2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready for work now. I finally chose my Burberry shimmery dark silver tote with detachable crossbody option. This was the same bag I chose for January 2013. It was also the same bag I chose in answer to the question about keeping just 1 bag in our collection. It's not leather, making it very easy to care for. I love the minimal leather on it and buckle detailing and while it does carry the Burberry check, I think it kind of blends into itself and makes it less recognizable, which I like. I love the gunmetal hardware the best. I use this predominately for work in the colder weathers (since the handles are big enough to fit over my heavier coats)

This is beautiful! :heart: I had my eye on something very similar at my Nordstrom for such a long time, but never ended up getting it. :crybaby: I think it's the shimmer. It's taunting me. Haha. For now, I will live vicariously through you! :smile:

Bakeacookie your Alma is a stunner.
Amornchanel- I think your grey crossbody is perfect for your meetings.
Starbunny-I like them both. I love seeing things I can't easily get. It makes it all the more interesting.
eggtartapproved- It is still a great bag. Those are the ones we need to hold on to!

I'm ready for work now. I finally chose my Burberry shimmery dark silver tote with detachable crossbody option. This was the same bag I chose for January 2013. It was also the same bag I chose in answer to the question about keeping just 1 bag in our collection. It's not leather, making it very easy to care for. I love the minimal leather on it and buckle detailing and while it does carry the Burberry check, I think it kind of blends into itself and makes it less recognizable, which I like. I love the gunmetal hardware the best. I use this predominately for work in the colder weathers (since the handles are big enough to fit over my heavier coats)

Wow! I've never seen this one before but it's so different from the usual Burberry bags. Very nice!

Beautiful alma! One of my favorite styles! Congrats on clearing some slg's. I have never tried to sell anything to a consignment shop. I don't even know how that works. :sad:

Thanks!

I think this shop will either pay me up front a certain amount or they'll price the items and give me half of the selling price once it sells. Either way it's something. Better than it sitting in a box.

I wish I could multi quote on my phone/iPad!! Thank you ladies for the compliments and answers to my inquiry
:smile:

Don't stress! Just reach in your closet and grab something. If it doesn't work for you after a day, reach in and grab something else. I am trying to give equal use to all my bags no matter how cheap or expensive to really see what works best for me.

Thanks! Just feeling like all my bags should get more equal use.

Today's bag was the Coach Men's Bleecker Business Tote in Ocean:

View attachment 2461196

It is VERY POPULAR with female Coachies!

Ocean is such a beautiful shade of blue! And, I also love the Bleecker business tote. I have a black one that I use for travel.

I'm feeling stressed about which bag to use.

Don't stress! Bags are supposed to be fun! Just grab something and use it. Don't worry about whether it matches perfectly or works perfectly -- just use it and either enjoy it or realize that it's not for you and you can get rid of it. :smile:

Finally changed bags.

Now I'm carrying my LV Alma PM, with strap.
My toiletry 26 pouch won't fit in this one so I have to be careful with my iPad.

Kate spade wallet, Coach waverly cosmetic pouch, LV agenda pm, LV Cles.

View attachment 2461419

I don't like hand carry bags only. But carrying this with a strap could warp the shape it seems. So I have to be very careful not to overstuff the bag and make it heavy. Still love this bag though. I've been meaning to hot stamp the key bell.

I'm taking a Coach wallet, MbMJ card case and cosmetic pouch, and a Harajuku lovers cosmetic pouch to a consignment shop. Slowly clearing my unused SLGs. Feels good :smile:

I love the classic shape of the Alma and Indigo is such a beautiful shade of blue!

Very pretty!

I start a new job this Thursday, and it's in an area where people never wear designer bags more expensive than Australian brand Oroton. So I decided Oroton will be as as nice as I go for work too.

I have an Oroton Entourage E/W Tote in Pink. It's a big hand held bag and I use it for pencil case, chargers, lunch and spare cardigan. It's a great bag and every season it comes in wonderful colours.

My second Oroton bag is a vintage Cable Tote. It's around 8 years old and in beautiful condition. it's quite a rare bag because Oroton doesn't produce this quality, style or leather anymore.

I don't think these bags will have be widely loved on the forum, but I think it's nice to show different designs on the forum too. As much as I love seeing reveals (sometimes it gets a bit boring when it's the same bag).

Love the pink Oroton especially, but both totes are really nice!

Nothing is better then a great tote and as you will discover I love purple. What do you use the timbuk2 case for? I have one of their messenger bags and they wear like iron for sporting events.

The timbuk2 case holds my Kindle reader. I have had it for years and it shows absolutely no sign of wear. Love it!

Finally changed bags.

My toiletry 26 pouch won't fit in this one so I have to be careful with my iPad.

View attachment 2461419

I don't like hand carry bags only. But carrying this with a strap could warp the shape it seems. So I have to be very careful not to overstuff the bag and make it heavy. Still love this bag though. I've been meaning to hot stamp the key bell.

