2017 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh. The grey Chanel JUST shipped! Shesh! Now it'lll 3-5 business days to get here. (Supposedly)

So shopping my collection...I was just thinking about how I can get 5 more bags in for the challenge. The ugly weather here is killing me. :yucky: I now have 25 bags, 3 are delicate fabrics not really great for the weather, 2 are in the spa, 1 is an evening bag, I accidentally left 4 in my home town and I've worn 10. That leaves exactly 5 available. :shocked: This challenge is a lot of fun but it'll be much easier in February once I get the other bags from home and the spa!

Shopping my collection has shown me two other things:
• I had some unknown clothing gaps and a tiny few I don't want to wear. That's great to know because my wardrobe will get tighter as well. So I'm gathering the unwanted clothes for donation (I'm sick of selling) and going shopping even as much as I hate the mall. :sad:
• I don't have handbags in traditional winter colors other than black. No bordeaux, dark grey, navy, hunter green, caramel, plum, chocolate, etc. Getting the dark grey flap will help but as I do my hard pausing, I want to consider how to add one or two of those colors in ways that make sense for the clothing colors I like to wear and are 3 season colors so they can get lots of wear. I'm still leaning towards bordeaux and grey but I want to see what others have for inspiration.

So lots of fun and forward movement from shopping my closet. This is really interesting.

I'm weak. :smile: I keep it until I'm sure the love is gone then I get rid of it. ;)

I'm like this too. Over time, it will work, as long as you keep assessing the collection with the motivation to cut down.

6 bag of 10/31 challenge. My Henry Bendel red crossbody

Such a gorgeous coat, love the colors! And the bag goes perfectly!

Loving all the challenge pictures although I can't comment on them all. What's the next challenge going to be after this? I'll try to participate in that one :smile:

Reactions: vink
Loving all the challenge pictures although I can't comment on them all. What's the next challenge going to be after this? I'll try to participate in that one :smile:
Ksuromax suggested we do these weekly challenges for February. I think they're great ideas and different from what we've done before. We have 4 weeks so we can do one each week.

4/1: Only wear bags of one colour
4/8: Only wear bags of one brand
4/15: Only wear one style (hobos, totes, flaps, etc.)
4/22: Only wear only bag (to 'shop' our own clothes to find more looks to dress up and down the same bag)

Of course everyone can do any of the others: 15 in 28, 3 in 28, Ban Island for a month, Selling x items... Or they can do none. It's choose your own adventure! I was going to repeat 15 in 28 but I think I'm going to try Kisuromax's challenges.

Yes! Great reminder!!

I can't see your bag because busy I'm LOVING the coat!!! :nuts: Now I'm giving my cloth coats the side eye. :lol:

Is the HB bag a saffiano like leather?
Spark,

Yes it's a cute coat for colorblock. The back had fushia its such a fun piece. I went over my aunts house to see my cousin in from Texas and didn't want to do my red Chanel. I thought about you saying to try my crossbody bags besides for travel so I got out the red one. I took a closeup of the bag. It's a pattern leather.

Attachments

• IMG_2814.JPG
    IMG_2814.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 110
Oh my gosh. The grey Chanel JUST shipped! Shesh! Now it'lll 3-5 business days to get here. (Supposedly)

So shopping my collection...I was just thinking about how I can get 5 more bags in for the challenge. The ugly weather here is killing me. :yucky: I now have 25 bags, 3 are delicate fabrics not really great for the weather, 2 are in the spa, 1 is an evening bag, I accidentally left 4 in my home town and I've worn 10. That leaves exactly 5 available. :shocked: This challenge is a lot of fun but it'll be much easier in February once I get the other bags from home and the spa!

Shopping my collection has shown me two other things:
• I had some unknown clothing gaps and a tiny few I don't want to wear. That's great to know because my wardrobe will get tighter as well. So I'm gathering the unwanted clothes for donation (I'm sick of selling) and going shopping even as much as I hate the mall. :sad:
• I don't have handbags in traditional winter colors other than black. No bordeaux, dark grey, navy, hunter green, caramel, plum, chocolate, etc. Getting the dark grey flap will help but as I do my hard pausing, I want to consider how to add one or two of those colors in ways that make sense for the clothing colors I like to wear and are 3 season colors so they can get lots of wear. I'm still leaning towards bordeaux and grey but I want to see what others have for inspiration.

