2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 2460502
We have nice sunny and warm day today and I felt like using this beauty :smile:
Love the PTTM line!!! Especially pretty in this red!
For the last few days, I have been carrying my Coach Black Violet Saffiano Crossbody City Tote.
Great tote, BV is so pretty! And of course, love your wallet (I have the same one, different color). ;)
Now I'm carrying my LV Alma PM, with strap.
Kate spade wallet, Coach waverly cosmetic pouch, LV agenda pm, LV Cles.
Love it all together! It looks so patriotic!
So I opted for my Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Speedy 30, just in case she gets splashed, I know she will be able to take it like a champ!
So classic and lovely!

I'm ready for work now. I finally chose my Burberry shimmery dark silver tote with detachable crossbody option. This was the same bag I chose for January 2013. It was also the same bag I chose in answer to the question about keeping just 1 bag in our collection. It's not leather, making it very easy to care for. I love the minimal leather on it and buckle detailing and while it does carry the Burberry check, I think it kind of blends into itself and makes it less recognizable, which I like. I love the gunmetal hardware the best. I use this predominately for work in the colder weathers (since the handles are big enough to fit over my heavier coats)

Very pretty Burberry!

I start a new job this Thursday, and it's in an area where people never wear designer bags more expensive than Australian brand Oroton. So I decided Oroton will be as as nice as I go for work too.

I have an Oroton Entourage E/W Tote in Pink. It's a big hand held bag and I use it for pencil case, chargers, lunch and spare cardigan. It's a great bag and every season it comes in wonderful colours.

My second Oroton bag is a vintage Cable Tote. It's around 8 years old and in beautiful condition. it's quite a rare bag because Oroton doesn't produce this quality, style or leather anymore.

I don't think these bags will have be widely loved on the forum, but I think it's nice to show different designs on the forum too. As much as I love seeing reveals (sometimes it gets a bit boring when it's the same bag).

Congrats on your new job! That's a new brand for me. I adore great functional totes for work.

Bakeacookie your Alma is a stunner.

Amornchanel- I think your grey crossbody is perfect for your meetings.

Starbunny-I like them both. I love seeing things I can't easily get. It makes it all the more interesting.

eggtartapproved- It is still a great bag. Those are the ones we need to hold on to!

Thanks so much, dconney4.

Hi everyone! I have some spare time so I thought I would let you know how my 2013 resolution ended, and start early on my 2014 goals - would love to hear from others about how they did, what new goals they have in 2014, and also welcome new members!! =D

Last year's resolution - "Every year I resolve not to buy any more bags or wallets until I can get more use out of the ones I already own... of course, that never works haha. THIS YEAR, in order to achieve my goal, I've allocated one bag and wallet to every month so that the majority of items will get used... this is also an exercise to help me use what I have and not just save them up for 'special occassions' or my 'imaginary lifestyle,' as I am guilty of those things too haha.... I based my choices on the mood of the season or holiday."

After a year of this these were my results - I started out with the one per month rotation pretty well but eventually realized that for practical reasons, it wouldn't work very well so it evolved into a 'per need basis'. I discovered that medium structured satchels with crossbody or shoulder strap options (or ones that could fit over my shoulder if I absolutely needed hands free) worked best for work. For weekends, I tried to downsize to smaller bags and was also able to incorporate my larger clutches into the mix on a regular basis (huge win since I had purchased quite a few of the Coach legacy clutches the year before and wasn't quite sure when I would use them). My Gucci bags didn't see much action but I still love them hehe - I DID however, use my black leather Guccissima Boston that hardly saw the day of light before, so I consider that a win. Wallets - I didn't purchase any and actually ended up selling 5 smaller wallets that didn't fit my lifestyle (HUGE WIN).

I did add 10 items to my collection but they were pieces that were purchased knowing they would be used heavily or were staple pieces missing from my collection - 2 totes (1 purchased using gift card), 2 crossbody (1 was a gift), 2 satchels, 1 clutch, 1 weekend tote, 1 top handle (HG), and 1 top handle flap.

I sold 2 bags and have a few more listed so I'm on my way to clearing out the items that don't work. I didn't make it through my whole collection so I imagine I will have more to list this year. I will be putting the funds from those sales towards my Mon Monogram Speedy 35 B that is very personal to me, and hope to get that by August 2014. It will be the first bag that I save for and I'm hoping that since it is such an important bag goal for me, I will not be side-tracked and purchase other items.

My 2014, slightly modified resolution, is to continue to use the bags and wallets in my collection, downsize my collection (hope to get down to ~10 wallets, ~25 bags), and only purchase my Mon Monogram.

Really excited for 2014 to start and can't wait to see everyone's lovely bags!
I am also trying to downsize in my bags. Specially I have been selling all my Coach bags I had like 15. I have sold them in different sites as second hand. I have like 6 Longchamps, that I want to sell. But I haven't found any site yet that does this. Any suggestions?

