2009 Autumn-Winter leather catalog up!

Well I don't mind doing pics again either...unless they weren't up to par. Maybe we could share the task. I actually liked doing it for you gals.

Not up to par..whatchu talkin' about, Willis? :nuts:

I wouldn't mind working in tandem with you Ms. Liz because I've seen your photos on HH, BE and Ignes and they are perfect..absolutely brilliant and many here have remarked on this..when you got the lookbook and posted photos for the SS part II sale right before you sent it too me..

I'd be more than happy to write about the touch/feely/descriptive point of view if anyone wants me to do so.:smile:

FWIW..leather colors (all colors) looks different in different zones' sunlight..in NYC the colors don't appear the same as they do in FLA or CA for example. ITA about Ignes' photography but HH has the same issues. Not only that but colors appear differently on different computer monitors too.

In the HH subforum, someone hit on a brilliant idea. We were all talking about color..and at behest of Stormy Heart that someone should start a thread; we did. Many of us have a background in art or leather or accessory design. I was used to using the Pantone charts that are used in decorating and fashion.

Stormy explained that there's a color chart that is used on auction sites. It's not expensive at all. We were all thinking of purchasing one so when someone describes the color or posts a photo we'd all be using the same frame of reference. I will go to the thread and post the link ASAP

I would love to see the swatches so I could describe them if you wish me to. Maria knows that I am fussy about color, and am a very visual, tactile and verbal person..as if y'all haven't already figured it out.

Now..off to see if I can do another bag. I haven't even fully absorbed the A/W color chart.

TL, I was asking Maria if she was planning to send two sets of swatches, one to you for pic-taking, and one to me for the look book expandage....I was starting to get confused and didn't want to start telling you what to do with the swatches if they were not the same set!

Anyway, she said she can send two sets next week and we should get them by the 9th or so. But, I'm wondering, since she wants the swatches as centralized as possible, if we could just ask her to do one set and do it this way: send to Ms. Liz for picture-taking, Then Ms. Liz sends to me for lookbook reunion (since Ms. L has already seen the other swatches in the lookbook anyway), then I send that straight on to you for another set of pics in the beautiful SD light, then it goes on to its next destination, perhaps working its way west....

What do you think of that? Just an idea. Or, we could do the two sets, have one set go to Ms. L then to me for the lookbook, while you receive one set directly, then perhaps send out that set or individual to others. That way people get to see the new leathers more quickly, either as part of the set with the lookbook or just the new leathers...hmm I think I like this second idea better! It's like we could have a second set circulating as a supplement to the catalog! In the end it's less swatches Maria will have to send out....

What do you think TL? Ms. Lizardo?? Shall I tell Maria to please send the lookbook set to Ms. L while she still sends TL a set as well??

Have I made a LICK of sense here?? lol

I shall do whatever you wish, E! I am at your service! I think a couple of different sets of pics might be good to test out to see how that effects our decision making processes! I will be out of town from the 5th to the 12th so Ms. L should get them first to photograph for those interested in joining the sale by the 15th. Maria can send me a set during that time as well or you may send the lookbook my way with the new set from Ms. L and I can photograph whatever you'd like!

My ds is interested in photography as a career and has a wonderful camera plus professional editing software so he can get the swatches as close to real life as possible. At least that's what I'm thinking! LOL! Ms. L already has shown that she's able to take beautiful pics of the swatches so even if me and my ds mess up horribly, nothing lost except me and my ds's time! So, one set or two, I'm flexible but I'd get Ms. L a set first. I just think it'll be fun working with my ds on a project like this to sharpen his skills! :smile:

Amigas, I would love to write the copy for the photos if anyone wants. I could use Crayola crayons from the big box of 64 as a color reference so it would be easy for anyone to see what I am talking about compared to the swatches..would that be helpful?

Ditto on texture..I'm pretty good with that as well..and smell..well..as long as there aren't any salmon skin I could sniff to my heart's content!

I'm dying to see A/W IRL!

How does this sound? One set to Ms. Liz to photograph, then to Euridice to add to lookbook. One set to TL to photograph then to GB to write copy? Or vice versa?

GB I love your descriptions and think the crayola idea is great.....

How does this sound? One set to Ms. Liz to photograph, then to Euridice to add to lookbook. One set to TL to photograph then to GB to write copy? Or vice versa?

GB I love your descriptions and think the crayola idea is great.....

Sounds like a plan is coming together!

Yes, I love that crayon idea. I've been thinking that there needs to be a reference that people can refer to then you can go and look at that reference in person. Like a Pantone number, but the crayola thing sounds really cool and I think I could afford to go get some crayons!!

I was thinking of using nail polish as a reference for discussing greens!! I have been into nail polish lately, and it was helpful to see a particular fall color collection on three different blogs. The colors and descriptions did vary a bit, because people's lighting and camera vary. So, the more pics the better, and bring on the crayons!!

Euridice....whichever way you think is best is fine with me. I'll help out anyway I can. Whatever you decdide is fine. I just want to help out, and I do like taking pics. Just keep me posted.

TL, I was asking Maria if she was planning to send two sets of swatches, one to you for pic-taking, and one to me for the look book expandage....I was starting to get confused and didn't want to start telling you what to do with the swatches if they were not the same set!

Anyway, she said she can send two sets next week and we should get them by the 9th or so. But, I'm wondering, since she wants the swatches as centralized as possible, if we could just ask her to do one set and do it this way: send to Ms. Liz for picture-taking, Then Ms. Liz sends to me for lookbook reunion (since Ms. L has already seen the other swatches in the lookbook anyway), then I send that straight on to you for another set of pics in the beautiful SD light, then it goes on to its next destination, perhaps working its way west....

