2017 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little indecisive right now.

I'm afraid to put a charm on my new bag because of the smooth leather. I feel scratches will show if they're big. :/

Should I use twillies? Or leave it as is for now?

I also really want a soft bag liner organizer thing to protect the inside.

Smooth leather really has me worried. But it's so pretty!
I don't think this bag needs anything, she's gorgeous!

Reactions: bakeacookie
I adore saddle bags!!! That's why your Furla and the MCM Patricia are tempting me as well. I just haven't found the "right" saddle bag for me just yet. I really loved the Gucci Lady Web and was going to get the brown one (yea, I know right - me buying a brown bag LOL! Had to be crazy special!) but, I heard they scratched easily and I knew that would drive me crazy. So I'm still hoping for the perfect one to show up. My love for saddle bags is why it's hard for me to part with my Coach Willis even though I don't wear it anymore. :-s

On colors - I really love purple when others show their bags but it isn't right for me. And anything lavender looks horrible on me. It seems to grey out and make me look sickly. I can wear other pastels but I'm just not a fan so I don't.
I have not bought brown bags for some time because I've come to realize that they don't work well with my outfits!

A couple subjects here:

I always sit next to the same family in church. The husband is an elder, so he never sits down until a few minutes before the service, and the wife and I often chat until he comes and sits between us. She has noticed that I've been using a different bag every week for the past several weeks and today she was like "How many bags do you have?! A different one every week for a year?!" Not quite, but I'm not that far off that really....<blush> I didn't want to tell her how many I have, but yeah, I could go quite a few Sundays and never use the same bag twice. I'm not mad at her, she's a bag lover too, but she's in a different place in her life with kids and a mortgage, so spending money on bags is not really a high priority, although she has a few. But she's a whiz on ebay so I might enlist her help.....

On the wardrobe cleanup. Yeah, none of my pants fit except the very few pairs I wear regularly and one I just bought from StitchFix. I knew this was likely to be the case since I've put on some weight and had to buy a bigger size. I've now sorted through everything that was not in today's laundry loads. Most of that will probably stay because obviously if it was in the laundry, I probably wear it.

I haven't really even done the audit yet but I can already see one of the things I'm lacking, besides pants, is camis, particularly in black and white. I think I only have one of each, but I need at least one more of each. I need to do some work on matching up layering pieces. I probably need to fill in some holes there, for both camis and jackets/cardigans, especially for summer. I have some shells that I don't wear often because I don't know what to layer them with, or I always layer several of them with the same piece. There's likely to be lots of pics asking if this look works, so stay tuned.
Reading your story about the incident in church reminded me of this. In our recent team building, we were asked to draw pictures of items corresponding to several buttons, one of which is the "Happy Button". Of course I drew a bag for that particular button. I was a bit embarassed because come reporting time, our team leader specifically mentioned it and the newly appointed president of our company was there. I was just a bit embarassed to be announced to the whole world, lol!

The inside is the same smooth leather.

I'm okay with it folding in.

I know you recommend Samorga which I will get to go with my Neverfulls, but is it flexible and soft enough for this bag?
I was not thinking of Samorga actually since you said soft, haha, but now that you mentioned it, they have recently released models with Zero Pockets. I just checked and the least depth is 4.3 inches and this is intended for a Her Bag. So maybe? But it is of the thicker 4mm material as against the regular 2 mm. The Samorga inserts are really pliable on the sides. Its structure is more on the bottom. And they can customize too btw.

Since camis aren't vital to try on (like say pants!), I just ordered some from Torrid's website. 2 black and 2 white. I might need other colors later, but I haven't worked that out yet.

So my list for tomorrow is 2-3 pairs of pants. One thing I would like, and I doubt I'll be able to find it now, is a pink jacket. I used to have one, but it was this stretchy polyester/spandex kind of fabric that I didn't like. I wouldn't mind that same style in a nicer fabric though.

Speaking of closet clean out, I just gave a blouse to a co-worker and a bag to another, both done today. I used the blouse for just 2 times. I thought I could do the loose look for a long sleeves casual blouse, but I finally decided I could not. I had several persons in mind to give it to including a niece, but then decided this person would likely use it the most. She was really happy!! And then a Rebecca Minkoff full size MAB that has not been selling in more than a year. I thought of this other co-worker and I knew she would appreciate it. She bought 1 MJ bag from me before at a really very low price for its leather and condition. It was to be her only one expensive bag. So now, she'll have another, for free. :smile:

One good thing about being in tpf is that I take a lot of bag and bag related photos. Remember what happened to me in Berlin? So I just prepared my insurance claim for the unfortunate baggage delay. I'm not sure I will be compensated for the replacement luggage, but nevertheless I included the claim for reimbursement of the Longchamp travel bag. I don't anymore have the original copy of the receipt (required for insurance claim) because of the Europe tax refund claim I made. Good thing I have a picture of it, thanks to my tpf training! Hopefully, the printed copy of the photo will be honored! And the entire claim too!

I'm a little indecisive right now.

I'm afraid to put a charm on my new bag because of the smooth leather. I feel scratches will show if they're big. :/

Should I use twillies? Or leave it as is for now?

I also really want a soft bag liner organizer thing to protect the inside.

Smooth leather really has me worried. But it's so pretty!
I think it doesn't need a thing. I would not put a charm on it that could scratch it. Maybe after you have worn it a few times you could put a scarf if you really want to.

I have not bought brown bags for some time because I've come to realize that they don't work well with my outfits!

Reading your story about the incident in church reminded me of this. In our recent team building, we were asked to draw pictures of items corresponding to several buttons, one of which is the "Happy Button". Of course I drew a bag for that particular button. I was a bit embarassed because come reporting time, our team leader specifically mentioned it and the newly appointed president of our company was there. I was just a bit embarassed to be announced to the whole world, lol!

I was not thinking of Samorga actually since you said soft, haha, but now that you mentioned it, they have recently released models with Zero Pockets. I just checked and the least depth is 4.3 inches and this is intended for a Her Bag. So maybe? But it is of the thicker 4mm material as against the regular 2 mm. The Samorga inserts are really pliable on the sides. Its structure is more on the bottom. And they can customize too btw.

I'll check out the options at Samorga. I also have to check etsy. I didn't find any that would fit on amazon that were made of felt.

I think it doesn't need a thing. I would not put a charm on it that could scratch it. Maybe after you have worn it a few times you could put a scarf if you really want to.
I think I will wear it plain for awhile to just enjoy this bag as is. Then I'll go crazy with my accessories haha.

I'm wearing it to work today! Love the bright blue at my desk!

Reactions: RayKay and dcooney4
I have a bit of a pet peeve. I tried to get a bag exchanged when they couldn't fix the zipper but they had no more in my color at the moment. Why do they put on the return receipt changed mind If one part doesn't work ?
Is that at Coach? I hate that.

I straight up say defect and they put "changed mind." No, I didn't change my mind, your product was defective!

Reactions: dcooney4
Status
Not open for further replies.