, and hand stitch the end after placing the hardware bit.

Then they hand paint the edges.

She spoke of repairing old speedies, they match the style of the bag originally.

She sewed so effortlessly it was amazing.

And that's just a handle. For a mass produced bag.

I've seen videos of the leather bags and the hard cases being made. It's amazing.

Thought some might enjoy this info, lol. I like seeing how things are made.

Speedy handles!
View attachment 3674964

So leather is cut to the shape and thickness needed.
Twisted rope is placed inside, and machine stitched in the middle.

They taper the rope inside, glue, and hand stitch the end after placing the hardware bit.

Then they hand paint the edges.

She spoke of repairing old speedies, they match the style of the bag originally.

She sewed so effortlessly it was amazing.

And that's just a handle. For a mass produced bag.

I've seen videos of the leather bags and the hard cases being made. It's amazing.

Thought some might enjoy this info, lol. I like seeing how things are made.
This must've been fascinating to watch, thanks for posting :smile:

I'm a bit surprised that I only have 2 grey bags now. I had more last year. I will like to add a light grey one, but no rush. I had a light grey Massaccesi midi Minerva (similar to tenKrat), but I rehomed it since the pebbled leather was a bit heavy for me:
Left - Balenciaga Velo in Anthracite and Right - Massaccesi midi Selene in Dark Grey.
IMG_1492849033.308541.jpg
Sorry, I'm on a short trip so no chance for an actual group shot.

I'm a bit surprised that I only have 2 grey bags now. I had more last year. I will like to add a light grey one, but no rush. I had a light grey Massaccesi midi Minerva (similar to tenKrat), but I rehomed it since the pebbled leather was a bit heavy for me:
Left - Balenciaga Velo in Anthracite and Right - Massaccesi midi Selene in Dark Grey.
View attachment 3674981
Sorry, I'm on a short trip so no chance for an actual group shot.

I adore your Nappa Selene! It's final push for me to grab Bluey. [emoji4]

Love to see a picture when you up to it.
I'm just sitting in the driveway waiting for the backseat sleeping Beautys to wake up from a nap so I'll take some shots of the woc I'm wearing that's in my lap right now! I love the back pocket where I can stash my phone for quick access. I would love more than 6 credit card slots but I do love so many interior slots and the zippered coin pocket.
IMG_1492854580.623833.jpg
IMG_1492854599.580826.jpgIMG_1492854616.158325.jpgIMG_1492854630.847051.jpg

I'm just sitting in the driveway waiting for the backseat sleeping Beautys to wake up from a nap so I'll take some shots of the woc I'm wearing that's in my lap right now! I love the back pocket where I can stash my phone for quick access. I would love more than 6 credit card slots but I do love so many interior slots and the zippered coin pocket.
View attachment 3675001
View attachment 3675002View attachment 3675003View attachment 3675004
It is very nice and I like the back pocket. Hope your feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.