So lots of fun and forward movement from shopping my closet. This is really interesting.
Spark,

So glad your grey bag finally shipped. A ladies Wardrobe can never be completed in my opinion. There are always items that need to be added as one refines their style.

I definitely think that for handbags a Bordeaux bag will provide versatility with your wardrobe for winter. This color works extremely well in the summer also. I like idea of green bag but the style has to be killer

Ksuromax suggested we do these weekly challenges for February. I think they're great ideas and different from what we've done before. We have 4 weeks so we can do one each week.

4/1: Only wear bags of one colour
4/8: Only wear bags of one brand
4/15: Only wear one style (hobos, totes, flaps, etc.)
4/22: Only wear only bag (to 'shop' our own clothes to find more looks to dress up and down the same bag)

Of course everyone can do any of the others: 15 in 28, 3 in 28, Ban Island for a month, Selling x items... Or they can do none. It's choose your own adventure! I was going to repeat 15 in 28 but I think I'm going to try Kisuromax's challenges.
I love this idea. It will definitely be a challenge but that's what makes this such fun

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I'm like this too. Over time, it will work, as long as you keep assessing the collection with the motivation to cut down.

Such a gorgeous coat, love the colors! And the bag goes perfectly!

Sora,

Thanks it's such a fun coat,I really like it. The crossbody was cute addition but the space was limiting

Listed two bags today! Hope they move fast before I change my mind. I know one I never wear . I can only have so many bags sitting in my closet with rare or no wear just because I adore the color. What do you do when you know something should go but you still like them ?
DC,

If I know it needs to go I get rid of it. I just ensure that replacement piece is in my possession

Spark,

I took your advice and wore a crossbody. I know that I won't be getting a Chanel mini now because it's entirely too small. I can only use these for travel.
Yay! I'm glad you got those out to use. When we use smaller bags, we have to pack differently. A card case v a wallet, only take lip color, etc. is the HB a keeper?

I'm curious. Why are cross bodies this small good for you for travel? Don't you need "stuff"? I used my LV Lockme for travel on this last trip to Vegas and it was good because I could put it in my small carry on and not have a 3rd bag. But I still think a slightly larger bag for travel is better. I prefer my medium bags that can crossbody like my Miss Diors for travel.

That being said, you know I hate mini bags. :sick: To each their own but I don't "get" them. I don't like the look, I don't like the proportion on most people (including me) and I need my bag to be functional and actually carry my things (what a kooky concept). So a Chanel mini was neeeeeeeever on my radar. 8"x6"x3" is my absolute minimum. The Lockme II BB is 8.7″x 5.9″x 2.4" and I'd like it to be just an inch deeper.

I'll be glad when this trend is over just like I was glad when the huge bag trend of about 7-8 years ago was over. Everyone was running around looking like they were carrying a carpet bag. It was stupid.
Spark,

So glad your grey bag finally shipped. A ladies Wardrobe can never be completed in my opinion. There are always items that need to be added as one refines their style.

I definitely think that for handbags a Bordeaux bag will provide versatility with your wardrobe for winter. This color works extremely well in the summer also. I like idea of green bag but the style has to be killer
I agree on wardrobes not being complete. But I need mine under better control. My mood changes and I do a wardrobe redo. This one will be expensive because I want to upgrade to designer ready to wear where I can. It will be a ice glacier moving super sloooow build.
Spark,

I love sheared fur...it's so understated and lux. I have black sheared beaver that I wear to work. Can't wait to see the new coat when get it
I know! Isn't it amazing!!!!! I'm surprised you can wear yours to work. I need a job with normal people. :doh: I had said a new fur coat and fur trimmed caple were next year. But furs are on sale now so it's hard to wait. But it's not like I don't have furs so I need to stop being spoiled. I just keep reminding myself that for me 2017 is the year of jewelry. Not handbags. Not furs. Not spaceships. Just jewelry. :huh:

It was supposed to be jewelry and shoes but my foot is injured. I'm going to the podiatrist on Tuesday. It's frustrating because now I really can only wear heels. I wore some sneakers today and almost headed towards the light. I had to change and put on a different outfit so I could wear heeled booties - sweet relief!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.