What do you think of that? Just an idea. Or, we could do the two sets, have one set go to Ms. L then to me for the lookbook, while you receive one set directly, then perhaps send out that set or individual to others. That way people get to see the new leathers more quickly, either as part of the set with the lookbook or just the new leathers...hmm I think I like this second idea better! It's like we could have a second set circulating as a supplement to the catalog! In the end it's less swatches Maria will have to send out....

What do you think TL? Ms. Lizardo?? Shall I tell Maria to please send the lookbook set to Ms. L while she still sends TL a set as well??

Have I made a LICK of sense here?? lol

Hi, TL and I discussed this, then I conferred with Maria, and what we would like to do is this: Ms. Liz and I will each receive a set of the brand new leathers. I will add to the lookbook, which is on its way back to me right now, then dispatch it to TL who will be out of town but hopefully I'll get the lookbook to her around the time she returns.

Ms. L, we would be ever so grateful if you could do your photographic wonders with the new leathers. Then, I believe Gingey was yearning to write descriptions and play with crayons.

We will then put that set of swatches into circulation as a supplement to the lookbook, and possibly MAria can designate certain swatches to sent to individuals who need them, whatever works.

TL will take pics of the whole lookbook. Then we will have two sets, plus any other pics people have of the swatches or bags.

I will be going back to the lookbook thread soon to fine tune the list of people waiting to receive it.

Maria does want to centralize the distribution of swatches as much as possible and use the look book, and I am so grateful that she agreed to send two sets of the brand new leathers.

Just so I'm clear, this isn't any kind of judgment on my part against Ms. L's pictures. I like Ms. L and have no intention whatsoever of hurting her feelings ever. I thought it'd be fun is all and if my pics are trash then in the trash they'll go. No problem! I am not the kind of person to be competitive nor am I the type to intentionally steam roll over another person and hurt their feelings. I am a team player and I know without a doubt that so is Ms. L. So, Ms. L, I love you! Please do not take my interest in taking pics of leather swatches personally as they are simply leather swatches. You however are my TPF and Ignes girl friend! XOXO! Thank you, E, for working out a solution! I'm looking forward to the look book when I return from my trip! And plotting those Virginias!! Woohoo!

Y'all, I am so sorry! I intended to post these over the weekend, but had no internet yesterday. Ack! these are the brand new Ignes leathers for AW.

3911933087_0e75f04f35.jpg

this is slightly more pink IRL. But it captures the texture. It's 772, vintage pink.

3911935273_f5dd63b063_b.jpg

"Light suede" 914. I guess it means light gray?

3911936303_ec6c6d3d44_b.jpg

Right now, darker outside, this looks redder, less orange IRL. 774 Rouge.

3911939181_20527c23a3_b.jpg

underside of moc croc

3912723332_3825757e80_b.jpg

mock croc 779, stiff, shiny, has kind of a wine color with shading.

3911939865_b5a74bf92a_b.jpg

another croc pic

3912724136_bf3ac1207c_b.jpg

3912724510_7220773740.jpg

Textured, not too shiny, dark green. Hmm.

3912724818_5351870d08_b.jpg

More 188

3911941297_676c9165b5_b.jpg

188 again.

3912727606_b6933ecfef.jpg

770 pearlized bordeaux It's grapey and the color of Essie's "It's genius" which I am wearing today. It's sheen makes it hard to see its real color. It's got a metallic pinky, grapey sheen, but I would classify it as a wine color. When I say grape I mean like RM Grape. Not purple grape juice, no!

It's just like the metallic blue.

3911943935_4231a2503c.jpg

Put a pinky, metallic shine to it and you got it. But, yeah, it's not really appearing like the pic because it has a metallic shine.

3912731592_5e8b4867e2_b.jpg

This picks up a little bit of the surface bling.

3911949143_6fbc2f8855_b.jpg

780 distressed choco

3912739988_ab27f13e10_b.jpg

I need to ask Maria about this because it's totally different but still says 780 distressed chocolate. This one is richer, shinier, darker, thicker, stiffer. wth....

3911956811_d513c60565_b.jpg

773 earth red. Very close, just put a drop more orange. Underside.

3911957649_51ce78be0e_b.jpg

close, just needs to be a bit more orange. This is a dark terracotta, totally wrinkly nad distressed. Wasn't it Pinkshoulders who wanted a real terracotta??

3912743324_563086599e_b.jpg

look at that texture!

3912745328_38c10586f2_b.jpg

Rouge 774, a pinky red. Bright, shiny.

3911961603_72c557a4af_b.jpg

rouge...

3912747600_6994549a9c_b.jpg

3912747600_6994549a9c_b.jpg

new tan, not in catalog. It's like a tinted leather only no shine. It has a yellowy cast to it. omg, I love it

3911964505_65d8b677ed_b.jpg

look at that, so SOFT!!! must have.

3911965749_50cb0d2ae9_b.jpg

911 deep purple suede. It's a tad more purple in real life. Kinda like crown royal bag. It is my destiny.

3912750428_ffc2ae9b4a_b.jpg

3911967739_f06b111f39_b.jpg

this is a brighter green than this. Hard to capture. shiny, soft, distressed, will make more white marks if you bend or crease it.

3911969339_c43d6575a1_b.jpg

3911970445_3078ebcd2a_b.jpg

saffire blue783. shiny. already had a scratch on it. It's similar to what I remember tinted blue is. Kind of a match.