2017 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found 2017‘s goals (see above)! Reality is: Bought 5 bags, sold 2. No multi-coloured bag, but two metallic ones, three neutral. The D&G never happened because of quality issues. I fell for BV instead! I am happy, though, all bags were bought pre-loved. This was the first year I tracked the daily wears and I will continue to do so in 2018! Today, I also looked at the past years: From 16 premier bags since 2011, I still have 15. I let go of 6 contemporary bags since 2011. The thoughtful refining of my „collection“ seems to be well on its way. Will post in the 2018 thread to start the new year! [emoji256]
I haven't bought D&G bags but I was eyeballing one recently. What are the quality issues?
I use this sinus rinse during the crud season, too. Very effective for me as well.
I didn't know it was so popular. I'm glad I'm not the only one on the thread who benefits from it!!
DD and I had a Cristmas bag exchange of the gentlest sort. She asked me if I was finished with my Coach Court Bag, an archival bag from decades past but a favorite among so many bags I’ve had over then years, and still occasionally worn. In fact, it seems to be the prototype for the vaunted LV Pouchette Metis. Inwardly I hesitated but I let it go to her. She will wear it a lot and loved getting it, wrapped in a plaid scarf of my mother’s from further decades back.

In return, she made me a little silk evening wristlet. I had been complaining that I was finished with carrying clumsy clutches so she came up with this. I’ll certainly use it since my evening wear is black, black and more black and is a pretty pop of silk. It’s lined in a dusty rose silk. Here it is:smile:

View attachment 3920771
This is adorable!
Hello everyone!

Happy to report I shopped in my closet in 2017! Reading this thread has been so helpful... thank you all and happy new year!
Congrats!!!

I cried on Friday because I fell in love with a dog and had to wait till Saturday to do the raffle.

I got a dog! She’ll come home in two weeks!!

And my family loves this dog much more over my first choice. She’s much more affectionate. I’m so happy I got to adopt this dog. I’ll share her pic once she comes home. [emoji4]
Oh yayyyyy!!! How exciting, a little fur to Love! Can't wait to see pictures!

Reactions: bakeacookie
My Dec tally:
IN - 0/0
OUT - 2/0 (i consigned 2 bags)
Looking forward to the New Year with optimism and feeling strong enough to stay committed to my hard pause!
Happy New Year everyone!!!
Way to go ksuromax! Cute puppy pic, possibly a Jack Russell? We’ve had two Jack Russells in our family in the past.
Found 2017‘s goals (see above)! Reality is: Bought 5 bags, sold 2. No multi-coloured bag, but two metallic ones, three neutral. The D&G never happened because of quality issues. I fell for BV instead! I am happy, though, all bags were bought pre-loved. This was the first year I tracked the daily wears and I will continue to do so in 2018! Today, I also looked at the past years: From 16 premier bags since 2011, I still have 15. I let go of 6 contemporary bags since 2011. The thoughtful refining of my „collection“ seems to be well on its way. Will post in the 2018 thread to start the new year! [emoji256]
Well done minoxa33. Tracking my daily wears has given me lots of insight into my bag wardrobe. See you in the 2018 thread.

DD and I had a Cristmas bag exchange of the gentlest sort. She asked me if I was finished with my Coach Court Bag, an archival bag from decades past but a favorite among so many bags I’ve had over then years, and still occasionally worn. In fact, it seems to be the prototype for the vaunted LV Pouchette Metis. Inwardly I hesitated but I let it go to her. She will wear it a lot and loved getting it, wrapped in a plaid scarf of my mother’s from further decades back.

In return, she made me a little silk evening wristlet. I had been complaining that I was finished with carrying clumsy clutches so she came up with this. I’ll certainly use it since my evening wear is black, black and more black and is a pretty pop of silk. It’s lined in a dusty rose silk. Here it is:smile:

View attachment 3920771
What a pretty wristlet - your DD is talented!

I cried on Friday because I fell in love with a dog and had to wait till Saturday to do the raffle.

And my family loves this dog much more over my first choice. She’s much more affectionate. I’m so happy I got to adopt this dog. I’ll share her pic once she comes home. [emoji4]
Congratulations on your doggie adoption!

Last edited:

View attachment 3920771
very cute and great trade!! :tup:

:yahoo: :yahoo: what a great way to start a year of the Dog! congrats! :biggrin:
What an absolutely precious bag... how are those butterflies done? Are they woven in? Attached on top of the woven leather? Oh, my! I can definitely see why you fell in love with this! Congratulations, and enjoy it! Sometimes "love at first sight" is a good thing! :graucho:
I have seen the shoes with the same deco, they are embossed, but it's a border line to that's embossed, leaving the leather between the lines look popped/raised.
it's very nice-looking finish, I liked it!
or, it, possibly, could be a top heat pressed leather patch, and because it is 3D, and the butterflies are higher than the background leather

Last edited:
very cute and great trade!! :tup:

:yahoo: :yahoo: what a great way to start a year of the Dog! congrats! :biggrin:

I have seen the shoes with the same deco, they are embossed, but it's a border line to that's embossed, leaving the leather between the lines look popped/raised.
it's very nice-looking finish, I liked it!
or, it, possibly, could be a top heat pressed leather patch, and because it is 3D, and the butterflies are higher than the background leather

Thank you!!

[emoji23] Everyone says that about her! Maybe it’ll be clearer what she is when I share the picture.

Omg, she loves being cuddled and petted so much, I can’t wait to see her again!

16lbs also fits well in my Burberry tote. I think she’d fit in all my totes actually haha.
My little guy is 16 pounds too. I drove my dd so crazy last year trying to figure out what my guy is besides beagle. She did a photo album of him for Christmas last year and had his dna done. He is mostly beagle, part Pekinese hence the big eyes and small stature and some terrier. I think cattle dog because of his spots. I am so happy for you I could just burst. Can't wait to hear what you name her and see her lovely face.

Reactions: bakeacookie
My little guy is 16 pounds too. I drove my dd so crazy last year trying to figure out what my guy is besides beagle. She did a photo album of him for Christmas last year and had his dna done. He is mostly beagle, part Pekinese hence the big eyes and small stature and some terrier. I think cattle dog because of his spots. I am so happy for you I could just burst. Can't wait to hear what you name her and see her lovely face.

Oh I wanna do her DNA test too.

Your guy is such a cutie, he got a great combo!

Kinda want to do mine too. My cousin did it and we found out we’re mixed with other Asian ethnicities. I wonder what else I am lol.

Reactions: dcooney4
Status
Not open for further replies.