I'm ready for work now. I finally chose my Burberry shimmery dark silver tote with detachable crossbody option. This was the same bag I chose for January 2013. It was also the same bag I chose in answer to the question about keeping just 1 bag in our collection. It's not leather, making it very easy to care for. I love the minimal leather on it and buckle detailing and while it does carry the Burberry check, I think it kind of blends into itself and makes it less recognizable, which I like. I love the gunmetal hardware the best. I use this predominately for work in the colder weathers (since the handles are big enough to fit over my heavier coats)

Love the Burberry

I start a new job this Thursday, and it's in an area where people never wear designer bags more expensive than Australian brand Oroton. So I decided Oroton will be as as nice as I go for work too.

I have an Oroton Entourage E/W Tote in Pink. It's a big hand held bag and I use it for pencil case, chargers, lunch and spare cardigan. It's a great bag and every season it comes in wonderful colours.

My second Oroton bag is a vintage Cable Tote. It's around 8 years old and in beautiful condition. it's quite a rare bag because Oroton doesn't produce this quality, style or leather anymore.

I don't think these bags will have be widely loved on the forum, but I think it's nice to show different designs on the forum too. As much as I love seeing reveals (sometimes it gets a bit boring when it's the same bag).

Great bags! Love seeing different bags showcased!

Today the weather is really warm, especially for this time of year and all the snow we have gotten over the last couple months is drastically melting and outside can really only be described as "muck soup". So I opted for my Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Speedy 30, just in case she gets splashed, I know she will be able to take it like a champ!

What a great durable bag!

Gr

Love the Burberry
Ohhh, this Burberry color has been on my wish list for a long time. So pretty!

Very pretty Burberry!

I have never been the biggest Burberry fan, with the exception of this line. I love all the grey and shimmer its so pretty together with the Burberry print!! You chose wisely! ;)
Thank you!

Today the weather is really warm, especially for this time of year and all the snow we have gotten over the last couple months is drastically melting and outside can really only be described as "muck soup". So I opted for my Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Speedy 30, just in case she gets splashed, I know she will be able to take it like a champ!
You can't beat a classic =)

I am also trying to downsize in my bags. Specially I have been selling all my Coach bags I had like 15. I have sold them in different sites as second hand. I have like 6 Longchamps, that I want to sell. But I haven't found any site yet that does this. Any suggestions?
I don't use online websites, I just stick to craigslist because I don't like to deal with shipping and handling and I feel safer knowing that my bag is with me until I actually sell it. I just stick to local sales mostly because I am paranoid.

Congratulations on your new job! Great bags too, it's always fun to see different designers, especially local ones from around the world.

This is beautiful! :heart: I had my eye on something very similar at my Nordstrom for such a long time, but never ended up getting it. :crybaby: I think it's the shimmer. It's taunting me. Haha. For now, I will live vicariously through you! :smile:
Haha, yes, something about the shimmer that draws you in =)

eggtartapproved- It is still a great bag. Those are the ones we need to hold on to!
Definitely! I have a number of bags that I've kept throughout the years but its' hard to find one that I've kept AND still use regularly.

Wow! I've never seen this one before but it's so different from the usual Burberry bags. Very nice!
Thank you! I love it because (IMO) you can't really tell it's Burberry at all and it's very different from their usual color schemes.

I am trying to even use my oldest bags. If I don' t use each and every bag this year it will be time to let those go.
to kind of add to this, or play the devil's advocate.. do u think that if we have to 'try', then it's sort of not meant to be anyway? I know I've been trying to use some bags to see if I want to keep them, but the fact that it's been a while and I need to find a purpose for them, seems to tell me that if they were not in my collection, I would be OK (assuming this is not a HUGE HG to someone and it's just meant to be looked at haha). I've asked myself this many times and of course, I still have trouble letting go.. I guess maybe it's just a process we have to go through.. sort of... must give it a last shot sort of thing?

to kind of add to this, or play the devil's advocate.. do u think that if we have to 'try', then it's sort of not meant to be anyway? I know I've been trying to use some bags to see if I want to keep them, but the fact that it's been a while and I need to find a purpose for them, seems to tell me that if they were not in my collection, I would be OK (assuming this is not a HUGE HG to someone and it's just meant to be looked at haha). I've asked myself this many times and of course, I still have trouble letting go.. I guess maybe it's just a process we have to go through.. sort of... must give it a last shot sort of thing?

I totally agree with the bold statement! On the other hand though, you may fall in love all over again with a bag that hasn't been used in a while! For me, if I haven't used it in a while, it's time to go. I try to not convince myself that I need it, kwim? I've gotten my collection down far enough though that almost everything gets used. I have one Treesje bag that is up in the closet, but the resale market for Treesje is terrible. At this point, if I part with it, I will just donate it.

20140113_090525.jpg

Love the DE Speedy! :ghi5:

This tote is GORGEOUS!! :girlsigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.