I'm taking a Coach wallet, MbMJ card case and cosmetic pouch, and a Harajuku lovers cosmetic pouch to a consignment shop. Slowly clearing my unused SLGs. Feels good :smile:

Gorgeous!!! I have always liked the Alma and yours is just perfection! Love all the pops of Louis and that Kate Spade Wallet is beautiful!

I have never been the biggest Burberry fan, with the exception of this line. I love all the grey and shimmer its so pretty together with the Burberry print!! You chose wisely! ;)

I start a new job this Thursday, and it's in an area where people never wear designer bags more expensive than Australian brand Oroton. So I decided Oroton will be as as nice as I go for work too.

I have an Oroton Entourage E/W Tote in Pink. It's a big hand held bag and I use it for pencil case, chargers, lunch and spare cardigan. It's a great bag and every season it comes in wonderful colours.

My second Oroton bag is a vintage Cable Tote. It's around 8 years old and in beautiful condition. it's quite a rare bag because Oroton doesn't produce this quality, style or leather anymore.

I don't think these bags will have be widely loved on the forum, but I think it's nice to show different designs on the forum too. As much as I love seeing reveals (sometimes it gets a bit boring when it's the same bag).

I haven't heard of Oroton before but that pink is so pretty and I love the quilting on your black tote! Good luck at your new job!!

Today the weather is really warm, especially for this time of year and all the snow we have gotten over the last couple months is drastically melting and outside can really only be described as "muck soup". So I opted for my Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Speedy 30, just in case she gets splashed, I know she will be able to take it like a champ!

20140113_090525.jpg

For the last few days, I have been carrying my Coach Black Violet Saffiano Crossbody City Tote. This is the smallest of the Saffiano City totes that Coach is currently making. It comes with both short shoulder straps and a detachable crossbody strap that I have detached and do not use. The tote is basically a large open sngle pocket with 2 slip pockets on one side and a zip pocket on the other. It carries all of my things nicely and I really like it.
Very pretty!

Today's bag was the Coach Men's Bleecker Business Tote in Ocean:

View attachment 2461196

It is VERY POPULAR with female Coachies!
Very pretty bag. Honestly, I cant imagine men wearing it. :smile:

Finally changed bags.

View attachment 2461419

Very pretty combination. What KS wallet is that, love the color!

Ohhh, this Burberry color has been on my wish list for a long time. So pretty!

Another new brad for me, the bags are very cute!

Today the weather is really warm, especially for this time of year and all the snow we have gotten over the last couple months is drastically melting and outside can really only be described as "muck soup". So I opted for my Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Speedy 30, just in case she gets splashed, I know she will be able to take it like a champ!
Love the bag! Another wish list item :smile:

Oops. Forgot to add the pic. View attachment 2461117
Very pretty!

This truly is a stunner! I will be looking for a Petal to the Metal Natasha in 2014! This color with the little birds really is perfect!

Beautiful!

Great review! Congrats on your lovely!

Very nice crossbody!

Beautiful red!

Sounds like a great set-up for your conference!

I found mine at the outlets a few years ago and it seems that everytime I go back, they're still there (thank goodness cuz I wouldn't mind getting a back-up at some point). Haven't seen any thing similar from KS at the boutiques or department stores

What a cheerful color!
thank you!

What a lovely shade of gray. Love ur slgs too

Great color! I also love their saffiano totes, I have 2 NW ones (winter/fall, and summer/spring). I find they r so great for work. I also have the pencil case but in carnelian. I went so nuts over coach's recent collections.
love the color! I have the bleeker travel in squash. I really enjoyed a lot of the men's items this past year. I think more women than men have bought them haha.

Love this! Is it a crossbody bag?
Thank you all! I love red bags, had quite many before but sold and gave away most of them. My mother-in-law adores red, she has all possible things around her red, shoes, car, clothes and bags, she was very happy to get few of my red bags :smile:

Dooney, it is, but strap could be a bit longer. I am 5.4 and as a cross body the bag sits on a hip, it would be great few inches lower but works. It is perfect over one shoulder.

It wears very well and it has lots of pockets.
Thank you! I have seen Tumi bags in T.J.Maxx and always wondered if they are worth the price. Now I know that they are.

Very pretty!

Thank you all! I love red bags, had quite many before but sold and gave away most of them. My mother-in-law adores red, she has all possible things around her red, shoes, car, clothes and bags, she was very happy to get few of my red bags :smile:

Dooney, it is, but strap could be a bit longer. I am 5.4 and as a cross body the bag sits on a hip, it would be great few inches lower but works. It is perfect over one shoulder.

Thank you! I have seen Tumi bags in T.J.Maxx and always wondered if they are worth the price. Now I know that they are.
If the strap is to short for you,I would be in real trouble if I bought one. I am 5'9" and like a crossbody that hangs very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.